21st century breakdown

PDA

View Full Version : 21st century breakdown

acidhendrix
05-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey guys, as you know Green Day has been working on a new album for quite some time but now it will be here in two days on May 15th(I think). I dont know about you guys but im kinda stoked because Green Day was the band that got me into Rock. Personally i think this album will be pretty good considering "Know Your Enemy" which sounded pretty good to me. So what do you guys think? Will it be good? Or will Green Day do exactly what the title is and "breakdown?"

Shpongled
05-13-2009, 04:38 PM
I already listened to it, it sounds pretty much exactly like American Idiot. You could probably switch tracks between the two albums and the stories would still make sense. None of the tracks really stand out either.

Also here's a legal leak of it http://www.mtv.com/music/the_leak/green_day/21st_century_breakdown/

stephen_rettie
05-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey guys, as you know Green Day has been working on a new album for quite some time but now it will be here in two days on May 15th(I think). I dont know about you guys but im kinda stoked because Green Day was the band that got me into Rock. Personally i think this album will be pretty good considering "Know Your Enemy" which sounded pretty good to me. So what do you guys think? Will it be good? Or will Green Day do exactly what the title is and "breakdown?"

eugh, if you were a journalist you would have just been fired.

anyway! ive heard a bit of it at a friends (no doubt obtained lawfully) and wasnt massively impressed, seems like they're pushing the same formula that worked for American Idiot. I'm sure fans will like it but its not selling me on them.

Oosh.
05-13-2009, 04:39 PM
I've heard some radio recordings on youtube. The one i heard was very repetative but for the first few seconds it was alright. Im not expecting much from this album.

MCRpunk999
05-13-2009, 04:39 PM
it'll be good, Green Day's guitar parts have gotten a little more complex in some of their new stuff, not just 3 minutes of redundant power chords, they have some different sounds in this album and i am looking forward to it.

Rokkec
05-13-2009, 04:42 PM
eugh, if you were a journalist you would have just been fired.

anyway! ive heard a bit of it at a friends (no doubt obtained lawfully) and wasnt massively impressed, seems like they're pushing the same formula that worked for American Idiot. I'm sure fans will like it but its not selling me on them.

Haha..Indeed..reminded me of UG news titles..=D

Shpongled
05-13-2009, 04:43 PM
it'll be good, Green Day's guitar parts have gotten a little more complex in some of their new stuff, not just 3 minutes of redundant power chords, they have some different sounds in this album and i am looking forward to it.
I hate to tell ya, but it really doesn't sound any more complex than American Idiot. I'm not much of a Green Day fan anymore, but I loved them in high school and this sounds exactly like what they were doing back then almost 5 years ago.

cornmancer
05-13-2009, 04:59 PM
It will be a Green Day album, not great but not bad just a decent record, some good songs some bad songs.

weezergeek182
05-13-2009, 10:46 PM
I like most of their other stuff. should be pretty good. but it seems to me they are repaving an old path.

GreekRockr9
05-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I've heard it and I personally like it a lot. Yeah, people are gonna complain about how it's not like their older stuff, but they've taken a turn in a direction that I happen to like. The new album is in the same vein as American Idiot, but in my opinion, they did a MUCH better job with it than AI

bradulator
05-15-2009, 01:16 AM
I listened to one of the songs and I thought it was okay. I probably wouldn't mind listening to it again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it.

weezergeek182
05-15-2009, 01:18 PM
going to buy it today.

nick_kcin
05-16-2009, 09:15 AM
that know your enemy song is TERRIBLE! also I can't help but point out that it's already a much better song by a much cooler band. I don't think they'll ever top american idoit but then I'm not a big fan anyway I didn't even really like that album

neidnarb11890
05-16-2009, 11:49 AM
that know your enemy song is TERRIBLE! also I can't help but point out that it's already a much better song by a much cooler band. I don't think they'll ever top american idoit but then I'm not a big fan anyway I didn't even really like that album
Why can nobody ever refer to that song without pointing mentioning that? Even the guy on the radio had to point that out after they played it.
Yes, we all know Rage Against The Machine have a song called "Know Your Enemy."
Jesus ****ing Christ, like two bands have never had completely different songs with the same title before, right? :rolleyes:
(That being said, it IS terrible.)

Anyway, I'm not expecting much from this album. I'll probably wait a couple months and pick it up in a used CDs bin for cheap, just so I can complete my Green Day discography.

thejoeman
05-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Honestly I thought "The Enemy" is generic. I am a fan of Green Day but they kind of decline in musical innovation, but then again I am basing this on one song.

bradulator
05-17-2009, 12:59 AM
After another listen, it is pretty typical and generic, but it's alright. I don't care what anybody says, I respect Green Day and enjoy their music.

toast565
05-17-2009, 04:46 AM
I was very disappointed. I quite liked 21 Guns, but that was the only song I could still remember after listening to the album twice through. That and Know Your Enemy.

Also, did anyone else notice that the little solo/bridge in Before the Lobotomy is directly transferred from their cover of the Simpsons Theme?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOhUtrDmB34

StratJunior
05-30-2009, 08:41 PM
It Is Awesome.
"

Buy It

"

talia.
05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
I have listened to 21BD, and it is decent, i can't really get into it much. maybe it could be because i dont physically have the cd.

what really makes me mad is that i am a hard core green day fan, but i HATE it when bands dress alike.