1st Original Metal Composition (GP5) C4C

PDA

View Full Version : 1st Original Metal Composition (GP5) C4C

Necrophagist777
06-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Download Link (http://www.mediafire.com/?vrjs4jjtnw4) or See attached zip file.

This is my first full Metal Song. Any tips on how to improve this and on future songwriting would be greatly appreciated. I particularly like the solo, I think it's tasteful and fits the song well.

C4C! :cheers:

TV-Casualty
06-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Well, its not bad. Its really good actually for a first song, but its just kind of bland. I understand if the drums are just there as place holders, but they could use some touching up, cause they are pretty plain. The guitar was alright, but without vocals it was also pretty bland to me. I thought the solo was pretty good, but it was also way too short. I think this would sound alot better if it was an actual recording, but as it is its just kind of mediocre. Sorry if that was a little harsh, but if this is really your first song, its excellent, you definitely have a lot of potential :peace:

Necrophagist777
06-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Well, its not bad. Its really good actually for a first song, but its just kind of bland. I understand if the drums are just there as place holders, but they could use some touching up, cause they are pretty plain. The guitar was alright, but without vocals it was also pretty bland to me. I thought the solo was pretty good, but it was also way too short. I think this would sound alot better if it was an actual recording, but as it is its just kind of mediocre. Sorry if that was a little harsh, but if this is really your first song, its excellent, you definitely have a lot of potential :peace:

Cheers mate, I understand where your coming from. If I was actually gonna record it I would probably have some sort of Lamb of God style vocals in there too.

I spend most of my time practicing and just writing ambient type instrumental stuff so I thought this would be a good start at composing some Metal stuff, which is what I listen to mostly.

Progbass92
06-30-2009, 09:15 PM
The intro is pretty good. It's got a cool thrashy feel to it. The harmonies would sound better though if it was in thirds, not fourths like the way you have it. It just sounds better and not so straining to the ear.

The gallops are generic, but this is your first song so generic things are bound to happen. I'll let it slide. The progression at 32 is surprisingly original though. Nice job on that especially for a first song. Nice return to that main riff too.

The transition to the low chugging riff was really rough though. Find a way to flow into it or maybe use it in anothe place. The riff up to the solo was really weak on its own but strangely worked effectively as a leadin to the solo.

Work on a better ending. You should probably repeat the last riff one more time before ending it.

This is great though, much better than my first song. Just work on the flow of things and find a better way to end the song.
C4C?http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153380

Necrophagist777
06-30-2009, 09:18 PM
The intro is pretty good. It's got a cool thrashy feel to it. The harmonies would sound better though if it was in thirds, not fourths like the way you have it. It just sounds better and not so straining to the ear.

The gallops are generic, but this is your first song so generic things are bound to happen. I'll let it slide. The progression at 32 is surprisingly original though. Nice job on that especially for a first song. Nice return to that main riff too.

The transition to the low chugging riff was really rough though. Find a way to flow into it or maybe use it in anothe place. The riff up to the solo was really weak on its own but strangely worked effectively as a leadin to the solo.

Work on a better ending. You should probably repeat the last riff one more time before ending it.

This is great though, much better than my first song. Just work on the flow of things and find a better way to end the song.
C4C?http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153380

That transition to the chuggy part is what I'm most disappointed about as well. I was thinking of maybe a bass solo and a fill to lead into it, cuz its a bit too abrupt like you said.

Ill check your song out, thanks for the crit.

CaRveItiNbass
07-02-2009, 02:53 AM
I really like your style, dude. I thought it was really ballsy to use 4th chords during the one part, because Winds of Plague makes me hate them, more than anything. But the verse with the melodic chord changing was really cool, and the solo was awesome. Like I said, keep your style. It's really unique. I dig it.

Feel free to check out any of my songs. in my blog under SONGS C4C

Necrophagist777
07-02-2009, 10:38 AM
I really like your style, dude. I thought it was really ballsy to use 4th chords during the one part, because Winds of Plague makes me hate them, more than anything. But the verse with the melodic chord changing was really cool, and the solo was awesome. Like I said, keep your style. It's really unique. I dig it.

Feel free to check out any of my songs. in my blog under SONGS C4C

Thanks. I think that 4ths part would sound better with a little bass solo or something more fitting leading into it. It sounds a bit harsh and kind of stuffed in without one.

I'm working on a thrash song right now. I think it will turn out much better than this one.