Progressive Instrumental GP 5.0

PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Instrumental GP 5.0

Nilpferdkoenig
07-06-2009, 09:03 PM
I was just fooling around with my new picks today and this came out, tell me what you think.

Thanks you guys :D

Jdfs1
07-06-2009, 09:11 PM
measure 30 to 40 sounds ok... The rest of it just sounds kinda... empty.

Nilpferdkoenig
07-06-2009, 09:15 PM
measure 30 to 40 sounds ok... The rest of it just sounds kinda... empty.

Ok :3

Does the intro sound like an old NES game to you by any chance?

Jdfs1
07-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I honestly couldn't tell you, i've never played one. The intro is good. but it dragged on too long. IMO

Nilpferdkoenig
07-06-2009, 09:18 PM
I honestly couldn't tell you, i've never played one. The intro is good. but it dragged on too long. IMO

Huh ok.

Thanks for the criticism! :)

icronic
07-07-2009, 01:17 AM
I liked it. Lots of really great riffs hidden away in there.

There is a kind of emptiness that's present throughout though. I'm not sure if it's just the way it's mixed or if you need a little more instrumentation. Not a huge deal though.

Bars 24-29 were really the only rough part of the song though. The drums and guitar were out of time with each other.

A guitar solo would be nice too, it is an instrumental afterall :)

Aaaaaand the ending is rather abrupt, not to mention unresolved. Your song is in D. End it on a D, it's not rocket science, yet nobody does it.

The more I listen the more I think that the drums are the cause of the emptiness. There's just something missing there.

But anyway despite all this, I really do love the guitar parts. The rest just needs a bit of polish :)

Nilpferdkoenig
07-07-2009, 06:31 AM
Yeah, nothings finished or even started, it just came out while testing picks :)