Am I correct?

PDA

View Full Version : Am I correct?

poprockisdead
05-15-2009, 01:08 PM
In assessing the Jonas Brothers as a classical rock band? They've been around for a good while now and aren't they in the Classical Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio? I saw about it on the Disney Channel.

Barkeeper
05-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Lol is this a joke?

shaggydogJV
05-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Hurry! Cast lvl 15 flame sheild!

MrBrownstoneFan
05-15-2009, 01:13 PM
i hope you are trolling... if not... man what the world has become ? :(

wildwildwes594
05-15-2009, 01:14 PM
They damn well should be! Their songwriting ability is astounding!

Littleangus44
05-15-2009, 01:14 PM
God I hope they are not "classic rock"

I can just imagine 10 years from now...

"VH1 top 5 classic rock bands of all time!

5.AC/DC
4.Free
3.Pink Floyd
2.Led Zeppelin
1.The Jonas Brothers"

I would probably kill myself

webbtje
05-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Man, the trolls are particularly lacking in skill at the moment.

*reported*

valdean
05-15-2009, 01:17 PM
God I hope they are not "classic rock"

I can just imagine 10 years from now...

"VH1 top 5 classic rock bands of all time!

5.AC/DC
4.Free
3.Pink Floyd
2.Led Zeppelin
1.The Jonas Brothers"

I would probably kill myself

They will die out soon anyway.

*reportUd*

poprockisdead
05-15-2009, 01:18 PM
A 'troll'?
I am not a 'troll'.
I am just a big Jonas Brothers fan.

Opeth Go RORORO
Well i can see this guys point. Usually i listen to country but i have heard the jonas brothers and they sound kind of similar to older classic rock bands if you listen carefully except of coarse their vocals since their voices have not changed yet. I think their rather good but maybe they should be around a few more years before we can technically call them "classic rock"

darkwolf291
:facepalm: no...for one...to get into the rock and roll hall of fame, it has to been 25 years since your first cd came out..second, the Jonas Brothers are a newer band..they've only been around for a couple years...third...*Reported*

Metal101
05-15-2009, 01:21 PM
A 'troll'?
I am not a 'troll'.

You're kidding me?

GTFO out this forum. The Jonas brothers are the antonym of "talent".

Andragon
05-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Haha <--- fake laughter.... no.

poprockisdead
05-15-2009, 01:22 PM
You're kidding me?

GTFO out this forum. The Jonas brothers are the antonym of "talent".

What is 'antonym'?

Jimbleton
05-15-2009, 01:24 PM
is this guy joking, or am i gonna have to rethink my whole outlook on music as i know it, cos if jonas bros are classic rock i have sadly mistaken myself, i guess i should change blink 182 to black metal, and britney spears to nu-metal

Metal101
What is 'antonym'?

lol

Tojo62
Wait, its not April Fool's yet is it?

stephen_rettie
Nope Jonas Brothers are pop. Glad I could help.

/thread, no one feed the troll

MrBrownstoneFan
A 'troll'?
I am not a 'troll'.

:( ...

Tojo62
05-15-2009, 01:25 PM
antonym=opposite

poprockisdead
05-15-2009, 01:27 PM
antonym=opposite

Oooh okay, thank you. I am glad somebody is a nice helper.

And did anybody see the new iCarly music video? She's a pretty singer. I would not classify her as classical rock music though ha ha ha ha.

jonasbrosfan69
05-15-2009, 01:29 PM
um i think metal101 is a fukken retard he obvi doesnt know how good of aband the jonas brothers are

****in retards on this site lol

hes just jealous that the jonas brothers are bigger and better than any of the stupid unpopular metal badns that they listen to XDD

MrBrownstoneFan
05-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Oooh okay, thank you. I am glad somebody is a nice helper.

And did anybody see the new iCarly music video? She's a pretty singer. I would not classify her as classical rock music though ha ha ha ha.

seriously... raise a flame shield...
you are not doing any better

notsominidude
05-15-2009, 01:31 PM
NO NEVER CALL THE JONAS BROTHERS CLASSIC ROCK or even really music
im sorry but come on why on earth would u listen to them there just disney people who are only famous cause like most teenage girls think there hot

stephen_rettie
05-15-2009, 01:32 PM
NO NEVER CALL THE JONAS BROTHERS CLASSIC ROCK or even really music
im sorry but come on why on earth would u listen to them there just disney people who are only famous cause like most teenage girls think there hot

cheers for clearing that up for everybody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETO3-MxMe2Q

wildwildwes594
05-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't think you have grasped the concept of "classic rock", assuming your not a troll. But your name is poprockisdead so you must be, surely. Praising the Jonas Brothers will only create animosity, especially here.

poprockisdead
05-15-2009, 01:34 PM
I do not understand that video on www.youtube.com.
What is a 'toll'?

Tojo62
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM
ok, for one, the jonas brothers are in no way classic rock. The Who, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Rush, AC/DC are some examples of classic rock. THAT SIR IS THE MIRACLE THAT IS CLASSIC ROCK

MrBrownstoneFan
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM
um i think metal101 is a fukken retard he obvi doesnt know how good of aband the jonas brothers are

****in retards on this site lol

hes just jealous that the jonas brothers are bigger and better than any of the stupid unpopular metal badns that they listen to XDD

wow... multi account anybody?

SeeEmilyPlay
05-15-2009, 01:43 PM
This is ridiculous. Are you serious?

poprockisdead
05-15-2009, 01:45 PM
ok, for one, the jonas brothers are in no way classic rock. The Who, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Rush, AC/DC are some examples of classic rock. THAT SIR IS THE MIRACLE THAT IS CLASSIC ROCK

Oh! I've heard of ACDC, my pappap listens to them.

Opeth Go RORORO
05-15-2009, 01:51 PM
hey poprockisdead my grandfather doesnt listen to acdc (he thinks it is the devils music)but my mom does and i can say that they are a pretty decent rock&roll band even though i am usually not into older music. back on topic, i watched a jonas brothers guitar lesson just now and he said that one of the chords he was using was an "A" chord and i know that ac/dc uses "A" chords in their music pretty regularly. maybe TS was referring more to their musical influences that their exact genre when he posted this becuase i can see a few similarities as well

stephen_rettie
05-15-2009, 01:55 PM
There are so many trolls i this thread its incredible someone close it so we can catch them all.

Tojo62
05-15-2009, 01:57 PM
back on topic, i watched a jonas brothers guitar lesson just now and he said that one of the chords he was using was an "A" chord and i know that ac/dc uses "A" chords in their music pretty regularly. maybe TS was referring more to their musical influences that their exact genre when he posted this becuase i can see a few similarities as well
:facepalm: ugghh. If u know anything about guitars, you would probably know that the A chord is one of the most common chords used, There isnt one band that has not used the A chord

poprockisdead
05-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Apparently, nobody feels the way I do about the Jonas Brothers with the exception of jonasbrosfan69, which is a very legit name.
For those who have heart, check them out or be homesick.

poprockisdead
05-15-2009, 02:00 PM
hey poprockisdead my grandfather doesnt listen to acdc (he thinks it is the devils music)but my mom does and i can say that they are a pretty decent rock&roll band even though i am usually not into older music. back on topic, i watched a jonas brothers guitar lesson just now and he said that one of the chords he was using was an "A" chord and i know that ac/dc uses "A" chords in their music pretty regularly. maybe TS was referring more to their musical influences that their exact genre when he posted this becuase i can see a few similarities as well

What is an 'A Chord'.
And what is a 'TS'.

MrBrownstoneFan
05-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Apparently, nobody feels the way I do about the Jonas Brothers with the exception of jonasbrosfan69, which is a very legit name.
For those who have heart, check them out or be homesick.

Uhmm... at first i thought they were a legit rock band... until i heard one of their songs I think it was called ¨when you look me¨ or something like that.

Tojo62
05-15-2009, 02:05 PM
u do know the Jonas brothers were voted "Worst Album" and "Worst Band" at the NME Awards, right?

poprockisdead
05-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Classical rock bands do not always get good reputations.
That further proves my questioning.

Tojo62
05-15-2009, 02:16 PM
they're not classic rock tho..........

Opeth Go RORORO
05-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Godlike Genius: The Cure
Best British Band: Oasis supported by Shockwaves
Best International Band: The Killers supported by 4music
Best Solo Artist: Pete Doherty
Best New Band: MGMT supported by Bench
Best Live Band: Muse supported by Red Stripe
Best Album: Kings Of Leon ‘Only By The Night’ supported by HMV
Outstanding Contribution To British Music: Elbow
Best Track: MGMT ‘Time To Pretend’ supported by NME Radio
Best Video: Last Shadow Puppets ‘My Mistakes Were Made For You’ supported by NME TV
Best Live Event: Glastonbury 2008
Best TV: ‘The Mighty Boosh’
Phillip Hall Radar Award: The Big Pink
Best Dancefloor Filler: Dizzee Rascal featuring Calvin Harris and Chrome – 'Dance Wiv Me'
Best DVD: Arctic Monkeys – 'Live At The Apollo'
Best Band Blog: Oasis' Noel Gallagher
Best Venue: London Astoria
Best Album Artwork Muse 'HAARP'
Hero Of The Year: Barack Obama
Villain Of The Year: George W Bush
Best Dressed: Alexa Chung
Worst Dressed: Amy Winehouse
Worst Album: The Jonas Brothers – 'A Little Bit Longer'
Worst Band: the Jonas Brothers
Sexiest Male: Muse's Matt Bellamy
Sexiest Female: Paramore's Hayley Williams
Best Website: YouTube

well there is the full list of NME award winners and i think i can go ahead and say that it is probably the least legitimate thing that i have ever seen. best dressed? sexiest male?nice i can tell these people really know what matters in music today. that combined with the fact that most of these bands are utter garbage. here you are defending classic rock but then you use this list of classic rock wannabees as a reference from which to bag on the jonas brothers? on top of that, haley williams is a dog, am i right? i wouldnt touch that with a 10 foot pole. o and calling Bush a villian? thats originality at its finest. way to fail NME which probably stands for the Not Musically Educated Awards. Leave the jonas bros alone.

MrBrownstoneFan
05-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Classical rock bands do not always get good reputations.
That further proves my questioning.

Of course... But the Jonas Brothers arent a classical rock band. They are a pop band or power pop dunno...
Edit: ^^^ yeah that list is BS but still

poprockisdead
Hayley Williams is my girlfriend ( :

Opeth Go RORORO
o by the way i wasnt trying to come across as angry and i didnt mean to offend anyone with that last post please dont report me

poprockisdead
05-15-2009, 02:19 PM
And thank you for defending me RORORO.
Ha ha ha ha.

Tojo62
05-15-2009, 02:23 PM
wait, so ur telling me that The Who are wannabees?
The list is horrible, but still, just stating the facts

poprockisdead
05-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Back On Topic Please.

Opeth Go RORORO
05-15-2009, 02:29 PM
wait, so ur telling me that The Who are wannabees?
The list is horrible, but still, just stating the facts

i was refering the the NMA list, not your list of emitomal classic rock bands...

Tojo62
05-15-2009, 02:31 PM
ok, and no i was not defending any band on the list, just classic rock in general. but hey we all have our opinions. Jonas Brothers is in fact though Pop Music

poprockisdead
05-15-2009, 02:34 PM
ok, and no i was not defending any band on the list, just classic rock in general. but hey we all have our opinions. Jonas Brothers is in fact though Pop Music
Ugh, your opinion devastates me. I think I'm going to go listen to Selena Gomez, she's pretty ( :
But my mom says i can't date until I'm 15...

BrainDamage
05-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Time to triple my warning/ban count.

***CLOSED***

:)