West Coast Riot 2009

PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Riot 2009

promiseskept
06-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Okay so the punk rock festival West Coast Riot started up in Sweden 2008. Bands like Bad Religion, NoFX, Flogging Molly, Tiger Army, Lagwagon and No Fun At All entered the stage. The festival was very successful, at least in my opinion and what I've heard from friends and other people. This year West Coast Riot strikes again with bands like Social Distortion, Suicidal Tendencies, No Use For A Name, Gaslight Anthem, Pennywise, Gogol Bordello, Aggrolites, Bouncing Souls etc...

What do you guys think of this event? When it comes to the lineup I personally think it was better last year, with bands who more or less could reach out to a bigger audience with different personalities.

Is there anyone going to West Coast Riot 2009? Sure I won't back down for Social Distortion and The Gaslight Anthem. The Living End is gonna be cool as well.

Speak up!

lavazza
06-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Sounds like Groezrock in Belgium.........Iīve been there two times, the last time two years ago and I donīt like it anymore. Small festivals with good bands can be awesome, but the line-up is centered on skater kids and people who want to sit at a campsite drinking beer and listen to some fatwreck music

Sakarias
06-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Some cool bands worth paying for, but all in all the line-up is very weak.
It needs more bands with the same reputation and status as Social Distortion.

They set the bar really high last year, they're gonna have to try harder to live up to it.

promiseskept
06-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Some cool bands worth paying for, but all in all the line-up is very weak.
It needs more bands with the same reputation and status as Social Distortion.

Agreed. I think alot of people would change their minds about this years WCR-lineup if Rancid and Alkaline Trio never cancelled.

BostonLacrosse
06-21-2009, 03:26 PM
hell id go for gogol bordello, bouncing souls, and the aggrolites

promiseskept
06-21-2009, 04:13 PM
hell id go for gogol bordello, bouncing souls, and the aggrolites

Yeah those kickass as well. Especially Gogol Bordello.

Kettelhoit
06-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Well, as promiseskept says. The festival would wake up a lot more people if Rancid and Alkaline Trio never had been canceled. But I wouldn't say that the line-up is weak at any point, i'ts just not strong enough to draw attention.

Anyway, we can always hope for a greater line-up at WCR-2010.
To bad i'm probably gonna miss WCR this year. I really wanted to se Social Distortion, Gaslight Anthem, Gogol Bordello, Aggrolites, Living End, Raised Fist and the rest more or less.

RockThe40oz
06-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Talk about playing it safe and only getting the most widely accepted punk bands they could find.

mike2
06-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Talk about playing it safe and only getting the most widely accepted punk bands they could find.

tell me about it...that lineup is lame as ****...you would have to pay me to go...

sargasm
06-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Pretty boring lineup. A couple bands I enjoy, but those bands tour a lot and are super easy to see. I see way better lineups in way smaller festivals all over the place.

promiseskept
06-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Pretty boring lineup. A couple bands I enjoy, but those bands tour a lot and are super easy to see. I see way better lineups in way smaller festivals all over the place.

Well, it's not often a band like Social Distortion are coming all the way to Sweden. So, for us up here it's very big. I wish I was living in the states, so I could see many of my favorite bands play more often. But I agree with you, the line-up could've been better...

RockThe40oz
06-21-2009, 09:08 PM
I didn't even read that it was in Sweden, so I guess it makes a little more sense... It's hard to get a bunch of smaller-budget bands to travel a long ways all for the same date.

Strato-Massacre
06-21-2009, 09:14 PM
wish this **** was on the east coast

promiseskept
06-21-2009, 10:05 PM
wish this **** was on the east coast

Well it's on the west coast...
Of Sweden.