Wallaby! the musical (melodic math metal?)(WIP)(GP5,4)(C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : Wallaby! the musical (melodic math metal?)(WIP)(GP5,4)(C4C)

Psychaberration
07-09-2009, 05:26 PM
I... don't know how to categorize this but i really like the idea of it. It's in 2 parts, wallaby! is the intro for all intents and purposes and d major awesomes is somewhere in the middle, i haven't filled in the cracks for the 2 to meet yet. the drums arent all done and neither is the bass and some stuff is just laying around. also not all the transitions are solidified yet so if any transitions feel weird let me know! thats what im most worried about.

EDIT: big update a few posts lower

EDIT2: Even bigger update near the bottom

szekelymihai
07-09-2009, 05:58 PM
sounds weird dude, i dont listen to stuff like this. sounds more like random notes most of the time

Psychaberration
07-09-2009, 06:37 PM
sounds weird dude, i dont listen to stuff like this. sounds more like random notes most of the time

well its not random, but it sure can sound like it to everyone but the writer :haha: . it's not for everyone i know that much.

szekelymihai
07-09-2009, 06:53 PM
well its not random, but it sure can sound like it to everyone but the writer :haha: . it's not for everyone i know that much.
i agree with that, and i didnt say IT IS random :p: just not my style.
And i dont even expect any C4C for that ;)

Psychaberration
08-12-2009, 12:53 AM
I made a bunch of changes, still not even close to done, I just wanna know if anyone but me likes this stuff. most is still flexible n such so make any suggestions :)

Darkworker
08-12-2009, 03:56 AM
I even got lost inside that song. xD
Well, it's not my style, but it sure has some quality.
I reallly like the part from bar 17 to bar 38. Thats amazing!
And the ending part is preatty cool, but I think you should ad some bass and drums there.

mtgold83
08-12-2009, 08:19 AM
yea this is definatly like.. Melodic Mathcore... Which is very unique...
Never really been done according to my book. Very good job dude. 9.5/10. Dont got much to crit on. make a real nice ending and this could be the start of a new branch of Mathcore :o.

Crit mine perhaps?http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181112

Psychaberration
08-13-2009, 03:17 AM
yea this is definatly like.. Melodic Mathcore... Which is very unique...
Never really been done according to my book. Very good job dude. 9.5/10. Dont got much to crit on. make a real nice ending and this could be the start of a new branch of Mathcore :o.

Crit mine perhaps?http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181112

it's been done almost the same way a few times, but i'm different enough to still be something totally unique i hope :). If you wanna listen into this kinda stuff the best bands are canvas solaris, the f*cking champs, animals as leaders, and scale the summit.

dalcow24
08-15-2009, 08:46 PM
different pretty much sums these 2 pieces up....althought i dont think it sounds random...i like it...its just not my style...there are some parts in here that i do like...most of it to me is just weird....but, overall i enjoyed it..

Psychaberration
11-22-2009, 05:48 PM
BUMP FOR BIG UPDATE: it's almost completely done now, save for a few key and bass parts i havent decided on yet. and i figure i may just throw in a few other samples of things im working on for the hell of it :)