Awesome metal guitarist

PDA

View Full Version : Awesome metal guitarist

McShredder
05-04-2009, 04:21 AM
I found this guy on youtube, his name is KillrBuckeye

He does covers of a load of metal songs, killswitch engage, trivium, metallica e.t.c.
Hes only got two originals but they're awesome!!

I'd advise you look through his tunes :)

This is the one i'm listening to most;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDhaegA7UJ0

Btw, i'm not him trying to advertise or anything lols, just think hes a good guitarist!

Anyways, enjoy!

LordPino
05-04-2009, 04:29 AM
He's really good!
But he can't alternate pick for sht lol :) I like his own songs too.

Jeroenofzo
05-04-2009, 04:42 AM
Noticed his vibrato?
It's kinda weak.
But it is a very good guitarist!

Stud_Muffin
05-04-2009, 04:43 AM
yeah, i've seen quite a few of his videos, he's got a real nice tone for that sort of stuff too, in my opinion, although i think all he uses is a line 6 POD, or something along those lines, hooked up to his computor. i think my favourite is either his rose of sharyn cover or the one he wrote for his newborn son, arrival, or something.

i wouldnt actually be surprised if he was on UG, tbh...

leony03
05-04-2009, 04:44 AM
iv been subscirbed to him for ages. my favourite cover of his is his master of puppets intrelude and solo. flawless :D

larrytheguitar
05-04-2009, 04:45 AM
He is on UG. He posts tabs all the time!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/KillrBuckeye/

McShredder
05-04-2009, 04:50 AM
Yeah i did think his vibrato is weak, but hey each to their own.
Woop.

Poglia
05-04-2009, 05:00 AM
He is a good player, and the song is nice (also not easy to play). I like him.

P.S.: the intro of the song reminds me a lot of Metallica songs.

Elden G20
05-04-2009, 05:18 AM
Thats great! He sort of over did the harmonys though.

KillrBuckeye
05-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Yes, I am on UG! :) Thanks for the thread--I'm flattered.

I don't claim to be a great guitar player when it comes to technique. I try to make up for that with composition and accurate transcriptions of cover songs.

As for criticism of my vibrato, this is something I've heard before, but no one has been able to actually tell me what it is they don't like. It would be nice if someone could point to specific examples in one of my *recent* videos, and tell me what you think is wrong. Personally, I think I do a fine job if you listen to my original songs. Maybe I'm not great at mimicking the vibrato technique of other players though.

Over-use of harmonies is another criticism I've heard before. What can I really say? I love dual guitar harmonies. I've never listened to a song and thought to myself that there was too much dual guitar harmonization. Especially in instrumental guitar music, you hear it all the time. I guess it comes down to personal taste.

McShredder
05-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Well Mr Buckeye :P
In regard to the vibrato thing.
When you let fretted notes ring out, there simply ISN'T any vibrato!
I shall find an example or two...

Couldn't be arsed! I check the recent videos and couldn't immediately notice any. Evidently the lack of vibrato was in the earlier videos.

Oh, and personally, i prefer the harmonies. They're awesome. Hope you get some more originals done :)

rypher21
05-06-2009, 06:24 AM
yeah..he's really a good guitarist..i have heard most of his cover songs..