Killswitch Engage

PDA

View Full Version : Killswitch Engage

neverspoiled
05-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Hey. I am trying to find a band or two for my friend. Does anyone know any Christian bands that sound like Killswitch?
thanks
-z

kingofdudes161
05-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Christian bands have their own sound. I call it the "slaughtering of muslims" sound.

stephen_rettie
05-15-2009, 07:16 PM
why does it matter what faith they are?
underoath are christian if you base your musical faith on theology and not the music.

neverspoiled
05-15-2009, 07:19 PM
why does it matter what faith they are?
underoath are christian if you base your musical faith on theology and not the music.

well..ill be flamed, ...but..bc i want to get them to realize there are just as many good Christian bands as other bands...

and they lke Killswtich...therefore..

brettsoll
05-15-2009, 07:21 PM
As I Lay Dying - little more hardcore, more fast paced. but they are a christian metal core band

All That Remains - Yet again a little harder and more fast paced. Their drummer uses A LOT of double bass and their guitarist Oli Hebert is AMAZING. not sure if they are christian though (dont think they are)

Underoath - probably one of the more famous christian metal core bands. considered metal core but are kinda different from killswitch, you might not like them (i dont)

August Burns Red

The Devil Wears Prada

My Children My Bride

cowboy_bill
Christian bands have their own sound. I call it the "slaughtering of muslims" sound.

That's way too far. Not appreciated at all, by anyone of any faith.

To the underoath suggestion +1

stephen_rettie
well..ill be flamed, ...but..bc i want to get them to realize there are just as many good Christian bands as other bands...

and they lke Killswtich...therefore..

Slayer have christian members, a lot of metalers are christian but they just dont sing about it, you'll find most people who arent religious dont want to listen to ppl singing about jesus.

in short, no your wrong.

Mdv55
05-16-2009, 06:59 PM
The Devil Wears Prada
As I Lay Dying
Underoath
Haste the Day
Avenged Sevenfold is awesome but not this genre.