WIP (Progressive Post-Rock/Metal?) -GP5/4-

PDA

View Full Version : WIP (Progressive Post-Rock/Metal?) -GP5/4-

Slaytanic1993
07-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Meh, song. Started working on it awhile ago, and just recently restarted it. It's another part in my post/prog suite thing, and the rest is posted on here somewhere, one day I'll get to piecing it all together.

I'm not finished, and honestly, I don't have anywhere to go right now, but I'll probably start again later today.

GOREDIT: Finally got it up here. I've had it finished, just been too lazy/busy to do it. :o

Garb
07-03-2009, 11:00 AM
The only I heard was lots of balance issues.
You can't always hear the different parts.
Examples would be 10-23 you can't really hear Track 5, and then once again 35-end you can't hear it.

But other than balance issues, I saw nothing wrong. Great job. :]

Care to check mine out?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1155577

Led Pepplin
07-03-2009, 01:52 PM
That was rather good, actually.

I loved the harmonies on the heavy guitars. The clean break was my favourite part of the song. One thing I would suggest is rather than having a song full of triplets, change the time signature to 12/8. It's essentially the same but makes much more sense.

icronic
07-03-2009, 02:35 PM
That was pretty awesome.

Great riffs, and I especially liked the clean parts.

Best of all though was your use of the kick drum. It was just plain powerful.

Progbass92
07-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Crit as I listen:

The intro is very good. The riff is heavy but melodic. The only problem is that the harmony on track 2 in the second measure of the riff is a little wrong. The last note should be up a half step, an F#, instead of where it is now. It just threw it off for me, but it's a quick fix.

The clean break was really great. It was definitely influenced by Opeth. I could hear so much of Deliverance from that part. The buildup was great too. I like the way you layered the guitars and you weren't so lazy on the bass part either. The little switchup was a cool variation to the riff to prevent it from getting stale.

You've got some great stuff here so far. I can't wait to hear the final product.
C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1155297

Slaytanic1993
08-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Read edit of first post :peace:

DiminishedFifth
08-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Alright, Critting as I listen:

0:00 - it seems kind of lacking until about :20 seconds which is when the drums pick up a bit and fill in the empty space that I felt needed to be filled. I'm guessing this would be the verse (after intro though) and it's pretty good :] It definitely makes for a good verse and pre-chorus.

1:31 - I like the progression you use. The drums are fantastic. I like how the bass was turned down just for the clean break.

1:55 - I like that alot. The progression is fantastic (even though it's probably the same as before) it just sounds alot more powerful to me distorted. It reminds me alot of Star Ocean music.

2:38 - I like the lead guitar. The kick drum is very nicely done. The drums so far are really good and done nicely. When the drums actually start doing a real groove it's very nice.

3:17 - Would this be like a new verse or something? It would definitely be one.

3:43 - This part is my least favorite part. I think it would sound good with a melody over it. The double pedal that comes up is very reminiscent of some hardcore bands i've heard.

4:37 - Sounds very nice. I like the little slaps on the bass. The second guitar that comes in is very nice. The acoustic solo is very nice. I like the speed of it... how it contrasts from the relatively slow pace of the backing.

I give it an 8/10. It was really good, but it wasn't for me really... It had its parts that Ir eally liked, and it had its parts I didn't, but it's still good.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21006441#post21006441