Supertramp

PDA

View Full Version : Supertramp

Marcos Zarevich
06-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I was talking the other day to a friend and I told her Supertramp was one of my favourite bands ever. She looked at me as if she thought I was crazy. Then she said she thought Supertramp were at least a bit gaudy, but she really meant they were crap. Does anybody here feel the same?
ok, I know they are bland and poppy but yet I love them and I think Roger Hodgson lyrics are some of the best I ever heard, full of meaning to me!
any other fans? c'mon, they are not ABBA, they were great in the seventies!

LordBaxtus
06-03-2009, 12:46 PM
They're a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I understand what she says when she calls them gaudy, but they're totally fun pop-rock songs nonetheless.

Marcos Zarevich
06-04-2009, 11:15 AM
mmm I don't feel guilty, I love them! And they are awesome arrangers! has anyone heard Fool's overture?

Rocker_94
06-04-2009, 05:02 PM
I don't mind them. They're a little more of that classic 70s, outdated style that you should be ashamed to say you listen to these days, but some of their songs are just great. I seem to have to be in the mood to listen to them, but Supertramp can be very good.

westozrocker
06-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Supertramp had some memorable songs. Crafting those irresistably catchy pop songs back in the 70's I often hold them in similar esteem to the great ELO.

LordBaxtus
06-08-2009, 12:04 PM
ELO's absolutely amazing. Do we have a thread for them? We should.