Two Short Songs

PDA

View Full Version : Two Short Songs

jimmyled
07-11-2009, 12:30 PM
GP5, GP4 and MIDI.
I still don't have a name for the first one, so any help will be appreciated, and of course, what do you think of it?'
They're meant to be interludes, so they're short on purpose.
C4C
Edit: Just found out how to attach stuff.

MattAnderson111
07-11-2009, 05:51 PM
I listen to the one entitled "Bleh"

Lol.

It was really cool, it'd fit into like, a progressive death song.

It kind of reminds me of the interlude in Black Gold Reign by All Shall Perish

9/10

jimmyled
07-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I listen to the one entitled "Bleh"

Lol.

It was really cool, it'd fit into like, a progressive death song.

It kind of reminds me of the interlude in Black Gold Reign by All Shall Perish

9/10
Thanks! Do you have a name for it?

MattAnderson111
07-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks! Do you have a name for it?

...No.

:sad:

jimmyled
07-11-2009, 06:22 PM
...No.

:sad:
Too bad... Never-mind... Damnit you asshole! I'm gonna kill you!

defiance64
07-11-2009, 06:30 PM
I thought it was really good, the only part I didn't like was measure 10, it seemed uncreative and plain. The rest was great, nice choice of scale btw. =]

9/10

jimmyled
07-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I thought it was really good, the only part I didn't like was measure 10, it seemed uncreative and plain. The rest was great, nice choice of scale btw. =]

9/10
Thanks! I'm assuming you're talking about the Blah one.

Amuro Jay
07-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Free was a pretty nice airy tune. I could see it working as a break in an album right after a really epic positive-sounding track. Maybe it could fade into something with the same chord progression.

The untitled one sounds like it could be a break right before a really aggressive track. Something with a brutal feel to it. Some creative ideas here. Maybe you could write a concept album with these interludes in it.

jimmyled
07-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Free was a pretty nice airy tune. I could see it working as a break in an album right after a really epic positive-sounding track. Maybe it could fade into something with the same chord progression.

The untitled one sounds like it could be a break right before a really aggressive track. Something with a brutal feel to it. Some creative ideas here. Maybe you could write a concept album with these interludes in it.
Thanks! I actually wanted to use free in a concept album, as it has this kind of concept feeling, but more Rock-ish, something like Pink Floyd. I might use the other one for your idea.

jbridge90
07-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Ok so I think these are the ones you wanted me to critique. The link you posted on my thread just sent me back to my thread haha.

Well I'm going to start with Blah. I really REALLY enjoyed it, even though it was so short. As for the name, when it was playing, it reminded me of a scene from a horror movie, where someone who was rational suddenly goes crazy, and starts offing bitches. Or when theres a major plot twist, and someone you thought was a trusted friend turned out to be someone who wants to end your life. So maybe you could name it something like Descent Into Madness?

As for the other song, Free, even though its quite simple, it gives a very relaxed vibe to the listener, and its very soothing.

Overall, these are very nice interludes, from different sides of an emotional spectrum(if you ask me), and if i were to include these on an album, one would open the album, and the other would end it.

jimmyled
07-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Ok so I think these are the ones you wanted me to critique. The link you posted on my thread just sent me back to my thread haha.

Well I'm going to start with Blah. I really REALLY enjoyed it, even though it was so short. As for the name, when it was playing, it reminded me of a scene from a horror movie, where someone who was rational suddenly goes crazy, and starts offing bitches. Or when theres a major plot twist, and someone you thought was a trusted friend turned out to be someone who wants to end your life. So maybe you could name it something like Descent Into Madness?

As for the other song, Free, even though its quite simple, it gives a very relaxed vibe to the listener, and its very soothing.

Overall, these are very nice interludes, from different sides of an emotional spectrum(if you ask me), and if i were to include these on an album, one would open the album, and the other would end it.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Yes these are the ones.
Well anyway, about Blah, that sounds about right, as I wrote it just after watching a movie about Marilyn Monroe, a very crazy person indeed. Well thanks!
About Free, yeah that's the idea of the song. Thanks for your review!

b4ssfr34k
07-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I thought they would both be very fitting intros for songs. I also think that Blah sounds like it should be the new guitar pro opening riff, lol

aceral1715
07-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Free: This one has a nice feel to it. The constant open G kind of helps connect everything in some small way.

Blah: I had a whole idea of time in my head when I listened to this, so maybe a name around that? Not much to crit on this one, but maybe you could give the strings a little melody to play simultaneously or something? Other than that, theres the very last little riff that really nice, but too short.

Btw, Thanks for the crit on my album, sorry about the lack of detail :P

jimmyled
07-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Free: This one has a nice feel to it. The constant open G kind of helps connect everything in some small way.

Blah: I had a whole idea of time in my head when I listened to this, so maybe a name around that? Not much to crit on this one, but maybe you could give the strings a little melody to play simultaneously or something? Other than that, theres the very last little riff that really nice, but too short.

Btw, Thanks for the crit on my album, sorry about the lack of detail :P
Thanks! Your album was really great. I will think of a name, and use your idea perhaps.

Bigaxmax
07-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Free:
Nice little interlude. Very calm, so I wouldnt ruin it by leading it in or out of something rockish etc. but overall nice to listen too. It would be pretty cool to maybe hear something over that aswell. Nice open sound to it and not in your face at all. I made a little change that I think makes it fit the rhythm better, you maybe tried this at first and decided not to, but it sounds a little cut off to me otherwise. 8/10

Blah:
Very fancy. Personally, alot more entertaining and interesting than free. It is so short perhaps that I think it is a shame to have it end so quickly... maybe a change of key or something and some more of that time signature mess around and its definately a brilliant intro/outro to a more dark track. That said, it would be awesome to hear it as itself if you expand on it more greatly, as a proper interlude as you said. Very catchy ideas. 9.5/10

Thanks for the crit btw :p:

jimmyled
07-14-2009, 04:01 AM
Free:
Nice little interlude. Very calm, so I wouldnt ruin it by leading it in or out of something rockish etc. but overall nice to listen too. It would be pretty cool to maybe hear something over that aswell. Nice open sound to it and not in your face at all. I made a little change that I think makes it fit the rhythm better, you maybe tried this at first and decided not to, but it sounds a little cut off to me otherwise. 8/10

Blah:
Very fancy. Personally, alot more entertaining and interesting than free. It is so short perhaps that I think it is a shame to have it end so quickly... maybe a change of key or something and some more of that time signature mess around and its definately a brilliant intro/outro to a more dark track. That said, it would be awesome to hear it as itself if you expand on it more greatly, as a proper interlude as you said. Very catchy ideas. 9.5/10

Thanks for the crit btw :p:
Thanks! Free is meant to go after a soft rock Pink Floyd style track, so the new one, although it was kick-ass, and funny too BTW (especially the BREEE!!! at the end, I could really imagine it), doesn't really fit in. I still have no idea what to use "Blah" for, or how to name it.

Bigaxmax
07-14-2009, 05:15 AM
Thanks! Free is meant to go after a soft rock Pink Floyd style track, so the new one, although it was kick-ass, and funny too BTW (especially the BREEE!!! at the end, I could really imagine it), doesn't really fit in. I still have no idea what to use "Blah" for, or how to name it.

Ahh, nah it was just a complete joke xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0K3eBuoZw8
The only thing I seriously meant was the last little beat of the actual interlude xD It had the chord kick in 2 beats into the 'last' bar, but I thought it would fit nicer in its own bar as a draw out.

I think you should wait until later to name blah, if you name it now you might be forced to write stuff around that because you found a cool name.. its always worth leaving it out till you've found its true meaning :D

Hope I've helped :)

jimmyled
07-14-2009, 03:38 PM
I think you should wait until later to name blah, if you name it now you might be forced to write stuff around that because you found a cool name.. its always worth leaving it out till you've found its true meaning :D

Hope I've helped :)
I kinda guessed it was a joke :p: . Anyway thanks for the advice! But I prefer it the original way, yours is a little stretched out IMO.

bac738
09-03-2009, 10:17 PM
you should name it beyond

Joshe_009
10-08-2009, 02:07 AM
I thought they were nice little peices of music - they were calm and soothing. However, it's probably just my interest of genre, but I found them a little boring, even for short peices. Although, I reckon they'd be fairly fun to play on the guitar.

Overall
7.5/10

24WildRovers
10-08-2009, 08:39 AM
I thought it was mediocre and very generic :( Try Again

jimmyled
11-18-2009, 11:06 AM
I thought it was mediocre and very generic :( Try Again
No I'm not trying again (at least for "Free"). Simplicity isn't necessarily bad, especially in interludes such as these.