Tightest Live Band

PDA

View Full Version : Tightest Live Band

goonerbynature
05-12-2009, 02:40 AM
Ok, sorry if this has been done before, but there was no newish thread when I searched, so here goes;

Which do you think is the tightest live band, regardless of whether or not you like them or not, regardless of their stage bahaviour, etc.

Eg. I think Breaking Benjamin(Even though I really dislike them) are a very tight band live, even managing to sound a lot like their album recordings.

Another one would be Green Day.

You guys?

Darkkon
05-12-2009, 02:49 AM
BTBAM anyone?

defective13
05-12-2009, 02:50 AM
Killswitch Engage
the guitarist evem stops the drummers cymbal for him cos hes still drummin, now thats tight (Y)

Martindecorum
05-12-2009, 02:51 AM
BTBAM
Dream Theater
Meshugga

joshuagonzalez
05-12-2009, 02:54 AM
skillet.
they seem pretty tight.
they toured with breaking benjamin.

ShestShestShest
05-12-2009, 02:59 AM
it's not exactly hard to be tight if your playing greenday or breaking benjamin..
Kreator on the other hand
was tight like a 3 year old girl.
as was Destruction and Dethklok and Judas Priest and Heaven and Hell.

Mongoose87
05-12-2009, 03:00 AM
The Miles Davis Quintet

bombsquadjunky
05-12-2009, 03:00 AM
Misery Signals

Helit
05-12-2009, 03:04 AM
In flames. I think they are one of the best livebands in the world.

goonerbynature
05-12-2009, 03:05 AM
BTBAM anyone?

+1

I'm not a big fan, but I've seen some live videos, and they seem to complement each other very nicely. Love the drummer.

thelonelywaffle
05-12-2009, 03:06 AM
BTBAM definitely.
Protest The Hero is pretty great too.

webbtje
05-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Gojira. Flawless.

DontTrustPandas
05-12-2009, 03:11 AM
MUSE! they are tight as hell live, really good showmanship
No two gigs are ever the same:D

Seven247
05-12-2009, 03:14 AM
Id like to put a vote in for Coheed and Cambria. Seen them twice now and bought both their live DVDs all flawless playing.

bombsquadjunky
05-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Id like to put a vote in for Coheed and Cambria. Seen them twice now and bought both their live DVDs all flawless playing.

+1

goonerbynature
05-12-2009, 03:23 AM
Flame me if you will, but I feel that DragonForce (on their day, mind you) can put together a really tight show, and have done it in the past. And it's easy to forget that at the speed they play(even if it is cheesy power metal), it's incredibly tough to have 5 instrumentalists playing together like they do.

I also feel they have a very underrated keyboardist.

* Flame Shield Up *

Daneeka
05-12-2009, 03:27 AM
Muse.

goonerbynature
05-12-2009, 03:56 AM
In flames. I think they are one of the best livebands in the world.

+2 or 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r57QVprao-k

hippotato7
05-12-2009, 03:58 AM
Muse, and John and Flea and Chad are freaking "tight" live as well

goonerbynature
05-12-2009, 04:02 AM
Muse, and John and Flea and Chad are freaking "tight" live as well

Yeah, I must admit Flea does a great job of holding them together.

Tomo009
05-12-2009, 04:05 AM

lol

Kreator's playing sounds as perfect live as on the albums, the only mistake I've seen them make is Mille forgetting which verse he's at on Voices of the Dead from the Wacken show. Apart from that they seem to be sheer perfection live.

goonerbynature
05-12-2009, 04:09 AM

Pedo!! :p:

Ninjamonkey767
05-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Without a doubt, the jonas brothers. They sounds exactly like the album version every time.

Martindecorum
05-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Without a doubt, the jonas brothers. They sounds exactly like the album version every time.

i was watching this awesome drum solo on youtube, on the right panel it had Jonas brother drum solo, so i was like meh i wanna see what he could do

the opening line
"Get ready everyone for the best drum solo by the WORLDS BESTTT DRUMMMEERRRRRR!!!"

then he just goes into a 2 - 4 groove for the hole thing

whilst all the crowd is cheering

DEATH i say DEATH TO THE INFIDELS lol

ShestShestShest
05-12-2009, 01:45 PM
lol

Kreator's playing sounds as perfect live as on the albums, the only mistake I've seen them make is Mille forgetting which verse he's at on Voices of the Dead from the Wacken show. Apart from that they seem to be sheer perfection live.

the most amazing thing though is that decades after they started out they sound just as good live as ever. their voices or instrumental abilities did not deteriorate with time.
unlike people like Hetfield. started out with a bang, now he sounds like he aught to be singing for disney. =/

aig91
05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
The Derek Trucks Band is an incredible band if you see them live. The jams they get into on stage are amazing.

goonerbynature
05-13-2009, 12:53 AM
the most amazing thing though is that decades after they started out they sound just as good live as ever. their voices or instrumental abilities did not deteriorate with time.
unlike people like Hetfield. started out with a bang, now he sounds like he aught to be singing for disney. =/

Come on, he's not THAT bad(yet)!
Although it's pretty comical when he's drunk and forgets the lyrics.

But no mention of Megadeth, people?
They're pretty good together, considering their line-up for every major live performance is usually different.

acidhendrix
05-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Metallica only because when they play master of puppets the whole flippn crowd is like MASTER! MASTER! at that oart and its awesome

IcePh0enix
05-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Misery Signals
+1

Also, Mindless Self Indulgence put on an awesome show, even if you're not a huge fan.

ShestShestShest
05-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Come on, he's not THAT bad(yet)!
Although it's pretty comical when he's drunk and forgets the lyrics.

But no mention of Megadeth, people?
They're pretty good together, considering their line-up for every major live performance is usually different.

i thuoght he wasn't aloud to drink.

and yeah megadeth is pretty awesome. especially broderick. i met him and he's really nice and he really interacts with the crowd on stage. he makes everyone feel like he's playing them a private show. but megadeth is mustaine. and he doesn't really please the crowd much in terms of stage presence/interaction.
but his playing/singing is still as mega as ever!

goonerbynature
05-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Yeah, Dave Mustaine is a bit more.....ahem.....dignified.....than Hetfield, but he does come up with some witty wisecracks for the crowd.

But more importantly he holds them together, his rhythm lines are really good, and then the band builds upon them really well. Also, has anyone seen the Mustaine/Pitrelli improvised extended She Wolf live in Seoul 2001? It's awesome, it's an excellent example of they complement each other live. A bass solo too would have been nice though.

A Rolling Stone
05-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Grateful Dead. No Question.
And The Black Crowes, Allman Bros. Band, Derek Trucks Band, The Band and other groups with "band" in their name. :p:

Friday Night
05-16-2009, 04:52 PM
i think Hinder is the most UN-tightest band ever on stage... it seemed like they didnt really know whay they were doing