Anarcho (Punk) Thread

PDA

View Full Version : Anarcho (Punk) Thread

mastaofrocknrol
06-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Oi Punks

I don`t see many Anarcho band threads here, or I don`t look hard enough.
Anyway, here you can discus about Anarcho bands, Anarchy, Pacifism, Protests and all other good things that have something to do with Anarcho punk: Including views and lyrics and all stuff I just summed up and some stuff that I might have forgotten.

Have fun

homer00799
06-27-2009, 10:53 AM
im a rebel too! i write anarchy on average 5 times per post

anarchy
anarchy
anarchy
A
^anarchy

RockThe40oz
06-27-2009, 10:53 AM
The Day the Country Died is anarcho-punk perfected. Not a bad song on the entire album. Of course, I'm hard pressed to find a bad Subhumans song in general.

The Day the Country Died is also a great book covering the entire anarcho-punk scene, and including a bunch of bands you've probably never heard of.

There are 4 anarcho-punk compilations floating around that give a great taste of the scene. They're called Anti- state, society, war and capitalism.

There's also a big crust/anarcho torrent floating around, as well as a crass records torrent. Both of which I recommend finding.

im a rebel too! i write anarchy on average 5 times per post

anarchy
anarchy
anarchy
A
^anarchy
Normally I don't report individuals, but you're a tool.

charlie__flynn
06-27-2009, 11:01 AM
I like the music of some of the anarcho-punk bands about, but (as you said in the first post) we can discuss general views on anarchy, so why do you like it? i can see the initial appeal but i would never wish to live in an anarchic state.

RockThe40oz
06-27-2009, 11:03 AM
I'd really prefer this to not turn into an anarchy debate. Those threads always suck. Anarcho-punk is awesome and we should keep it more closely related to that. Let's try to keep "anarchism" discussions to tips on living more independently from the state.

mastaofrocknrol
06-27-2009, 11:07 AM
I'd really prefer this to not turn into an anarchy debate. Those threads always suck. Anarcho-punk is awesome and we should keep it more closely related to that. Let's try to keep "anarchism" discussions to tips on living more independently from the state.
agreed, People always come up with the same questions in an anarchy debate. So bloody Iritating

Anyway: Listening to A// Political right know, Awesome stuff. I`l recommend that one to all of you, even when you`re not an anarchist.

lavazza
06-27-2009, 11:10 AM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831901&highlight=Anarcho+Punk

Since itīs a thread made by me I feel so good posting it here

mbbmalcolm
06-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I like Crass quite a bit, and I occasionally enjoy the Subhumans, the Mob, etc., but it seems to me like a lot of anarcho-punk can get pretty repetitive, both lyrically and musically. Whats a good anarcho-punk band that sounds really different from typical ones?

RockThe40oz
06-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Thatcher on Acid kind of fit into the anarcho category, musically, but with a weird aspect to them that I can't describe but love... and Zounds are different from typical anarcho punk.

mastaofrocknrol
06-27-2009, 03:27 PM
I like Crass quite a bit, and I occasionally enjoy the Subhumans, the Mob, etc., but it seems to me like a lot of anarcho-punk can get pretty repetitive, both lyrically and musically. Whats a good anarcho-punk band that sounds really different from typical ones?
Listen to Zounds, they are quite differs in style but still anarcho (listen to 'War' and 'Dancing' to get what I mean).

DempseyPunk
06-28-2009, 12:22 AM
the day the country died

the EPs of RP

best anarcho albums ever
nuff said