Dimensions of Ibanez RG prestige Hardshell case (team j.craft)

PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions of Ibanez RG prestige Hardshell case (team j.craft)

fannie
06-13-2009, 02:44 PM
hello guys,

my friend is finally coming from malaysia and he is bringing my RG-1570 prestige...quite a nice cheap deal i got on it from there! :)

anyway,

I need to know the dimensions (length x width x height) of the Hardshell case....

actually i want him to handcarry the guitar with its hardshell case into the aircraft's cabin (and not check it in the cargo hold). but i need to know the dimensions and weight of the case to see if the airline would allow it..

can somebody tell me these dimensions. he does not have the guitar yet so cant measure dimensions..

thanks!!

ibanezgod1973
06-13-2009, 03:49 PM
:haha: ask your friend to measure it then email you the dimensions :rolleyes:

LifeIsABullet16
06-13-2009, 04:52 PM
too big for an aircraft unless he's getting 2 seats, or he's letting the pilot play with it for the flight. i had an RGA121 and as great as the case was it was HUGE and heavy.

but i don't remember how big the case was, sorry. but it's a very solid case! might be fine in a cargo hold. although i think i'd take some of the money you saved on the guitar, and have it shipped to you.

fannie
06-14-2009, 04:20 AM
too big for an aircraft unless he's getting 2 seats, or he's letting the pilot play with it for the flight. i had an RGA121 and as great as the case was it was HUGE and heavy.

but i don't remember how big the case was, sorry. but it's a very solid case! might be fine in a cargo hold. although i think i'd take some of the money you saved on the guitar, and have it shipped to you.

does the case have a lock?because i wud not put it in cargo if it doesnt.

reason i am asking this is that because im getting a little more expensive deal here from my local guitar dealer...so just trying to see which option would be feasible...local more expensive OR from friend+extra shipping.

well one thing is clear...it wont come in the hand carry and wud have to go in cargo :|

ibanezgod1973
06-14-2009, 04:31 AM
the case has a loop on the middle snap latch for a small padlock(not supplied), as for waying up expenses it`s probably cheaper to buy from your local store than having your friend bring you 1, customs taxes may apply and that would by far outweigh any savings buying abroad

JELIFISH19
06-14-2009, 04:33 AM
does the case have a lock?because i wud not put it in cargo if it doesnt.

reason i am asking this is that because im getting a little more expensive deal here from my local guitar dealer...so just trying to see which option would be feasible...local more expensive OR from friend+extra shipping.

well one thing is clear...it wont come in the hand carry and wud have to go in cargo :|
It is big and heavy. But there is a hole on one of the latches so you can put a small lock of your choice on.

fannie
06-14-2009, 04:59 AM
alright thank u guys... i now have a fairly good idea of this case... my friend is checking from the airline for their rates...if it comes out to be more expensiv than the local dealer than i wont get from malaysia...