The Official Cult Thread

PDA

View Full Version : The Official Cult Thread

LordBaxtus
06-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I looked a ways back, and couldn't see a thread on the cult. Personally, I think this is a crime. A band that manage to meld punk and metal influences to create a sound that was dark, powerful, and completely revolutionary. Ian Astbury's eccentric lyrics were complemented perfectly by Billy Duffy's heated guitar playing.

This is a band I never hear getting playing time on most classic rock stations, and I think it's a crime. I think they're at least as good as some of their contemporaries like AC/DC and Guns N Roses. What do you guys think? A good band or not?

actaderock
06-01-2009, 09:07 PM
i dont think they are that good, i kinda like fear the reaper, cities in flame for rock n roll is a master piece.

What else can i tell you, as in my life, they arent influential or idolized, just some guys that are OK to hear

EDIT: damn im so dumb, for some reason i thought this was a blue oyster cult thread

LordBaxtus
06-01-2009, 09:09 PM
i dont think they are that good, i kinda like fear the reaper, cities in flame for rock n roll is a master piece.

What else can i tell you, as in my life, they arent influential or idolized, just some guys that are OK to hear

EDIT: damn im so dumb, for some reason i thought this was a blue oyster cult thread

Have you listened to the actual Cult?

actaderock
06-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Have you listened to the actual Cult?
no, i have not even heard from them

LordBaxtus
06-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV8o1VmRftM

actaderock
06-02-2009, 06:28 PM
that is awsome

LordBaxtus
06-03-2009, 08:02 PM
If you like that, I'd suggest getting the album Sonic Temple if you're into a more bluesy sound, or Electric, if you prefer a more straight-up hard rock sound. Both are excellent, though Love is another good album with some more punk influence.