Geiteslakt [Death Metal] (GP4, GP5, MIDI) C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Geiteslakt [Death Metal] (GP4, GP5, MIDI) C4C

valdean
06-30-2009, 09:43 PM
I really enjoyed making this one.
It's a bit short, but I don't feel like doing more to it, because I tend to write generic stuff if I do so.
I'm not so sure about my inspirations here, but Akercocke is one of them.
And I'm no big solo writer, but I kinda liked it.
I like how the drums turned out, so please pay attention to them too. :cheers:

Crit mine and I'll crit your's.
:cheers:

Geiteslakt means Goatslaughter.
I don't know why I chose that.

EDIT: This is not intended for RSE.

entity0009
06-30-2009, 09:56 PM
As soon as I heard the first few bars I thought "At The Gates". It has a definite ATG feel to it, with some Meshuggah-esque stuff in the solo. I liked it a lot. The drums were good too.

As you said, it is quite short, but it's definitely worth working on. One thing that stood out though was the change of tempo at bar 9. Jumping straight into tremolo picking makes it stand out a lot, it's not a very smooth transition at the moment. Maybe if you played around with a drum cut or something you could get it to sound smoother. But apart from that, it was great.

cptazad
07-01-2009, 04:18 AM
Liked the intro, change the drum fill at bar 6, too much kick snare for the 2nd part of it.

Bar 11, this is why I listen to death metal, keep it up man!

Bar 17, awesome, I love that riff too. Bar 16 though, totally ruins the mood. Unless you intend vox to go there.

Great lead by the way, sounds chaotic and I like it.

Bar 38 (outro), throw some variations in there, have the riff end on a diffent note every 2nd time or something like that.

Overall a good death metal song, didn't like the transitions you used at the beginning w/ the tempo changes, but I guess it was necessary for the riff at bar 11

Overall a 7/10, 9/10 for a death metal song.

crit one of mine?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1154297

Imm0rtal
07-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Intro was very cool i like it alot

Bar 7/8 dont sound very death metal to me.More like a thrash metal song

Bar 9/15 Now those are real death metal riffs.I think bar 15 is very good for ending at those riffs.

After those bars all sounds very thrashy.If you could put more faster riffs that would be perfect.

Solos are good too but the song is a bit short.If you put faster riffs and get out of the thrashy feeling it would be a killer song

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1150782

2mins2midnite
08-29-2009, 11:51 AM
i really like the drums