Aerosmith and ZZ top Tour

PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith and ZZ top Tour

Aeromaiden2195
04-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Man i cant wait for this tour to kick off, i just found out they are coming to my town and im psyched about it man, 2 of my favorite bands together, this is going to be awesome, is anyone else excited about this tour.

therudycometh
04-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Me! I got tix to PNC in NJ!

hothead69999
04-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Hell yeah, i got tix to the show at the Palace up in Detroit this morning.

BrainDamage
04-26-2009, 03:08 AM
There is not a chance in hell I am paying $200 to see Aerosmith play an hour and a half long set consisting of the same songs they've been playing in the past few years. We'll see if they live up to their word and play some stuff that hasn't been played in a while, but either way, I'm not going. Also, I could care less about ZZ Top.

Thefallofman
04-26-2009, 11:20 PM
INSANE ticket prices. I thought about going, but I could go to probably 3 equally cool shows for that money.

Edit: Billy Gibbons annoys me.

BrainDamage
04-27-2009, 12:06 AM
INSANE ticket prices. I thought about going, but I could go to probably 3 equally cool shows for that money. You could see Yes for free if you got your ass out to NJ.

Krustbox
04-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Man i didn't even realize this tour was happening until i saw this thread. Thanks for the post! I think ZZ Top and Aerosmith are great bands. :D

Thefallofman
04-27-2009, 08:40 AM
You could see Yes for free if you got your ass out to NJ.
I pretty much saw them for free when they played here last year, it was only $20.

BrainDamage
04-27-2009, 01:24 PM
^^$20 =/= free. Plus, you sat in the balcony. At this show, you'd be up close and personal. And you'd get free entry into Six Flags, which is a $50 value right there.

eberg2
04-27-2009, 02:06 PM
I got tickets for june 24.... I'm happy lol, they wound up being fifty bucks a piece from the extra charges at this damn place, the tickets themselves were only 29 =/

Polystant
05-31-2009, 02:24 PM
I got tickets for june 24.... I'm happy lol, they wound up being fifty bucks a piece from the extra charges at this damn place, the tickets themselves were only 29 =/
WHAT EXTRA CHARGES????

In Pittsburgh? I was planning on going to that show since it was only $30 bucks

BrainDamage
05-31-2009, 09:24 PM
WHAT EXTRA CHARGES????

In Pittsburgh? I was planning on going to that show since it was only $30 bucks General service charge, convenience charge, building facility charge, processing charge, and an extra $2.50 thrown in if you print the tickets from home.

eberg2
05-31-2009, 10:21 PM
WHAT EXTRA CHARGES????

In Pittsburgh? I was planning on going to that show since it was only $30 bucks
bahahaha, ya, and the dude above me pretty much said it....
Post gazzette pavilion rips you off really bad, well same with anywhere, but ya, its almost the price of the ticket in extra charges, my tickets came to 47.50 each

where do you live in pittbsurgh by the way??

I live in the north hills (allison park, hampton twp)

cornmancer
06-01-2009, 09:34 PM
I was gonna go but I don't feel like I can con my dad out of $200, or even feel like I would want to go. Good bands but not $200 of good, especially since I saw Hubert Sumlin the other day for $20, and that was so good I can't play guitar now because I'm still absorbing it after 2 days.

greekguitarist3
06-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Ahhh two of my favorite bands ever playing, but I'm afraid my dad isn't willing to pay that much money. =(. I'm just really hoping to win the tickets on the radio like I did for AC/DC back in December. I've called about a gazillion times and still keeping my ears open and my fingers crossed.

aig91
06-02-2009, 12:55 AM
That should be one hell of a tour.

EDIT: Yes! Chicago on August 28th.

eberg2
06-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Ahhh two of my favorite bands ever playing, but I'm afraid my dad isn't willing to pay that much money. =(. I'm just really hoping to win the tickets on the radio like I did for AC/DC back in December. I've called about a gazillion times and still keeping my ears open and my fingers crossed.
I was gonna go but I don't feel like I can con my dad out of $200, or even feel like I would want to go. Good bands but not $200 of good, especially since I saw Hubert Sumlin the other day for $20, and that was so good I can't play guitar now because I'm still absorbing it after 2 days.

not to get off topic, but don't you guys have jobs??? if you really wanna see it that bad, just raise the money yourself, it will probably be well worth it

greekguitarist3
06-03-2009, 09:39 PM
not to get off topic, but don't you guys have jobs??? if you really wanna see it that bad, just raise the money yourself, it will probably be well worth it

No actually i don't have a job. I'm only 16. And plus, all the babysitting money i have isnt even close to how much the tickets cost hahah

cornmancer
06-03-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm only 14 :sad:

eberg2
06-04-2009, 02:16 PM
No actually i don't have a job. I'm only 16. And plus, all the babysitting money i have isnt even close to how much the tickets cost hahah
I'm sixteen and work at mcdonalds, so i dono how that excuse works, but if you want it bad enough theres ways, good luck.............

greekguitarist3
06-04-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm sixteen and work at mcdonalds, so i dono how that excuse works, but if you want it bad enough theres ways, good luck.............

Ya, i do want it pretty bad. I babysit a lot, but dont get paid that much. I'm just so busy with school and softball and basketball, but when i get out of school next week ima look for a job. But its gotta be near my house cuz i dont even have my permit yet :(

eberg2
06-05-2009, 01:44 AM
Ya, i do want it pretty bad. I babysit a lot, but dont get paid that much. I'm just so busy with school and softball and basketball, but when i get out of school next week ima look for a job. But its gotta be near my house cuz i dont even have my permit yet :(
gotta make sacrifices for things... lol, find something close to school so you can walk from there if no one will drive you, I only have my permit but my parents can work it out and they both work so, its not impossible, or jack up your baby sitting prices, as long as no one else can take your block :D

wilty00
06-05-2009, 09:46 PM
I was thinking about going but $128 for the cheapest seats in the house in a huge stadium? No thanks.

Seen them twice already anyway... I'm sure they'll put on a wicked show though. They always do.

greekguitarist3
06-06-2009, 07:39 PM
gotta make sacrifices for things... lol, find something close to school so you can walk from there if no one will drive you, I only have my permit but my parents can work it out and they both work so, its not impossible, or jack up your baby sitting prices, as long as no one else can take your block :D

lol thats a good idea, i should charge more for babysitting.
Thanks, i think im gonna look for a job at carls junior or baskin robbins this summer cuz i can walk there from my house. Ahhhh i hope i can pay for the tickets :)

eberg2
06-06-2009, 10:34 PM
lol thats a good idea, i should charge more for babysitting.
Thanks, i think im gonna look for a job at carls junior or baskin robbins this summer cuz i can walk there from my house. Ahhhh i hope i can pay for the tickets :)
ha, I've heard baskin robbins isnt bad to work at, I have a couple friends who work there

greekguitarist3
06-07-2009, 01:34 AM
ha, I've heard baskin robbins isnt bad to work at, I have a couple friends who work there

Ohh really?? That's good. Then I think I'll apply there when i get out of school next week.

eberg2
06-08-2009, 02:38 AM
Ohh really?? That's good. Then I think I'll apply there when i get out of school next week.
good luck=)

PeaRlJamrHCp
06-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I really want to go to this concert but i dont know if the age of the members will affect how good they are. I mean they're geting pretty old.

Polystant
06-09-2009, 07:33 PM
bahahaha, ya, and the dude above me pretty much said it....
Post gazzette pavilion rips you off really bad, well same with anywhere, but ya, its almost the price of the ticket in extra charges, my tickets came to 47.50 each

where do you live in pittbsurgh by the way??

I live in the north hills (allison park, hampton twp)
Actually I live in Cleveland. But i didnt wanna wait til september to see them. 2 MORE WEEKS!

Polystant
06-09-2009, 07:36 PM
I personally think that they (Aerosmith) will be doing more of the 70s classic. I think they realized how bad their pop stuff was. Honkin on bobo was a step bakc in the right direction. Also, they are doing one of the first 3 albums all the way through as Ive heard. And Joe is finally going to be doing combination again. I hope they do Aerosmith or Get Your Wings

eberg2
06-09-2009, 07:47 PM
haha cool, I swear I thought you lived in pittsburgh for some other reason though..... o well whatever

BrainDamage
06-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Also, they are doing one of the first 3 albums all the way through as Ive heard. They'll be doing Toys. Tyler confirmed it. I'm not sure if I'm happy with that now that Brad is out for half the tour. It would suck to have Round and Round played for the first time live without Brad, who wrote it.
And Joe is finally going to be doing combination again. Yeah he did it with his son's band, but given this band's history, there's no telling if that'll carry over into Aerosmith. That being said, I think chances are good that they'll play it this year. I really, really hope they do.

greekguitarist3
06-09-2009, 08:27 PM
good luck=)

Thank you very much :)

futurejp
06-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Tomorrow's setlist is probably going to be:

01. Back In The Saddle
02. Cryin'
03. Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
04. Love In An Elevator
05. Dream On
06. Combination
07. Toys In The Attic
08. Uncle Salty
09. Adam's Apple
10. Walk This Way
11. Big Ten Inch Record
12. Sweet Emotion
13. No More No More
14. Round And Round
15. You See Me Crying
16. Livin' On The Edge
-------------------------------
17. What It Takes
18. Draw The Line
-------------------------------
19. Train Kept A Rollin'

Or something very close to that.

BrainDamage
06-10-2009, 12:40 AM
^^Combination. COMBINATION. I can't tell you how much I love that song and how excited I am to finally see it on an Aerosmith setlist. Then throw in Uncly Salty, Round and Round, and You See Me Crying for the first time ever, the rarely played Adam's Apple, No More No More, 10 Inch, Sweet E, Train, Saddle, and Elevator...I'm very happy with the way that looks on paper. I mean, in a perfect world, I think they should replace Cryin', What It Takes, Draw the Line, Edge, and Falling in Love with Rats, Kings and Queens, Pandora's Box, Movin' Out, and Sick As A Dog, but I honestly can't complain about this proposed setlist.

BrainDamage
06-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Well folks, it has happened. Combination, Uncle Salty, and Round and Round made their live debuts tonight.

Monkey On My Back
Cryin'
Love In An Elevator
Dream On
Combination
Toys in the Attic
Uncle Salty
Adam's Apple
Walk This Way
Big 10 Inch Record
Sweet Emotion
No More No More
Round and Round
Livin' On The Edge
Draw the Line
Train Kept A Rollin'

Jaded and You See Me Crying were cut from the original setlist, the latter of which making the Toys album incomplete, a move which has me dumbfounded. That had to be Steven Tyler's decision.

futurejp
06-11-2009, 02:04 AM
There was a tornado warning so the concert got pushed back a whole hour. Considering the strict curfews in venues, losing an hour yet only cutting 2 songs is actually a good thing.

BrainDamage
06-11-2009, 12:36 PM
^^I understand that. But the idea was to play Toys in its entirety, so why cut You See Me Crying? Why not cut one of the other eight songs in the setlist not from the album?

Polystant
06-11-2009, 05:36 PM
So was You see me cryin only cut because of weather or will it be missing in theentire tour??

futurejp
06-11-2009, 07:17 PM
I believe it will be back in the set. Next show is Saturday.

Polystant
06-11-2009, 09:29 PM
alright cool. I bringing 6 friends on a road trip to Pittsburgh but we all had to get lawn seats

A Rolling Stone
06-11-2009, 10:37 PM
How much were lawn seats? 3,000 bucks? :p:
I would've loved to went to a show on this tour, but I'm already going to two concerts this Summer (probably three) and I don't think I could arse anyone I know out of something like 200 bucks :(

eberg2
06-12-2009, 02:04 AM
alright cool. I bringing 6 friends on a road trip to Pittsburgh but we all had to get lawn seats
lawn seats here are not bad at all, sometimes they're more fun than the up front ones if you aren't like litterally first or second row, and this show should be packed, but ya lawn seats really arent bad, you can see fine, you can walk to where you can see better by the fence to the good seats, but it really isnt bad ;)

Shadow Fang
06-12-2009, 02:07 AM

i really dont care where i sit cause i just wanna hear Top and Aerosmith man. Thats all that matters to me.

Polystant
06-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Yea man, I mostly want to go to HEAR them. Isn't that a big part of what concerts used to be for? Seeing them would be an added bonus. I was 13th row when i saw Alice Cooper and it was great. Tickets for that were only $40.

master
06-13-2009, 11:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fdl7SRybfo

sound awesome! Sweet ass stage too!

Polystant
06-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Anybody know which song they used to showcase most of the solos? I'm guessing Sweet Emotion but I really have no idea

And what kinda Aero-Merch did they have (t-shirts, joes sauce)

BrainDamage
06-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Anybody know which song they used to showcase most of the solos? I'm guessing Sweet Emotion but I really have no idea Most of their songs are played with similar arrangements to the studio versions, but there are a few that are extended, such as Last Child, Lord of the Thighs, Rats in the Cellar/Rattlesnake Shake (same jam, different song), Train Kept A Rollin', Baby Please Don't Go, Stop Messin' Around, and even Tom Hamilton gets a solo in Same Old Song and Dance.

Polystant
06-18-2009, 05:01 PM
what does ZZ top play? and is there another openenr or is it just ZZ and Aerosmith?

eberg2
06-24-2009, 01:46 PM
WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! AEROSMITH TONIGHT?

I'm pretty psyched about this......

anyone else going to the pittsburgh show tonight?

chea_man
06-25-2009, 03:58 PM
just saw them in Pittsburgh last night. hell of a show. hell of a show.

chea_man
06-25-2009, 04:01 PM
There is not a chance in hell I am paying $200 to see Aerosmith play an hour and a half long set consisting of the same songs they've been playing in the past few years. We'll see if they live up to their word and play some stuff that hasn't been played in a while, but either way, I'm not going. Also, I could care less about ZZ Top.
the played the entire toys in the attic album. also, they do a different set everynight.
also, my tickets only cost me 45 bucks, including fees at the post gazette.

BrainDamage
06-25-2009, 04:27 PM
the played the entire toys in the attic album. Minus You See Me Crying. If you're going to market it as the entire album, play the entire album.
also, they do a different set everynight. Hardly. The biggest set change they've done so far was during the second show, in which they dropped Monkey On My Back, moved Train to the opening slot, and added Come Together as the encore.
also, my tickets only cost me 45 bucks, including fees at the post gazette. Sorry, I don't do lawn seats.

And to be completely honest, I wasn't exactly blown away by the audio recording I heard from the 2009-06-16 show (with the exception of Bobby Schneck. He's pulls off Brad's sound pretty well if you ask me). I just hope they step it up next week at Hershey Park.

eberg2
06-25-2009, 04:28 PM
the played the entire toys in the attic album. also, they do a different set everynight.
also, my tickets only cost me 45 bucks, including fees at the post gazette.

same

just saw them in Pittsburgh last night. hell of a show. hell of a show.

and yes!!! incredible, my only complaint is that joe perry can not sing and really needs to realize that, steven was a bit rough on cryin, but by the end of the song he definately nailed it

zz top was great too, they just didnt seem to have a lot of energy, I loved just got paid and tush is an amazing song no matter waht
well worth my 47.50$

futurejp
06-25-2009, 10:16 PM
From the reviews I've read, the Mansfield show (which is the show that has the audio/video bootleg out) was the dull show so far. The other ones were apparently full of energy.

BrainDamage
06-25-2009, 10:25 PM
^^D'oh :haha:

chea_man
06-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Sorry, I don't do lawn seats.

thats your loss. thats where the party is. the rich dudes can have the comfy chairs.

Polystant
06-26-2009, 11:36 AM
pittsburg show was so great. Greatest concert I've been to. I was really upset about the absence of Brad and You see me crying but by the end of the show you just forgot about it.

I still can't believe they didn't play back in the saddle (or even IDWMAT no matter how much I hate it). I personally think that come together was a bad choice for an encore but it was still great. I was the one that started chanting aerosmith to bring them back after come together, but to no avail

chea_man
06-26-2009, 12:30 PM
pittsburg show was so great. Greatest concert I've been to. I was really upset about the absence of Brad and You see me crying but by the end of the show you just forgot about it.

I still can't believe they didn't play back in the saddle (or even IDWMAT no matter how much I hate it). I personally think that come together was a bad choice for an encore but it was still great. I was the one that started chanting aerosmith to bring them back after come together, but to no avail
they usually do more encores. everyone in the lawn wanted more, but it seemed like the people in the good seats didnt care.

futurejp
06-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Pittsburgh's printed setlist had both Walkin' The Dog before Elevator and Rag Doll before Come Together. But for some reason, those two weren't played.

eberg2
06-26-2009, 02:14 PM
maybe it was printed before hand, or what their planned set list was?

lol

I would have loved to hear ragdoll though =/

and chea man, you see the chick flashing, ahahaha, that was fun lol, these two guys witht he event staff t shirts kept coming back after seeing that ahah

futurejp
06-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Aerosmith finally played You See Me Cryin'. For the first time, they played an album in full:

http://vindaloo.web44.net/tour.php?d=200906260&s=200902010&e=201000000&t=2&tour=30

Polystant
06-28-2009, 11:19 AM
maybe it was printed before hand, or what their planned set list was?

lol

I would have loved to hear ragdoll though =/

and chea man, you see the chick flashing, ahahaha, that was fun lol, these two guys witht he event staff t shirts kept coming back after seeing that ahah

Haha no i didn't...where were you? I was middle left of the stage about halfway up

Sloopy
06-28-2009, 03:18 PM
When it comes to this tour, I pass. They're playing BC Place in my area and the sound in that hellhole is just terrible. I'm not a huge ZZ Top fan but I do like Aerosmith, just not enough to shell out that kind of dough. I'm trying to win tickets through local contests, but I refuse to pay to go see them.

futurejp
06-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Have you seen the latest setlist?

eberg2
06-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Haha no i didn't...where were you? I was middle left of the stage about halfway up
just to the right of the center stairs ahaha, ya, half way up too lol

BrainDamage
06-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Aerosmith finally played You See Me Cryin'. For the first time, they played an album in full:

http://vindaloo.web44.net/tour.php?d=200906260&s=200902010&e=201000000&t=2&tour=30 Tyler NEEDS to bring the bridge part down the octave. First off, it sounded terrible, and second, if he continues to sing it up high like he did on the 26th he's going to lose his voice fast. Other than that, I thought the song sounded great.

vetteman427
07-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Man i cant wait for this tour to kick off, i just found out they are coming to my town and im psyched about it man, 2 of my favorite bands together, this is going to be awesome, is anyone else excited about this tour.
that would be me. man i saw zz recently and they blew the roof off that freekin buildin!!!! thoose guys left ya wantin more.cant imagine areosmith doin any less.rock on you rock GODS!!!!!

vetteman427
07-03-2009, 01:25 AM
If there is anyone out there that may be wondering if
ZZ is worth paying that much to see let me put it simply HELL YEA!! they got tha grit boys and i garontee yull feel it down in yer bones. so cumon, lets support em in their golden years. p.s.areosmith will probably be a good opener for em. they deserve no less.

BrainDamage
07-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Those bastards canceled the next two shows because Steven Tyler is hurt. One of those two shows is Hershey Park. I had 15th row tickets for that one :mad: Will they ever be able to get through a tour without a problem?

ehwalled
07-03-2009, 01:53 AM
i got 7th row tickets when they come to town. and yes they were pricey at 169 a piece. so hopefully worth it. if it was not for ZZ i would not have even looked at them . so i figure 100 for aerosmith and 69 for the Top.

Thefallofman
07-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Those bastards canceled the next two shows because Steven Tyler is hurt. One of those two shows is Hershey Park. I had 15th row tickets for that one :mad: Will they ever be able to get through a tour without a problem?
I heard the cancellation had more to do with going to Michael Jackson's memorial service, but I don't know if that holds any weight.

The other show was the Cincinnati show. I didn't have tickets, but I may get some for the rescheduled date. Whitford will be back then anyway, so I suppose this may be better in the long run.

BrainDamage
07-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I heard the cancellation had more to do with going to Michael Jackson's memorial service, but I don't know if that holds any weight. Aeroforceone says it's an artist injury. Apparently Steven Tyler pulled (tore?) his hamstring at a recent show.

The other show was the Cincinnati show. I didn't have tickets, but I may get some for the rescheduled date. Whitford will be back then anyway, so I suppose this may be better in the long run. Yeah, better in the long run for those who can attend the rescheduled show. Chances are, they'll add the canceled dates to the end of the tour, which means they'll be in September. I'll be at school in Delaware in September, with no way of getting to Hershey.

metallicaPOOS
07-03-2009, 04:01 PM
In 2006, i saw Aerosmith here in Ottawa with Lenny Kravitz opening. To be honest, i enjoyed Lenny Kravitz more. I got tired of Aerosmith easily considering their concert focused mostly on their late 80's ballads. Lenny Kravitz was way more rock n roll and he put on a great show. And he sounds like he always has, which can't be said for Aerosmith, not at my concert anyways.

That being said, i didnt buy tickets for this show.

BrainDamage
07-03-2009, 04:15 PM
I got tired of Aerosmith easily considering their concert focused mostly on their late 80's ballads. Lenny Kravitz was way more rock n roll and he put on a great show. Focused mostly on their late 80s ballads? Are you serious? I'll have some of whatever you're smoking http://www.thegearpage.net/board/images/smilies/34853_bong.GIF

1. Helter Skelter
2. Walk This Way
3. Same Old Song And Dance
4. Cryin'
5. Livin' On The Edge
6. No More No More
7. Jaded
8. Shakin' My Cage
9. Sweet Emotion
10. Seasons of Whither
11. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
12. Dream On
13. Lord Of The Thighs
14. The Other Side
15. Baby Please Don't Go
16. Train Kept A Rollin'
---ENCORE---
17. Back In The Saddle
18. Draw The Line

TheHeartbreaker
07-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Tuesday. I am going on Tuesday.

And I will have some of that cannabis, too, fine sir.

futurejp
07-03-2009, 07:08 PM
In 2006, i saw Aerosmith here in Ottawa with Lenny Kravitz opening. To be honest, i enjoyed Lenny Kravitz more. I got tired of Aerosmith easily considering their concert focused mostly on their late 80's ballads.

Just helping out what BrainDamage said, here's a breakdown of the songs from that show:

10 out of 18 songs were from official 70s albums (Dream On, Same Old Song And Dance, Seasons Of Wither, Lord Of The Thighs, Train Kept A Rollin', Walk This Way, No More No More, Sweet Emotion, Back In The Saddle, Draw The Line), 2 of the 18 were tracks that were recorded after the 70s but they're from the 60s or earlier (Helter Skelter and Baby Please Don't Go), 1 of the 18 was a rockin' Joe Perry solo tune (Shakin' My Cage), that just leaves 5 songs left. One from the 80s (The Other Side), 3 from the 90s (I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, Cryin', Livin' On The Edge), and one from the 2000s (Jaded).

I don't know where your head was at the concert but that show definitely favored more hardcore 70s-oriented fans.

master
08-23-2009, 07:58 PM
http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view/20090820aerosmith/srvc=home&position=1

Looks like Steven could be off the wagon. :sad:

BrainDamage
08-23-2009, 08:06 PM
^^Good for the band, if you ask me. Tyler needs to get his shit together.

futurejp
08-24-2009, 08:36 AM
This might be true, but there's very little evidence to support some of the major claims. But I agree, it would be good for the band. It's a very ****ed up time.