Something New [GP5.2/4]

PDA

View Full Version : Something New [GP5.2/4]

Sum41DudeRob
07-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Just completed this yesterday. Uhh, just looking for some advice to fix the repetitiveness of it all.

Msu_Man04
07-10-2009, 03:38 PM
In all actuality, this isn't that repetitive, just the verses. You may want to speed it up, or maybe speed it up just a little and make the drums faster, they sound like they're in full half-time mode. XD. [I posted how I think the drums sound better]

The verses are a little empty, but I'm sure vocals could fill that out. The song kinda sounds like it's begging for a really strange solo. One with less speed... maybe multiple guitars not harmonizing, but complimenting eachother... I dunno. The whole thing kinda reminds me of Muse combined with Metallica.

Lucas Townshend
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I though it was really good,but the outro needed a solo so I put one there,some pentatonic stuff...Just let me figure out how to attach files and I'll edit this post.
Edit:There you go,the file was too big so I just copied the outro

Sum41DudeRob
07-27-2009, 12:33 PM
I though it was really good,but the outro needed a solo so I put one there,some pentatonic stuff...Just let me figure out how to attach files and I'll edit this post.
Edit:There you go,the file was too big so I just copied the outro
Hey man, that was great!

icronic
07-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Great song,

Msu_Man's suggestions for the drums and Lucas's idea for the outro are both definitely worth considering.

I"m assuming it's written for RSE. If it's not then ignore this paragraph :) Anyway, I found there were times when the kick was a little weak sounding, especially with that rather obnoxious chinese cymbal in there. Try doubling up on the kick in the breakdown and the choruses - stack both 35 and 36 in other words. You can also try doing it with the snare as well which is 38 and 40. it might not hurt to drop the volume of that chinese cymbal either. You can do that with the little volume buttoms at the top right of the screen (ppp through fff) although it'll be a massive pain in the ass :)

I almost think it could be a hair faster too. Not much though, maybe 4-6bpm more at most.

The repetitiveness didn't bother me at all, and it'll also be a non-issue if you add a vocal melody or an instrumental melody.