joe cockers version of with a little help from my friends

PDA

View Full Version : joe cockers version of with a little help from my friends

dwightleach
06-09-2009, 06:18 AM
We've all heard it, and if you haven't then your a commie. What I wanna know is, how does the song make you feel. I mean, I can't get through the song without a smile or a chill going up my spine. And to be clear I'm talking about the video where there's two drummers and that guitarist has the blue top hat and beard and Cockers' wearing that superman shirt not the Woodstock one. Anyways, tell me what emotion you get from hearing that song. thanx for the input :peace:

guitarsftw
06-09-2009, 06:22 AM
i feel like he's singing it straight to me, ya know? he's so soulful and puts every ounce of energy into every note. it is one of my favorite songs.

A Rolling Stone
06-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Never was a big Joe Cocker fan. Actually, I flat-out dislikethe guy. His voice, his, in my opinion, terrible covers. Alot of people like him and I respect their opinion but anytime I hear him on the radio I turn the dial no matter what.

jimmyled
06-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Isn't it from Woodstock? I quite liked it. And why are you saying commie as if it's a bad thing?

esp1234
06-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I like that screaming his does towards the end of the song. I always get chills during that part

A Rolling Stone
06-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Isn't it from Woodstock?

Yes, it was performed at Woodstock. A few days later (literally less than a week after the end of the festival) it was released on Joe's first album named after the song. I think the album had a few Dylan covers on it which weren't too bad.

vintage x metal
06-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Very good, I love it. It's full of soul

Marcos Zarevich
06-11-2009, 06:21 AM
one of the best covers ever! by the way, Jimmy Page plays some guitar on that. The whole With a little help from my friends album is awesome, plenty of top England musicians from that era, like Page, Stevie Winwood, Chris Stainton, highly recommendable.

eberg2
06-11-2009, 02:34 PM
I really like Joe's voice, some of his songs I don't really like, but his voice is one of the most soulfull I've ever heard

master
06-11-2009, 05:33 PM
His version of "heard it through the grapevine" is killer too. God I love Joe Cocker.

Led Pepplin
06-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Absolutely great. The only good Beatles cover IMO, mainly because Joe completely changed the feel. He made it soulful. Still prefer The Beatles version though.

bladedguitar66
06-17-2009, 06:14 PM
There's a load of feeling in that song. I like it, especially the opening guitar part.