Mott The Hoople

PDA

View Full Version : Mott The Hoople

guitarsXdrums
05-14-2009, 05:03 PM
most people will of heard of the song "All The Young Dudes" which Bowie wrote and they asked to use over the one he orginally wrote for him

but does anyone here actually know of the band that Queen (their supporting act for a large part of their careers) stated as "the best band ever"

songs like Rock and Roll Queen should not be forgotten who here agrees with me? :cool:

szekelymihai
05-14-2009, 05:13 PM
oups im one of the ones that only heard that song. true :D

Les Paul Ell
05-14-2009, 05:13 PM
...all the young duuuudes

jimRH7
05-14-2009, 05:16 PM
I've seen Ian Hunter in concert, I was right up at the front, so was his keyboard for playing the paino to "all the way from memphis". has to be one of the most rocknroll things I've ever experienced.

firetothemax
05-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Mott are surprisingly underrated, although 40-something blokes who were 'there' always seem to be rather passionate about them.

guitarsXdrums
05-14-2009, 06:09 PM
yeah my dad is a major fan got me into them and bad compang (Mick Ralph awesome) and i believe they're are extremely under-rated and should be up there with the greats they are pure rock and roll all the way

therussian
05-14-2009, 11:51 PM
I have their first album, which is some pretty good hard rock. I haven't listened to their glam rock, since I can't stand it.

eberg2
05-14-2009, 11:58 PM
yeah my dad is a major fan got me into them and bad compang (Mick Ralph awesome) and i believe they're are extremely under-rated and should be up there with the greats they are pure rock and roll all the way

my dad and i were listening to my bad company lp then he said i should listen to mott the hoople, so, next trip to attic records, bam, mott the hoople

anyways, glam rock wise, i still like t rex better, but hoople rocks a little harder

guitarsXdrums
05-15-2009, 06:51 PM
my dad has the LPS "Mott" and "The Hoople" i think thats the right way round but yeah i have to say i perfer bad company a lil bit more but both still amazing bands