Rush albums from the late 80s-90s

PDA

View Full Version : Rush albums from the late 80s-90s

Lrn2play
05-31-2009, 12:47 PM
After completing my collection of their albums from the 1970s, I wasn't planning on listening to their other stuff because im not a big synthesizer fan. But I was reading up on them and noticed theres about 3 eras of their music from 1982 ( I already have Moving Pictures) to 2002, and I was hoping if anyone could steer my into the direction of their best/most diverse works. Im thinking Hold Your Fire, Test for Echo, and Vapor Trails.

Dream Floyd
05-31-2009, 12:54 PM
I LOVE THEM ALL!!! I don't know it depends...

nedthehead
05-31-2009, 12:56 PM
I LOVE Roll The Bones. To me, it is one of their best, and most progressive works to date. Seriously, you might have to give it a chance, but the songs become so catchy and implanted in your mind after a while.
I think that whole album is good. The title track, Face Up, and You Bet Your Life would be my top 3 from the album, but it's subjective...
ALSO! Dreamline! Love that tune!

dwmacfar2
05-31-2009, 10:54 PM
I LOVE Roll The Bones. To me, it is one of their best, and most progressive works to date. Seriously, you might have to give it a chance, but the songs become so catchy and implanted in your mind after a while.
I think that whole album is good. The title track, Face Up, and You Bet Your Life would be my top 3 from the album, but it's subjective...
ALSO! Dreamline! Love that tune!
It is not subjective, you are very much right, roll the bones is an amazing album. I had heard the album but never got to buy it. Found it for 5 bucks the other day, been listening non-stop since. It's an incredible album and one of Rush's best. Sure it may not be 2112 (my favorite Rush album :) ) but it certainly is great.