Most annoying groups of people associated with the "-core" scene

PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying groups of people associated with the "-core" scene

Floyd93
07-08-2009, 03:16 PM
We all know who they are. The aggressive tough guys (obsessed with "beatdown" hardcore and fighting) who like to push EVERYONE down at shows. Then there are the obnoxious militant straight edge people. There's even the tight-pants, flippy hair sporting br00tal deathcore scene kids as well as some other annoying groups. What kinds of people really irritate you when you see them?

@polyamorous@
07-08-2009, 03:23 PM
People like you

BOSS-anaut
07-08-2009, 03:24 PM
***s who mosh. I've played shows when people started moshing in some of my breakdowns and I have literally changed my entire play style to avoid mosh-***s.

RentACar
07-08-2009, 03:24 PM
I hate the "bros" who can't listen to anything that isn't "TRU HAWDKOWA" and every other genre of music sucks.

MustangMan311
07-08-2009, 03:56 PM
People like you

God, I love this board.

jonnowev
07-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Scenester kids that get into bands because they have a cool Myspace layout or some 'sick' t-shirt designs rather than because of the actual music... just arrrgghhhhh.

livingbankrupt
07-08-2009, 05:51 PM
this is a pointless thread.

handbanana
07-08-2009, 05:53 PM
this thread has been made before. hardcore without violence is like hockey without violence; nobody wants it

DaysoftheBlue
07-08-2009, 06:08 PM
***s who mosh. I've played shows when people started moshing in some of my breakdowns and I have literally changed my entire play style to avoid mosh-***s.

I know. Its not true hardcore unless kids are dancing around like ****ing windmills.

cakeschmammert
07-08-2009, 06:12 PM
simply put, mosh or be moshed

technicolour
07-08-2009, 07:08 PM
this thread has been made before. hardcore without violence is like hockey without violence; nobody wants it

If you replace the word "violence" with "aggression", I'd agree with you, otherwise that's a fairly juvenile statement.

Moshin's fine, but targeting individuals/face punching is pretty lame. You wanna pick a fight with someone, do it outside.

Also, these people:

yourscenesucks.com

(except for the black metal knight of course)

screechuzi
07-08-2009, 07:17 PM
If you replace the word "violence" with "aggression", I'd agree with you, otherwise that's a fairly juvenile statement.

Moshin's fine, but targeting individuals/face punching is pretty lame. You wanna pick a fight with someone, do it outside.

Also, these people:

yourscenesucks.com

I have no problem with kombatcore girl. any girl who likes converge is chill with me. :cool:

demonsage
07-08-2009, 07:18 PM
i don't really like the tough guys who kinda ruin things ha
i like headbanging but really i don't need a guy punching me in a face while doing it :/

technicolour
07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
I have no problem with kombatcore girl. any girl who likes converge is chill with me. :cool:

Oh, true, I also think the mosh warrior looks sexy.

IcePh0enix
07-08-2009, 07:48 PM
This may sound crazy to some people, but I actually enjoy listening to the music/watching the band, moshing, and singing/yelling along to the words. I don't want to get in a fight at a show.

So yeah, I really don't like tough guys.

handbanana
07-08-2009, 08:53 PM

Also, these people:

yourscenesucks.com

i can agree with this.
i like when people get hit, when they're in the pit but people who just go around hitting everyone in the sides and back kinda suck, but it is and always will be part of the culture. except it.

also as much as those ppl suck that website is hillarious

willingvictim
07-08-2009, 09:38 PM
mosh or be moshed

backed

pmeg568c
07-08-2009, 09:46 PM
the most annoying group of people are the people that bitch about the people who annoy them in a genre

XMeatHookMartyX
07-08-2009, 09:52 PM
people who think they are better than everyone else. hardcore scene started out with misfits and losers, everyone is supposed to get along. i don't really think about it other than when it happens, but when kids try to listen to bands solely because they are obscure, and act smarter and cooler than everyone else, i get annoyed. i don't care if someone dresses like a girl, or a tough guy, or like a bro. i will respect anyone who just acts like themselves.

willingvictim
07-08-2009, 10:14 PM
people who think they are better than everyone else. hardcore scene started out with misfits and losers, everyone is supposed to get along. i don't really think about it other than when it happens, but when kids try to listen to bands solely because they are obscure, and act smarter and cooler than everyone else, i get annoyed. i don't care if someone dresses like a girl, or a tough guy, or like a bro. i will respect anyone who just acts like themselves.

legit

Daggermouth
07-08-2009, 10:29 PM
i dont like those guys very much

JxD
07-08-2009, 11:05 PM
I don't like the Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium, etc. fans on this board but in reality I generally get along with everyone I meet at shows (albeit I'm not a fan of crust kids lack of hygiene).

Floyd93
07-09-2009, 12:50 AM
My outlook on it is that I'm respectful of others I see as long as they don't go starting crap. Getting into the music and going crazy at shows is a good thing but pushing down the pregnant girl who is chilling in the back listening to the music is too much. The "I'm going to beat everyone's ass at this show" attitude is part of hardcore but is also what turns many away. I love the hardcore scene as well as the various "-core" scenes that are populated by the scene kids but I feel as if the tough guys at shows don't have to take it to the extreme they do.

hard_rock101
07-09-2009, 01:13 AM

QFT. i dont get why people have to act like dicks in scenes. i've hardly met a person in my local scene who isn't a ****ing elitist.

IlikeTheSKA
07-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Bouncers at venues. Always breaking up the good fights.

XMeatHookMartyX
07-09-2009, 07:03 AM
My outlook on it is that I'm respectful of others I see as long as they don't go starting crap. Getting into the music and going crazy at shows is a good thing but pushing down the pregnant girl who is chilling in the back listening to the music is too much. The "I'm going to beat everyone's ass at this show" attitude is part of hardcore but is also what turns many away. I love the hardcore scene as well as the various "-core" scenes that are populated by the scene kids but I feel as if the tough guys at shows don't have to take it to the extreme they do.

lol wut? did you just make that up, or did you see it happen?

why is a pregnant girl at a hardcore show?
didn't you guys learn anything from mr. holland's opus?
only classical music is good for babies.

+}-136-{+
07-09-2009, 09:35 AM
There's literally no hardcore scene in Taiwan so I have nothing to worry about. :haha:

Floyd93
07-09-2009, 01:29 PM
lol wut? did you just make that up, or did you see it happen?

why is a pregnant girl at a hardcore show?
didn't you guys learn anything from mr. holland's opus?
only classical music is good for babies.

No it actually happened. She thought she would be safe in the very back but we saw how that turned out. The guy who pushed her is this douchebag from a Louisville hardcore band called Hard Life. He got what was coming to him later on :)

recklessnick
07-09-2009, 02:13 PM
hardcore is all about beating people up. so man up, pussies

Floyd93
07-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Well look at the story I just told. Was he justified in doing that?

recklessnick
07-09-2009, 11:54 PM
as long as you're wearing mesh shorts, everything is justified

Floyd93
07-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Haha of course. It's a must.

http://thumbs.imagekind.com/member/feeec489-775e-4e24-ae7c-08bc90309d75/uploadedartwork/650X650/9eddfc56-ae0c-4b09-a728-1ea6e9737615.jpg

andyq777
07-10-2009, 12:52 AM
hateblood is my fav band

brandon369852
07-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Don't really have a problem with anyone. I'll get along with pretty much anyone.