core genre? with slight melodic feel? gp5/4/midi

PDA

View Full Version : core genre? with slight melodic feel? gp5/4/midi

kylendm
07-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Well let me know what i can improve on. It's not done just wanted to know if i should continue..

.starrk
07-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Sounded very generic to me. Always try to create your own sound when writing a song, even if it seems hopeless.

kylendm
07-08-2009, 12:02 PM
You're right it is kinda generic, o well haha

Brian Gelvin
07-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Definitely has potential!! I really like it. Though there are somethings I would change. Such as the intro riff, instead of goin down to the 4th fret try the 5th. It sounded better to me. Also on measures 52 - 56, every measure has the same hammer on pull off at the end of the measure. Seems like a little too much, maybe change it in a way so it doesn't sound too consistent.

MOODY17
07-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Sounded very generic to me. Always try to create your own sound when writing a song, even if it seems hopeless.

i disagree, i thought it was fairly original, and pretty good.

.starrk
07-08-2009, 12:59 PM
i disagree, i thought it was fairly original, and pretty good.
You must not listen to metalcore much ;).

Incubus_Rage_27
07-08-2009, 01:06 PM
I really enjoyed this man! I thought this piece was really decent and definately stand's out more than a lot of Metalcore-ish stuff.
I wasn't sure about the intro clean but when the distorted guitar comes in its a good touch, definately a great build up. The drop into the next section with the panned guitars sounds great and i can imagine some great vocals over it. the next bit wasnt my sorta thing too odd but the riff it drops into was absolutely top notch, id have liked to have heard some half time on the drums at some point tho! its definately a great song with potential, maybe return to that sick riff at 1:33 with the harmonies at some point but with really slow ass drums and broken guitar chords like proper chugga chugga underneath would sound proper badass. Im looking forward to hearing the finished peice man!

Ive just written a track of a fairly similar style, u reckon you could a have listen and tell me what you think?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158325
Cheers man