Today I Caught The Plague

PDA

View Full Version : Today I Caught The Plague

SeveredSurvival
06-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Really damn good, Progressive Metalcore. I've seen them live and they are damn awesome.

www.myspace.com/todayicaughttheplague

Check it out, if you like Between The Buried And Me, Protest The hero, The Human Abstract (old), I promise you, you will love this.

Lappo
06-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Shrug, doesn't really click with me.

Definitely prefer PTH for this kind of style, whom I don't really even like that much in the first place.

SikTh (who play vaguely vaguely similar) are definitely leaps better than either, though :p:

technicolour
06-28-2009, 09:37 AM
they've played my town a few towns, have another show coming up I think. Have yet to see them, but some people I know have hyped them up to be pretty good.

SeveredSurvival
06-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Meh, for some reason I love high pitched vocals with crazy bass and guitar shred runs but with structure of course which PTH and TICTP have. :)

Lappo
06-28-2009, 01:57 PM
based on that description, trust me when I say that you will love SikTh

SeveredSurvival
06-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah d00d, my friend told me they sounded like PTH. I heard them on your radio on the Metal forum. :) Niggaz be good.

handbanana
06-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Yeah d00d, my friend told me they sounded like PTH. I heard them on your radio on the Metal forum. :) Niggaz be good.

i thought you were a good poster up until this one

SeveredSurvival
06-28-2009, 02:13 PM
That was a joke.... :( the d00d part.

EDIT: Sorry man, I am just cranking some old school rap right now. I'm kind of excited.

Magero
06-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Can't stand his cleans.
Too many drum fills, not enough groove.
Too much "look, we can play in odd time sigs" instead of writing a goddamn riff that flows.
Scream is annoying.
Pretty much all the music is dull.

Sorry, pass.

technicolour
06-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Can't stand his cleans.
Too much "look, we can play in odd time sigs" instead of writing a goddamn riff that flows.
Scream is annoying.

Sorry, pass.

guess you didn't catch "the plague" today did you?

SeveredSurvival
06-28-2009, 10:17 PM
I like them.

:sad:

MustangMan311
06-28-2009, 10:33 PM
I hate the vocals, and the keys, and everything. For one thing, I really dislike Canadian music, and I really dislike the Human Abstract's ****ty pseudo-orchestral singing, which this band puts together. They're trying way too hard. "Prog" is way too theatric and limp-wristed. BTBAM is not. That's why they do it well.

SeveredSurvival
06-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Yeah, BTBAM crush this band. Won't lie about that. I went nuts listening to Colors today, such a great album.

MustangMan311
06-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Yeah, BTBAM crush this band. Won't lie about that. I went nuts listening to Colors today, such a great album.
This is true.

intentionsthere
06-28-2009, 10:49 PM
To the guy who dissed the canadian music scene your an idiot. Anyways, this band is local where I'm from, and even though this band isn't really my cup of tea, I highly respect their musicianship and all. Oh, and it's interesting to know that one of their former guitarists is in this band now; http://www.myspace.com/killitorous .

SeveredSurvival
06-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah dude, Killitorous are sick. If it's Aaron, he was my friends guitar teacher :)

intentionsthere
06-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah dude, Killitorous are sick. If it's Aaron, he was my friends guitar teacher :)

Yeah, it's Aaron, he's the one who wrote all of the music for it. I heard he gave guitar lessons, i'm happy about that, it's a nice change from the incompetents we see giving guitar lessons in ottawa :P

MustangMan311
06-28-2009, 11:02 PM
To the guy who dissed the canadian music scene your an idiot. Anyways, this band is local where I'm from, and even though this band isn't really my cup of tea, I highly respect their musicianship and all. Oh, and it's interesting to know that one of their former guitarists is in this band now; http://www.myspace.com/killitorous .
Woops, sure didn't mean to offend anyone!

intentionsthere
06-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Woops, sure didn't mean to offend anyone!

I reread your post and realized I might've gotten pissed over very little lol. It's just that I get pretty fed up from people talking negatively about the canadian scene when all they've heard is like CÚline Dion you know what I mean haha. The thing is we have wicked bands, they're just not getting the exposure they deserve and the canadian bands that do get exposure are like, Nickleback...

MustangMan311
06-28-2009, 11:11 PM
I reread your post and realized I might've gotten pissed over very little lol. It's just that I get pretty fed up from people talking negatively about the canadian scene when all they've heard is like CÚline Dion you know what I mean haha. The thing is we have wicked bands, they're just not getting the exposure they deserve and the canadian bands that do get exposure are like, Nickleback...
Haha, I mean, no offense- There's just something I find awkward and odd about Canadian music. Maybe it's the accents, the French showing through, or the non-American part, but I just find it weird. The only Canadian bands I listen to are Protest the Hero, Despised Icon, and Ion Dissonance. That's really as far as I get into the scene. Haha.

SeveredSurvival
06-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Go listen to bands like Quo Vadis, Cryptopsy (old), Augury, Pysiudius, Blackguard, Blasphemy etc... come back and be amazed.

intentionsthere
06-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Haha, I mean, no offense- There's just something I find awkward and odd about Canadian music. Maybe it's the accents, the French showing through, or the non-American part, but I just find it weird. The only Canadian bands I listen to are Protest the Hero, Despised Icon, and Ion Dissonance. That's really as far as I get into the scene. Haha.

Well, your entitled to your opinion, but I'm pretty happy with our scene and I think that if you look at the good bands per population ratio, we're doing pretty well for ourselves. I didn't really understand the part you wrote about french, but for the record, if your knocking french, know that two of the 3 bands you named are made up of french members, and Quebec has an incredible metal scene.

The Spoon
06-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Come on... "eclectic progressive metal"? It seems like they're bragging about being progressive.

I could see them growing on me, but it doesnt sound like anything I havent heard.

MustangMan311
06-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Well, your entitled to your opinion, but I'm pretty happy with our scene and I think that if you look at the good bands per population ratio, we're doing pretty well for ourselves. I didn't really understand the part you wrote about french, but for the record, if your knocking french, know that two of the 3 bands you named are made up of french members, and Quebec has an incredible metal scene.
Oh, I know, I don't see why I like Ion Dissonance or Despised Icon but not the rest.

Go listen to bands like Quo Vadis, Cryptopsy (old), Augury, Pysiudius, Blackguard, Blasphemy etc... come back and be amazed.

I love Cryptopsy, but I hate Augury with a passion. I just find the orchestral / theatric parts to be so ****ing cheesy. Like, come on. This isn't Dream Theater.

Lappo
06-29-2009, 12:04 AM
I think I hate you now :mad:

Augury is fackin fantastic, new album especially

Perhaps you should give it more of a listen ;)

KurtCobain9898
06-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Can't stand his cleans.
Scream is annoying.

Sorry, pass.

agreed

PTH has a little more musicianship.

MustangMan311
06-29-2009, 12:09 AM
I think I hate you now :mad:

Augury is fackin fantastic, new album especially

Perhaps you should give it more of a listen ;)
Haha, it's just so cheesy, dude. And the bass player, ugh, don't get me started. Dude needs to turn himself down and chill out. Some of his work just sounds so comical and circus-esque. It's really bad.

Lappo
06-29-2009, 12:22 AM
couldn't disagree with you more- augury bassist for fuckin' president

on a surprisingly large amount of metal/hardcore/etc records, the bassist is inaudible :[

MustangMan311
06-29-2009, 01:07 AM
couldn't disagree with you more- augury bassist for fuckin' president

on a surprisingly large amount of metal/hardcore/etc records, the bassist is inaudible :[
Yeah, but that's no excuse for this dude to be turned up and play a fretless like he's some almighty music theorist with an ear for odd time signatures and a Steve DiGorgio-obsession. Dude's amazing at bass, but do I like his playing? Rhetorical question.

Lappo
06-29-2009, 01:09 AM
opinionz

MustangMan311
06-29-2009, 02:06 AM
opinionz
True!

SeveredSurvival
06-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Augury are win.

GodofCheesecake
06-29-2009, 11:18 AM
The only Canadian bands I listen to are Protest the Hero, Despised Icon, and Ion Dissonance

...Beneath the Massacre?

MustangMan311
06-29-2009, 11:44 AM
...Beneath the Massacre?
Mehhhh. Boring, boring, boring. That one breakdown is hilarious, though. I can't get over the stupid scene kids trying to headbang to it. :haha:

GodofCheesecake
06-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Ah, yes. Nevermore.

Axendancy
04-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Bump for impending release of LP.

SeveredSurvival
04-02-2011, 12:19 PM
When's that happening? They are local to me and I haven't even heard any information regarding the release.

Axendancy
07-23-2011, 03:12 AM
These guys have tabbed Lore in its entirety for any of you schmucks that are decent guitarists.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/today_i_caught_the_plague_tabs.htm

datskramzkid
07-23-2011, 02:55 PM
I played with these guys years ago. They're okay.

InstantAXonHero
07-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Quite tempted to check them out after listening to some of their bass lines.

ManInTheBox14
07-03-2013, 11:04 PM
So these guys changed their name, finally got signed (to Sumerian), and have an album out this fall. Was thinking of starting a new thread for them, but they haven't really been "hardcore" much since their debut EP iirc, so I'll put it elsewhere if you guys want. Here's their new song, if anyone's interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKCmLwUuI_E

datskramzkid
07-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Band is weak, but good for them, they've been around forever. I played with them in my hometown in '07, probably the last actual tour to come through here. Apparently the singer looks like me.

synestershadows
07-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Don't really care for them. They're trying way too hard to sound like Protest the Hero or some shit.