The Police

PDA

View Full Version : The Police

volcom_sk8_rock
06-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Great band couldnt seem to find a thread on them anywhere...

Whats everyones favourite albums?

Anybody manage to catch them on the 2007 reunion tour?

And no matter how many times I hear Roxanne it will remain one of my favourite songs of all time its just that good. Anyone disagree?

Poglia
06-14-2009, 08:19 AM
I don't like them so much, sorry. I like the Message In A Bottle riff though: it sounds good and it's a very good finger stretching exercise.

hendrixfanatic
06-14-2009, 08:29 AM
I saw them in 2007, and they were great! A very energetic performance, and Sting's voice was great. Me and my mom (yes, I went to a concert with my mom, as she happens to be a big Police fan) were a bit disappointed because they didn't play Roxanne, but apparantly Sting had a problem with his voice. We couldn't hear it, but it must have hurt a lot, because the concert of the next day was cancelled! So we were very pleased we had the chance to see them.

volcom_sk8_rock
06-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Ah yes how unfortunate but still would have been great to see, what did the setlist look like? Hope they played Can't stand losing you such a good song!

I think I've read Stings autobiography actually, he does love himself doesnt he haha.

hendrixfanatic
06-14-2009, 08:49 AM
I didn't think I would be able to find it immediately, but I just googled it, and this was the set list:

1. Message in a Bottle
2. Synchronicity II
3. Walking on the Moon
4. Voices Inside My Head
5. When the World Is Running Down
6. Don't Stand So Close to Me
7. Driven to Tears
8. Truth Hits Everybody
9. Hole in My Life/Hit the Road, Jack
10. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
11. Wrapped around Your Finger
12. De Do Do Do De Da Da Da
13. Invisible Sun
14. Walking in Your Footsteps
15. Can't Stand Losing You

16. King of Pain
17. So Lonely
18. Every Breath You Take
19. Next to You

So, apart from missing Roxanne (which isn't THAT big a deal), they played pretty much al their hits, and more! What amazed me most is how they could produce such a full, big sound, only with the three of them! A very daring move for a billion dollar reunion, to go onstage without any extra backing musicians or so, just a straight power trio!

I also read his autobiography, and it is quite a laugh...