Recording Problems Behringer Xenyx

PDA

View Full Version : Recording Problems Behringer Xenyx

greennblue10
07-06-2009, 02:03 PM
I have a mac, and I'm using Logic Pro. I'm trying to record guitar and vocals through a Behringer 1204 going in via USB (UCA200). My computer recognizes the UCA200, however, there is no sound coming into the computer.

There is a Line out feature (RCA). however, when I output it into the the line in port, something comes up. THe Line in works fine (I've connected an ipod and it ran fine). Is there a switch that I'm supposed to push?

willieturnip
07-06-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't quite understand the question? I used to use this exact same setup back in the day, so I should be able to help you..

Wynterbite
07-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I use the exact same setup now :) The way I run it is I use RCA stereo cables, hook them up to the CD/Tape out--colour-correct, of course! Then I connect that to the RCA inputs of the USB interface, connect the interface to the computer via USB port, and plug in my mic. Works fine for me. I don't see why you'd need your line in port for anything, though.

willieturnip
07-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I seem to remember the mixer being a bit of a bitch to actually send signal to RCA..?

greennblue10
07-06-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm using a Mbox (first model) as an interface but there is only one RCA input. There is a input for TRS though. Are there converteres?

Union Of V
07-07-2009, 08:46 AM
OK, so you've the RCA outs of the mixer going to the RCA ins of the UCA and vice versa. First plug some headphones into the headphone jack of the UCA and see if you can hear something. Next try hitting the "CD/Tape to Main" button next to the meters, or if you're listening using the Phones or Control Room outs hit the "CD/Tape" button for them. As usual, check that you aren't muting anything.

willieturnip
07-07-2009, 09:27 AM
The original mbox (or the mbox 2 IIRC) have RCA ins. They're SPDIF. Entirely different thing.

Edit: They DO NOT have RCA ins. They are SPDIF.

Wynterbite
07-07-2009, 11:29 AM
One RCA input? Well, that's just odd. Anyway, judging from what I read on the Mbox, can't you just plug your instruments/mics in there and run it into the computer?

If all else fails, buy a Behringer U-Control USB interface--works for me, and it's pretty cheap :)