Metal GP song. No Name. please check it out and give me feedback

PDA

View Full Version : Metal GP song. No Name. please check it out and give me feedback

JackBowen
07-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Ive been playing guitar for a year now and this is one of my first songs ive wrote for my currently three man band. Its going well but i really need some feedback and advice, especially on the theory side of things which im lacking.

Hope you enjoy it, thanks!

twasbrilling
07-02-2009, 06:13 PM
you spelt name wrong
it's alrite but guitar pro will never do a song justice

use a recording program next time

Kevy Absolution
07-02-2009, 06:16 PM
you spelt name wrong
it's alrite but guitar pro will never do a song justice

use a recording program next time

Well that was a dumbass thing to say. Not everyone can blow money or feels like putting effort in to record live stuff.

I think it's a cool song. I think in some parts you should cut down on the octave usage because it's going to sound a bit too open I think but I like the chords and the way they are interplayed.

twasbrilling
07-02-2009, 06:19 PM
you can download plenty of free recording programs then all you need is a reducer which costs about 50cent

catalan123
07-02-2009, 06:26 PM
hey it actually sounded pretty good to me

`NeXxuS`
07-02-2009, 06:28 PM
soUNds good but its not finished. the solo should be more dynamic

JackBowen
07-02-2009, 06:30 PM
thanks for the good comments!
i have tried recording simply with a cable from my amp to audacity, but obviously it came out poorly, and sounded terrible with distortion. So i guess i will have to spend some money if i want to record.

i know i octaved a lot, too much infact, but what do you mean by open?
and yes it is still not finished, im not great with making solos. Does anyone have any ideas on scales to use for this song in perticular? I have experimented with the basic minor scale, and it dosnt work too bad.

Progbass92
07-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Can you put up a GP4? I can't open newer GP5 files.