"Beginning"- Finished song (GP5/4/Midi)

PDA

View Full Version : "Beginning"- Finished song (GP5/4/Midi)

CheesyMozarella
07-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I think it's finished now. q: It's some kind of melodic metal.

Yup, the arpeggios are pretty much impossible. But try to listen to it, and not "look at" it.

As you may notice, transitions are my biggest flaw.

dimebagdarrell9
07-06-2009, 09:19 AM
overall it was pretty good. the transitions with the time signature change in the song reminded me of Protest the Hero.

CheesyMozarella
07-06-2009, 09:21 AM
overall it was pretty good. the transitions with the time signature change in the song reminded me of Protest the Hero.

Yeah, I've listened pretty much to the mthe last few weeks. :P

Thanks. :) Anything that could be improved?

barrettonUG
07-06-2009, 09:23 AM
i agree it definitly reminded me of protest the hero
i'd probably work on translations more than anything, like making it actually playable
there was one chord that was like

i lol'd :P
but fer seriouslys, it was epic

MopMaster
07-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Didn't like the staccatoy palm-muted powerchords in the middle somewhere, really spoiled the flow for me. Apart from that, wow. You've got some skills there, sir.

Progbass92
07-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Wow this was absolutely great, man. Really good work. The beginning caught my attention right away with those strings and the begging solos.

My only suggestion is that you provide some kind of break in the middle of that chugging section with a little more melody, introducing a new idea away from the triplet chugging. You should also think of a way to flow into it better.

I would also suggest finding a way to appropriately bring back that string melody from the beginning or at least a variation of it. It was too great to only pop up once in my opinion.
8/10

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1155297

CheesyMozarella
07-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Ok, added something more melodic in the middle as you said, between the chugs. :) Could need a better transition. The solo isn't really done, but a rough idea of it.
Also added some time sig changes in the chugging.

Enjoy :D

jimmyled
07-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Nice. Power metalish.

GisleAune
07-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Can you play this?? this is insane, love it!

Try to get better transition to the chags, they're cool, but don't really flow into the rest of it.

9,5 / 10