Good Music...

PDA

View Full Version : Good Music...

Cole419
05-18-2009, 08:55 PM
What the hell happened? There are all these un artistic bands ranging from the Jonas Brothers, 3 Doors Down to all these horrid "metal" bands... Most music these days just doesn't have any creativity or art behind it... There are hardly any good bands formed in the last decade...

guitar_rules311
05-18-2009, 09:10 PM
There are still tons of great bands. You just have to look for them.

Gris-Gris-Man
05-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Medeski Martin and Wood are a good band that is still around......i might be seeing them soon

brownsfan456
05-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Dude im so glad you agree. Honestly IMO Nirvana was the last GREAT band. THere are good bands since but last great band. If you want to place a blame place it on KISS. THey showed that theatrics and marketing and missing more notes than you hit can make you famous.

eaton1012
05-19-2009, 09:55 PM
I don't listen to the radio any more. Too much pop music.

ohhey9040
05-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Dude im so glad you agree. Honestly IMO Nirvana was the last GREAT band. THere are good bands since but last great band. If you want to place a blame place it on KISS. THey showed that theatrics and marketing and missing more notes than you hit can make you famous.
I hate to get into a rant, but that's a bull**** statement if there ever was one. I like Nirvana and I don't like KISS, but to generalize like that would be false. KISS is just one of the many bands ever since the inception of the music business (and this is even before rock and roll was started) to model their style after a then-current trend in order to make themselves money. It's always happened and it always will happen.
I disagree with you that Nirvana was the last great band. There have been plenty of great bands, among then Pavement, Wilco, Animal Collective, My Morning Jacket, Medeski, Martin, and Wood, James Blackshaw, Sigur Ros, Radiohead, and many, many others. The trick is finding them.

Heir Apparent
05-20-2009, 12:26 AM
There are many good bands to be found nowadays. Mainstream music is mostly **** nowadays and has lost its soul thanks to MTV.

Doppelgänger
05-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Protip: Stop listening to 99.3 The Fox