Blur anyone????

PDA

View Full Version : Blur anyone????

B M T H
05-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Okay so I was doing some digging around about a year back and I found out about this early 90s-03 britpop/indie band called....Blur....whose lead singer(Damon Albarn) eventually went on to form two seperate bands known as The Good the Bad and the Queen and the infamous Gorillaz...I was just wondering if anyone else thought that Blur should have remained together instead of splitting like they did....anyways oh and I want to know what your favorite Blur album is also!!!

I ripped out my eyes for a chance to see her face......

*Laughing at me*

Libertine..
05-21-2009, 09:42 AM
You should check out Coxon's solo stuff and Gorilllaz as well, they're a quality band. I can't chose a fav. album yet, I'll get back to you :)

Cole419
05-21-2009, 09:42 AM
The Goriilaz is a more creative project in my opinion... I never really like Britpop... Blur didn't have any benchmark albums... That's just me though...

ninjagayden777
05-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Self titled is the only one I've heard anything off of. Gorillaz are way better IMO.

B M T H
05-21-2009, 09:44 AM
You should check out Coxon's solo stuff and Gorilllaz as well, they're a quality band. I can't chose a fav. album yet, I'll get back to you :)

I never knew coxon went solo thats awesome!

What does he call his band thing is it jsut graham coxon??? lol

merfsullivan
05-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Isn't there a news story on the front page about them touring?

Hereiwas
05-21-2009, 09:49 AM
They never really broke up, just went on hiatus. And they are getting back together now.

Fraz01
05-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Blur are one of my favourite bands, their self titled is their best in my opinion. After The Great Escape they really altered their sound, away from the catchy pop towards a more 'serious' sound.
Think tank only has Graham on the last song, it's a very different album, sounds quite eastern-influenced in places. It often gets knocked, but I really like it.

Graham's solo stuff is nothing like Blur. Happiness In Magazines is a good album, you'll probably recognise Freaking Out. I got his latest album, The Spinning Top, and frankly I'm hoping it's a grower, becasue I'm not liking much of it at the moment.

I'm going to see them in July at Hyde Park - can't wait! I gave up hope of them reuniting a while ago, such a surprise when I heard about the shows :D

B M T H
05-21-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm going to see them in July at Hyde Park - can't wait! I gave up hope of them reuniting a while ago, such a surprise when I heard about the shows :D

I envy you lol I wanna see them so bad but being in america its kinda hard haha

SeeEmilyPlay
05-21-2009, 09:58 AM
god haven't heard anyone talk about blur in quite some time.

Libertine..
05-21-2009, 12:14 PM
I never knew coxon went solo thats awesome!

What does he call his band thing is it jsut graham coxon??? lol

Hah, yeah it's just solo so it's the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Coxon