Tell me your favourite moment, of your favourite song.

PDA

View Full Version : Tell me your favourite moment, of your favourite song.

balltounge
06-12-2009, 10:50 AM
We all have our favourite songs, but what is your favourite moment of your favourite song? And why?

It could be a lyric, change in tempo/style, sample, ending, intro...anything you tend to turn the volume up just that little bit extra as it aproaches.

A few examples..

Isis - Wills Dissolve, track 4 of Panopticon.
A song with an intense build up, soothing and yet energetic at the same time. The Chug at around 5mins56 that leads into the final dive of the song is simple. Yet perfectly timed. I love it.

Isis - Wills Dissolve (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EjFjUW_xN8)

Another is..

Jimi Hendrix - All along the watchtower.
Fantastic song, so many good bits but i love the slide at 1min59, its hard not to smile at the smoothness of it. Leads into an awesome section of music too. Genius stuff.

Jimi Hendrix - All along the watchtower (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bng3agUOYiI)

So lets have it, any genre. Any music. Video or audio examples would be nice but not obligatory. Go on, Tell me your faves...

thorbor
06-12-2009, 10:58 AM
testament - practice what you preach, the ending of the solo, especially the live version live at the fillmore '95

soundgarden19
06-12-2009, 11:02 AM
My Bloody Valentine- I only Said
Soundgarden-Beyond the Wheel, Drawing Flies

balltounge
06-12-2009, 11:24 AM
My Bloody Valentine- I only Said
Soundgarden-Beyond the Wheel, Drawing Flies

Fewer posts like this would be apreciated.

Unless, you feel like telling me your favourite moments, not just song titles.

Care to expand on the subject of the thread?

Iron Disturbia
06-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Vicarious - Tool
Right where Maynard starts teh "la la la" part to the end. I think that part has the biggest impact on my view of the song. It is sung in a sadistical manner, at least in my view, which contributes heavily to the lyrical theme.

cornmancer
06-12-2009, 02:04 PM
I love all of Sympathy for the devil but those African drum beats in the beginning are irresistible.

balltounge
06-12-2009, 02:13 PM
I love all of Sympathy for the devil but those African drum beats in the beginning are irresistible.

Good one, i know exactly what you mean. Fantastic little beat that.

I like.

soundgarden19
06-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Fewer posts like this would be apreciated.

Unless, you feel like telling me your favourite moments, not just song titles.

Care to expand on the subject of the thread?
Sorry, I didn't read the whole thing :haha:
Really the Opening riff to I only said, and Chris Cornell's vocals on the soundgarden songs where he sings really high.

Lurcher
06-12-2009, 02:50 PM
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again, extended LP version where Daltry lets go a massive scream and the band break back into the main riff. Electric!!

neidnarb11890
06-13-2009, 05:58 PM
The build-up to the last chorus in "That's When I Reach For My Revolver" by Mission of Burma.

Venice King
06-13-2009, 06:23 PM
i like the percussion breakdown on Breaking The Girl - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Noah!!
06-13-2009, 11:20 PM
I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouche scaramouche will you do the fandago?

And i love the part of Over the Hills and Far Away where it gets more intense and the distortion guitar comes in at like 1:28

RHCP94
06-14-2009, 12:13 AM
The bridge in "Arms Against Atrophy" by Titus Andronicus that starts at 2:21. Just snotty, sprawling, amazing indie punk rock. The bridge actually makes it seem like the song is going to calm down, but then it just explodes again at the end.

http://www.titusandronicus.net/ Available for listening at the top of that page.

ojfinden
06-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Raining Blood - Slayer
Just when the last thunder is over and they start playing the intro. Awesome.

6StringedSavior
06-18-2009, 12:20 AM
i love the high screams in Judas Priest's Painkiller. such great vocals.

jonnowev
06-18-2009, 07:00 AM
God, I love so many songs, but one bit that springs to mind is the epic solo of Nocturnal by The Black Dahlia Murder. It has actual peaks and valleys of emotion. ****ing awesome.

6StringedSavior
06-18-2009, 02:51 PM
omg also i love Testament Over The Wall live from they greatest hits album.

right fter the guy goes "todays a good to die" and the music kicks in. so f-ing metal!

TMF128
06-18-2009, 02:52 PM
The part after the bass intro (I consider this the main riff) in Stickin' In My Eye.

-core
06-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Coheed and Cambria- In Keeping Secrects of a Silent Earth:3 The Live Neverender version
When the song quiets down and builds back up is just awesome

RandyRhoads22
06-19-2009, 12:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2gIpGH_QxE

The drum roll at 2:52 up until 3:00, and the part after the drum roll... so ****ing epic!