Gnome [Unfinished/Metal of some kind.../GP5 Only]

PDA

View Full Version : Gnome [Unfinished/Metal of some kind.../GP5 Only]

Shustermeister
07-03-2009, 04:40 AM
Something i cant quite write more to... I feel as if though this song could go on for a long time, extended epic like, but im not quite sure.
Anywho, its a "something"Metal song - My usual element of groove, and possibly some core, it also has some other elements i cant quite put my finger on
I dont want to say progressive or math, because 3/4 with occasional use of weird accidentals does not qualify for either, but some of the sections have that sort of weird feel to it.

For me i just really like the intro. :p

Anyways comments and suggestions on the piece and/or maybe where i should go with it? Ill C4C if requested. Peace.

cptazad
07-03-2009, 05:34 AM
Cool intro, the transition to the main riff at bar 12 could have been done better though.

Bar 36 was a cool moment in the song, quite liked that part.

Bridge sounded ****ing sick, great job on that part!

Last bridge riff was ok, it's missing something. Solo was decent too, fit the mood of the song.

overall I'd say a 7/10.

crit one of mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1154297

whalepudding
07-03-2009, 05:39 AM
The prologue is insanely awesome. Love the atmosphere of it. The rest of the song was great, but I was dissapointed you didn't do anything else in the style of the prologue. And since it's unfinished, you should totally do that IMO, lul.

The part beginning at bar 73 also stood out, I love its groove, but I didn't really like bar 89 onwards. If you can't think of anything else to put there then fair enough, but it being there isn't making the song better. If you can't think of anything else to write - I know the feeling, I'm at that point in 2 different songs write now - I'd suggest maybe continuing the diminished guitar harmony as in bar 88, dropping all other instrumentsw, and then having that harmony lead into another riff. One that uses lots of double bass drumming. Just a suggestion, the first thing I thought of after hearing that section.

Anyway, it's a great song, and I look forward to hearing it finished. :cheers: