Anyone interested in a writing a song? [ Some riffs already started ]

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a writing a song? [ Some riffs already started ]

BotC
07-04-2009, 01:10 AM
I've always kind of wanted to write a song with someone here on UG. I have a few riffs that I'd think could be the starting point for whatever we write (You write a riff or two, I write a riff or two. We make changes to the other's work and so on.). So, take a listen to them tabs and drop a comment here or PM me if you're interested in co-writing something with me.

I put a nice selection of riffs in there that all serve as perfectly fine intros:

Breakdown Riff: Something pretty heavy which I think has the potential to turn into some groove metal.
Wow Riff: A riff I made up on my acoustic that I thought was pretty nifty and could be turned into Power metal
Death Metal riff: I really like this one and could see my band using it in a song, but, I'd still love to work with someone on it.
Melodic Riff: It doesn't live it to it's name well.

Take a listen and get back to me :D

EDIT: As misfitsramones pointed out Melodic Riff is a Lamb of God riff, So, that's off the table.

misfitsramones
07-04-2009, 01:22 AM
the melodic riff is from walk with me in hell by lamb of god.
yea it sucks when that happens.

AEROTROOPER159
07-04-2009, 01:26 AM
i cant play your riffs upload them to your profile im intrested in doing this!
meaning i cant hear them.

BotC
07-04-2009, 01:32 AM
the melodic riff is from walk with me in hell by lamb of god.
yea it sucks when that happens.

Ohhhh, really? It makes sense as to why I couldn't get it to sound awesome. Nothing beats the awesomeness of Lamb of God. Thanks though, man!

BotC
07-04-2009, 03:24 PM
i cant play your riffs upload them to your profile im intrested in doing this!
meaning i cant hear them.

Well, I'd using guitar pro to send the files back and forth. Do you have the program?

Valo
07-04-2009, 04:24 PM
The melodic riff, isn't excatly walk with me in hell. It just sounds like it, because similar notes are involved.

CheesyMozarella
07-06-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm kind of interested. :)

Edit: I am interested!

AngrySockMonkey
07-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Meh, I changed the breakdown riff for fun.

Imm0rtal
07-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Here are my changes .I addet 2 riffs and i hope you like it

CheesyMozarella
07-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Here are my changes .I addet 2 riffs and i hope you like it

Added some on your stuff.

Imm0rtal
07-09-2009, 05:15 AM
:)