[MIDI] Half-finished Metal Song

PDA

View Full Version : [MIDI] Half-finished Metal Song

Jango22
07-07-2009, 04:16 AM
Hey guys, just figured I post a song i've been writing for my band and get some input. I'm pretty sure the drums need work (i'm not a drummer) so if you guys could pay attention to that the most i'd appreciate it.

Nera
07-07-2009, 04:29 AM
I like metalcore but I think the riffs sound a bit chaotic... well that's just me

Jango22
07-07-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't even know how to classify it, to be honest. I started out with that intro riff, which sounded metalcore-y to me, but the rest of it sounds...different.

Incubus_Rage_27
07-07-2009, 06:32 PM
I liked the intro but i dont like what it dropped into, and it went on for way too long in the song. I mean its not all bad but definately needs some work, just maybe learn more riffs from bands you like to try and get an idea of what they are dion it could help you a lot. Keep it up anyway man.
What do you think of my track?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158325

Sitkemkev
08-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Cant hear it, damn computer. But, I'd have to say as far as I hear it at band practice, I'd have to say the song is catchy. The part after the intro really throws me off as a somewhat newbie drummer, the timing is really complicated. The improvised thing i did before had a normal timing, but the in-practice analogy, "boobs werent big enough to get a grasp at", which I can see why, the timing is really complex, but it is a great, "chaotic" riff. In HQ, it worked fine by having the drums almost mimic the guitar. In this case, however, the beat greatly changes from one part of the song, to the next, and they dont match. That may be why the fills really mess me up as well. (I guess I'd let everyone know that I'm the drummer for the band hes in lol) I'm thinking maybe keep it in a simpler time, except make it faster or slower, depending on how the song goes, but I'd really recommend trying to get it to match whether its half time or double time on a part. I'm dont know the proper words, but having a 6/8 time, then maybe go down into 2/4 time, or something like that, then a fill to keep them together, doesnt even need a fill since it would be quite easy to get from one to another. I'm just rambling now, so yeah, theres my obnoxiously long take on this song.