New Rock Song

PDA

View Full Version : New Rock Song

jbridge90
07-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Hey guys this is a piece I've been working on over the past couple of days. I only have the intro and first verse written, so don't expect 5 minutes of song. I'm relatively pleased with what I've done to start, but I have no idea where I should take it, so if you could, after critiquing the song I would appreciate a suggestion or two on what YOU would do next.

Oh and leave me a link so I can comment on one of your songs :)

Msu_Man04
07-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Hm. Well, the bass is a little unorthodox, but it's actually very appealing. I like it. I like how those four chromatic notes are used (C#, D, D#, and E) but it still sounds good. Not too much else to crit. Good job here.

I'd go for a pre-chorus, probably moving the chording predominately to A, instead of how you have it as E for 4 bars, then D for for bars. Make it between A and B or something. I dunno. XD

CarlosAlejandro
07-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I like your song, it make me remenber some of guns and rosses lol .. :haha: Its okay, the bass line makes this hmm i guees that " Happy " .. Good work dude :) ..

Tell me about that :

Another Day - Rock Progressive (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158499)

HWFG1
07-08-2009, 01:31 PM
That's actually really good. I enjoyed it. I would've done something like this, just to off-set the mood a little (you may not like it, I dunno; if you do, you're welcome to take it)

jbridge90
07-08-2009, 08:14 PM
That's actually really good. I enjoyed it. I would've done something like this, just to off-set the mood a little (you may not like it, I dunno; if you do, you're welcome to take it)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

And to this, I did enjoy it, but I'm not sure if its what I'm want, so I'm writing on this part you gave, and another part I wrote. I figure when I'm done with both pieces I'll just choose whichever the UG community and I think is the best.

But here's where v2 is starting to go. Its just 8 bars more.

Its_Rock77
07-09-2009, 01:04 AM
saturday, saturday, saturday night's all right........

but I liked it. my amount of like is clouded by my noticing a similarity in melody (although it's hardly there I promise you) to the elton john song :shrug:

regardless, good work. that's all I really have for you. sorry :/

jbridge90
07-09-2009, 01:18 AM
saturday, saturday, saturday night's all right........

but I liked it. my amount of like is clouded by my noticing a similarity in melody (although it's hardly there I promise you) to the elton john song :shrug:

regardless, good work. that's all I really have for you. sorry :/

Oh really I don't think I've ever listened to Elton John. I'm looking it up now.

Thanks for the comment anyways.

J-Edit: I listened to both the original, and Nicklebacks version, and my song has a totally different feel. Although I went and listened to my song after that, and it sounded like the guitar was screaming SATURDAY, SATURDAYSATURDAYSATURDAY, SATURDAY at me. But the guitar melodies definitely aren't even close to the same.

Its_Rock77
07-10-2009, 02:08 AM
Oh really I don't think I've ever listened to Elton John. I'm looking it up now.

Thanks for the comment anyways.

J-Edit: I listened to both the original, and Nicklebacks version, and my song has a totally different feel. Although I went and listened to my song after that, and it sounded like the guitar was screaming SATURDAY, SATURDAYSATURDAYSATURDAY, SATURDAY at me. But the guitar melodies definitely aren't even close to the same.

exactly why I put in my little clause afterwords. It is not similar but simply reminds me very much of the elton john song which unfortunately made me want to listen to that song instead. :shrug: I don't know. :sad:

but I'm now even more sad that Nickleback covered it :mad:

jbridge90
07-10-2009, 02:29 AM
exactly why I put in my little clause afterwords. It is not similar but simply reminds me very much of the elton john song which unfortunately made me want to listen to that song instead. :shrug: I don't know. :sad:

but I'm now even more sad that Nickleback covered it :mad:

Yeah... I wasn't too impressed by the cover.