The ONLY Moody Blues Thread

PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY Moody Blues Thread

Sawman3
04-23-2009, 10:31 AM
I can only wonder why there wasn't one of these earlier... :eek:

Anyway, brilliant group, great music. Their influence can be seen in all sorts of more recent bands from Slightly Stoopid to Pearl Jam.

Discuss :cheers:

ant_mcbane
04-23-2009, 10:49 AM
To be honest, the only song i've heard by them is Nights in White Satin, and that was through my dad a looooooong time ago, it's an awesome song but i never really pursued them, any other tips on songs/albums?

Helpy Helperton
04-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah moody blues are an awesome group, they have some absolute classics like nights in white satin, Question, i'm just a singer(in a rock and roll band), story in your eyes. So I agree great group, they deserve much praise.

Pearl Jam were influenced by them? I guess that's why I love pearl Jam too then :D

Sawman3
04-23-2009, 10:55 AM
ant_mcbane: All of their albums are great. I'd strongly recommend To Our Children's Children's Children to start out with.

Helpy: Pearl Jam never stated them as an influence as far as I know, but I definitely feel like the influence is there.

Marcos Zarevich
04-25-2009, 02:54 PM
I'd recommend Seventh Sojourn, where I'm just a singer in a rock'n'roll band is. Though the lyrics may seem a bit naive, they were a great band. A question of balance is a good record too

HiImKindaNewAnd
04-26-2009, 12:03 PM
I have Days of Future Passed. The material is excellent, but the orchestra is a little too cheesy for my tastes.