New fav band. Heard of 'em?

PDA

View Full Version : New fav band. Heard of 'em?

asr_larocca
06-03-2009, 09:28 AM
The bands called Verdena. They are from Italy, and their music is described as psychedelic, stoner, indie rock. The more I listen to them the more I become amazed. They record White Stripes style and use only analog equipment. They're trying to break into the international market by bringing out an english album. To date they have 4 records, countless EP's and a massive demo tape. 3 piece band, bassist (female), a drummer and guitar/vocalist. Alberto the frontman has an amazing voice with a massive range from falsettos through to metal screams (or whatever you call it).

So anyone know them? If you want to have a listen the songs I highly suggest are:

Valvonauta
Luna
Balanite
Phantastica
Nel Mio Letto

On the EP's theyve done a few english covers as well from The Marvins and Cream. The cover of Sunshine of Your Love is amazing.

Exuse my blabbing but I really felt the need to share. For those who take the time, let me know what you think. I'm seriously obsessed. It has nothing to do with the fact that they play through Orange amps like me. I promise.... :p:

BlueFirus
06-03-2009, 09:38 AM
They are really cool

batiboy06
06-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Actually haven't heard of them. I'd like to give an ear, though :)

Are those songs - those you recommended - in english?

Jacoiskoby
06-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Bill Gates named a font after them.

Xhale1
06-03-2009, 09:47 AM
wow they're amazing...iv only heard 2 min of one of their songs! thnx!!!

asr_larocca
06-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Awesome! I'm really happy you guys like em. Dont get turned off that the songs are in Italian, just give em a try. As an Italian myself I really happy these guys are getting big, weve had a bad music scene in italy lately. What songs are you guys liking in particular?

LordBaxtus
06-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Always looking to find new stoner bands. I'll have to check these guys out.

pbiggie
06-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Always looking to find new stoner bands. I'll have to check these guys out.
me too. Currently all I listen too is kyuss and fu manchu.

LordBaxtus
06-03-2009, 08:23 PM
me too. Currently all I listen too is kyuss and fu manchu.

Ever heard of Sleep?

Xhale1
07-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Is there any italian bands similar to Verdena??

nashawa
07-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Bill Gates named a font after them.
Swing and a miss, champ.

lookpizza
07-11-2011, 04:01 AM
Recording analog is now considered "White Stripes style". What is wrong with the world man?