Enciphered (Some kind of metal) [GP5,4,MID]

PDA

View Full Version : Enciphered (Some kind of metal) [GP5,4,MID]

entity0009
07-03-2009, 06:48 PM
My main focus when writing this song was minimalism. I aimed to do as much as I could for the guitar riffs with only a few notes. I like the way it turned out, even if it is a bit simplistic. :shrug:

Anyway, comment/complain/suggest anything, I'm open to any type of criticism. Obviously C4C.

Garb
07-03-2009, 07:31 PM
I have nothing to critique, really.

It's pretty darn good for what it is. Very simple, like you said. But interesting. :]

Check mine out?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1155577

Progbass92
07-03-2009, 07:38 PM
As i listen:

The first riff is really cool. I like syncopation like this and I like the way the two guitars bounce off each other like they are here. My only suggestion is that you do more syncopation with the bass part. For me, it didn't really fit the feel of the song that I was hoping it would be. It'll keep things sorta chaotic. Then you can have the drums fill everything else out with a normal 4/4 beat. It'll be a really cool effect.

At 18-34, I liked what you did there. I was just getting ready to gripe about how the riff needed more variation, and then the polyrhythms kicked in. Nice use of different stressing of your beats.

Another really cool idea at 38 and a nice return to the previous riff later. It flowed very well. The lead and harmony starting at 54 was really cool. It added a nice melody to the song. Just try to make it last longer. Add some more and even put the bass into the mix as well.

Nice return to the intro riff at 62. I think the bass in this part is fine the way it is. It'll vary the part if you choose to use my suggestion about the riff the first time around. I think you should come up with better variation for the riff at 70. Play with the rhythms a bit and see what kind of syncopation or polyrhythms you can come up with. The outro was just okay. Try some tremolo picking on higher notes to add more variation to the riff.

This song was really cool. It had some weak points but that's just due to the reptitition. Work on variation, and you'll be fine.
C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1155297

Imm0rtal
07-04-2009, 04:32 AM
It is realy too simple but its good.Maybe if it was not so repetive it would sound better.I think it sounds like a slipknot song or something

..NEM..
07-04-2009, 06:35 AM
It is realy too simple but its good.Maybe if it was not so repetive it would sound better.I think it sounds like a slipknot song or something
Or Gorguts. Slipknot wouldn't use this kind of dissonance.

Anyways, I like the way you used the bass thus creating that dissonance. It was a good minimalism-song, I've really got nothing else to say. Are you going for growls or cleans? :)

entity0009
07-04-2009, 06:39 AM
Or Gorguts. Slipknot wouldn't use this kind of dissonance.

Anyways, I like the way you used the bass thus creating that dissonance. It was a good minimalism-song, I've really got nothing else to say. Are you going for growls or cleans? :)
I didn't actually have anything in mind for vocals at the time of writing, but now I hear it I think growls might fit better. What do you reckon?

..NEM..
07-04-2009, 07:00 AM
I didn't actually have anything in mind for vocals at the time of writing, but now I hear it I think growls might fit better. What do you reckon?
Growls, definetly. :)