Dean Vendetta Model Type?

PDA

View Full Version : Dean Vendetta Model Type?

latenjband
05-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Hello, this is my first UG Forum post although I've been reading the tabs and forums here for years. I've been playing now for about 12 years (8-9 seriously) and I just have a couple questions about a used Dean I put a down payment on at my local guitar shop.

I recently ordered a single-locking Floyd Rose bridge for my Ibanez AX 440. I love this guitar in that it's the guitar I learned how to play on, I've modified the **** out of it, and I dunno it just seems to feel right in my hands. The wood on this guitar sucks my ass, but I had my luthier install a Dimebucker pick-up in the bridge a while back and now it screams. The thing is, is when I go to have the Floyd Rose put on, I don't feel like having the burden of having to tighten and re-tighten the key locks everytime I want to switch to Drop D. This is the main reason I'm holding off on getting it installed and put a down payment on the Dean Vendetta I saw at the store. This way I'll be able to mod the Dean out for Drop-D, get the Floyd Rose installed on the Ibanez and keep it in standard. This brings me to my main question, lol. I need to find out exactly what model the Vendetta is.

The Dean seems to me to be a great guitar for 199$. It's nice and heavy (weight-wise), and there's not a scratch on the thing. Whoever had it, must not have known how to play. I did notice however, that the pick-ups sucked big time but that's no problem I'm going to put EMG 81/85's in it anyway.
Stats:
24 Extra Jumbo Frets
Natural Wood body, lacquer finish (Reddish tone)
Double cut-away
4 Screw Bolt On Neck
Made in China
O06040731 Serial
Standard black tuners
Licensed Black Floyd Rose Bridge
Dot Inlay (Not sure of material, mother of pearl, ivory, etc.)
Dual Humbucking pick-ups (Suuuuuck)
3 way Toggle switch (Between the knobs)
2 knobs (Volume/Tone)

Again, I just need to know what the model of this particular Vendetta is. I don't know to much about Dean's as their not my own personal choice of guitar's but I know they kick ass and I can tell it's a nice guitar. The year of this guitar might be helpful also, because I don't know if Dean just started making different models of the Vendetta just recently or they've been doing this for years. I'm thinking now to just e-mail Dean the serial and maybe they can give me a list of specs, but I figured I'd ask the people who have helped me all these years first.

PS. - The Dean weighs about 5-6 lbs. more then my Ibanez from what I can tell by picking them up at the same time. Vendetta is written on the truss rod cover going towards the headstock. Dean is scribbled in cursive in the middle of the headstock followed by the dean wings at the top of the headstock signature cut. Hope this info helps anyone looking to help me figure this dillema out! Lol and thank you UG Community, keep up the good work!

Chuck

darkcheef
05-03-2009, 01:18 PM
The dean is horrible, I played one and it feels way to flimsy and doesn't give off a good natural tone IMO

Killedelphia19
05-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Seriously, i don't know anything about deans and this took me literally 10 seconds to find on google

Dean Vendetta 1 F
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Vendetta-1-Electric-Guitar-with-Floyd-Rose?sku=515822

latenjband
05-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the info, although I didnt ask for your personal opinions, or how long it would take you...I can see why people do not post on UG now lol. If you guys have that much angst, channel it towards something positive. I do however, thank you for the help

Baby Joel
05-03-2009, 02:12 PM
If you think those two posts have that much angst, you should leave this forum, now.

darkcheef
05-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the info, although I didnt ask for your personal opinions, or how long it would take you...I can see why people do not post on UG now lol. If you guys have that much angst, channel it towards something positive. I do however, thank you for the help

Look for it yourself next time if you don't want opinions.

latenjband
05-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Lol, last post to this thread since I'm looking something up and playing instead of being a dork. I can tell by your equipment listings and your attitudes that I'd smoke all three of you playing wise. I won't even waste my time anymore as I can plainly tell I'm dealing with kids and not real musicians. Take care you guys

darkcheef
05-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Lol, last post to this thread since I'm looking something up and playing instead of being a dork. I can tell by your equipment listings and your attitudes that I'd smoke all three of you playing wise. I won't even waste my time anymore as I can plainly tell I'm dealing with kids and not real musicians. Take care you guys

Or maybe we are not rich and having hard econimic times... good gear has nothing to do with talent

Killedelphia19
05-03-2009, 04:47 PM

Are you retarted? I play a $2,400 guitar. But i still do not see any logical inferences you could make towards our playing skill by the prices of our equipment. And i was simply inferring by my earlier statement, that you could have easily found that information yourself, and the was absolutley no reason to create a thread on this subject. I also do not see why you feel it neccescery to berate those you were asking help of, i'm sorry, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. Also, calling us kids, and not real musicians is just plain stupid of you, there is no age limit on being a musician. And lastly, what gives you the authority to judge who is, and isn't a musician?

latenjband
05-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Your absoltuly right you two, especially you Killedelph. I'm from NJ so we're mad close distance wise. Gear has nothing to do with playing no doubt. Thank you two for the help, I honestly appreciated it, as I used it to convince the wife to let me buy it lol. I'm sorry I acted like a tool, my bad. As far as the authority to judge who is and isn't a musician, I just felt like you guys were being douches to me and felt I was lazy for not looking up my own material. This was the first place I thought of and knew I would find my answer here. Yep yep, anyone who plays and is trying to be serious and actually learn guitar should be applauded. Even if after you do learn, your just having fun it's still commendable. Again, thank you two for the links and info. As far as the Dean sucking Darkcheef, I felt the guitar actually felt very stable in my hands as opposed to flimsy. What felt flimsy to you? The neck, the body? Also you have to remember that I'm going to replace the pickups with EMG 81/85's right away, so the **** tone from the stocks won't matter. Hope to talk to ya guys again.

Flux'D
05-04-2009, 02:04 AM
I haven't played this guitar at all, but judging that it is a Chinese Dean it probably isn't much more than a decent practice guitar of some sort. I've only played a handfull of Chinese Deans and they're nothing to behold to be honest.

Actually the only Chinese Deans I reccomend to people are the ML's with maching headstocks because they're equipped with Grover tuners. I can't judge this guitar since I've never played it though, so this whole post was pretty much pointless haha

EDIT: The X series seem to have Grovers as well :p: