Need Crit On Solo + Riff

PDA

View Full Version : Need Crit On Solo + Riff

canvasDude
06-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Hey guys. I'm writing a song that is based on the harmonic minor scale in the key of B. I can't describe the genre really. Think blues rock meats gloomy melodic metal (but not fast, i was kinda goin' for a David Gilmour style in that sense). It also has a bit of a Fur Elise feel imo (especially certain parts). I know this doesn't make any sense, but once you hear it it will.

I attatched the tab for the riff and solo (wrote it in notepad, so you don't need guitar pro).

EDIT: I posted the song on my profile. It is titled Dragonspit.

canvasDude
07-03-2009, 10:31 AM
EDIT: I've already figured everything out, you guys were just no help at all. 75 views and not a single response!

Msu_Man04
07-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Don't whine; read the rules of the forum. Crit other people's and ask them to crit yours in return.

Even if you didn't figure it out, I wouldn't crit you now just because you're whining about not getting a response.

icronic
07-03-2009, 01:28 PM
EDIT: I've already figured everything out, you guys were just no help at all. 75 views and not a single response!

As Msu_Man04 said, you want crits, crit other people's stuff.

Honestly though, if it's not in at least midi, then it's usually pretty hard to get responses. Tab gives no real impression of timing, so it's almost impossible to know how it's really supposed to sound.

canvasDude
07-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Don't whine; read the rules of the forum. Crit other people's and ask them to crit yours in return.

Even if you didn't figure it out, I wouldn't crit you now just because you're whining about not getting a response.

i posted the complete song on my profile (Dragonspit). sorry, i guess i oughta reread the rules. :( also, the idea was that it was C4C. if they crit me, i crit them.