Cisse Häkkinen was a great Rock Bassist.

PDA

View Full Version : Cisse Häkkinen was a great Rock Bassist.

jigsaw54
03-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Hurriganes ( Finnish rock band ) in 70's was/still is the rawest pure straight rock'n'roll band. It's bassist Cisse played bass with a pick, but played just how bass should be played in rock music. Bass's role is in background logging in with drums. You should hear it, but it should not be disturbing, not come too forth. That guy did it right. The bass is bottom of the rock song, nothing more, nothing less. McCartney's style melodic playing with bass in rock music is overplaying. Paul made a big number about his inventive bass playing. Many people say, he was the only one of the beatles who really mastered his instrument. What the **** is that kind of talk. The song is what are played for. I like Beatles, but to me,McCartney is too showy. I play both guitar and bass and McCartney's basslines are not at all difficult to play, even while singing. This is my opinion and not some musicological's who analyses and everybody uses his opinions. If you post nasty comments as a reply, I just ignore them and quit.

SSDaniel105
03-24-2009, 07:38 PM
It all just depends on your view of what role the bass plays. Listen to Rush and its a completely different vibe. Or Placebo. Or Muse.

The bass is just as much of an instrument as a guitar so I feel that it has its moments to shine just as equal as everyone else.

crimsonblood12
03-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Hurriganes ( Finnish rock band ) in 70's was/still is the rawest pure straight rock'n'roll band. It's bassist Cisse played bass with a pick, but played just how bass should be played in rock music. Bass's role is in background logging in with drums. You should hear it, but it should not be disturbing, not come too forth. That guy did it right. The bass is bottom of the rock song, nothing more, nothing less. McCartney's style melodic playing with bass in rock music is overplaying. Paul made a big number about his inventive bass playing. Many people say, he was the only one of the beatles who really mastered his instrument. What the **** is that kind of talk. The song is what are played for. I like Beatles, but to me,McCartney is too showy. I play both guitar and bass and McCartney's basslines are not at all difficult to play, even while singing. This is my opinion and not some musicological's who analyses and everybody uses his opinions. If you post nasty comments as a reply, I just ignore them and quit.

Promise?

You're rather high and mighty about preaching the way of the bass guitar. Bass has been in the forefront of music since long before rock and roll. Jazz and Blues, which Rock 'n' Roll sprung directly from, sometimes utilized bass as more than just another part of the rhythm section. It was especially so when it started to evolve into rock 'n' Roll.

metalfan#3
03-24-2009, 08:58 PM
I disagree. I feel bass should play counterpoint to the guitar, while also filling out the song and holding down the rhythm section.

Case in point: Everybody Knows This is Nowhere (album), by Neil Young.

jigsaw54
03-25-2009, 06:42 AM
I'm not preaching. Just say my opinion about Rock Bass Playing. Listen to the Hurriganes. That's Rock music. You can have your opinion about bass and I have mine. I like when bassist holds rhythm section together. Even in Cream, Jack Bruce held it together, when Eric and Ginger improvised. Of course Bruce improvised too, but he as a bassist was a counterpoint of that band. Everybody in Cream was Great musician, but I don't like their jazzbased long solos, trying to knock each other off. I hate jazz music, because I prefer music that goes somewhere. And Hurriganes goes. Like an oriental express. Sorry, I disagree with you. I like only rock music. And Noel Redding and Billy Cox were also great rock bassists. When everybody say how awesome bassist McCartney is, George Harrison said, he rather have Willie Weeks playing bass for him. Nothing against Paul. Opinion!

Promise?

You're rather high and mighty about preaching the way of the bass guitar. Bass has been in the forefront of music since long before rock and roll. Jazz and Blues, which Rock 'n' Roll sprung directly from, sometimes utilized bass as more than just another part of the rhythm section. It was especially so when it started to evolve into rock 'n' Roll.

Thefallofman
03-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Jazz music doesn't "go anywhere"?? I don't think that's a fair thing to say.

SomeEvilDude
03-25-2009, 11:24 AM
*reported*

For fucking stupidity. If you have an opinion on the electric basses should be played, take it the bass forum.

Simple fact is: you're wrong. Hell, forget jazz even, some of Bach's basslines were insane.

Derigiberble
03-25-2009, 11:27 AM
If I post nasty comments, what will you be quitting?

Thefallofman
03-25-2009, 11:44 AM
If I post nasty comments, what will you be quitting?
:haha