Its Not a Riot, Its Rage [GP5,GP4,MIDI] PostHardcore.

PDA

View Full Version : Its Not a Riot, Its Rage [GP5,GP4,MIDI] PostHardcore.

JesseBlanchard
07-12-2009, 07:07 AM
Influenced by Dance Gavin Dance and As Cities Burn as you can prob tell.

Anyone that knows how awesome Johnny Craig's voice is would know what I mean by the Johhny Craig bit. And how much his voice would suit it haha.

C4C

saberrocks
07-12-2009, 07:16 AM
Sounds cool ;)

jbridge90
07-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I really like the ringing melodies in the verse. My only complaint about this is that I think the verse lasted just a tiny bit too long. The song seems so chaotic, but it still seems to work out ok. The bass was a nice touch in most places, especially in the post chorus. The spokenword sounded beautiful. I really like the melody you chose for that part and right after. The drum roll sounded horrible, but thats just guitar pro. The drum part with the double bass was pretty cool. You wrote some really cool melodies for this song, and the structure was really good. You should record this when you can.

Do you think you could critique some of my work?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20673195#post20673195

J-Edit: I don't listen to most post-hardcore so don't take anything I say too personally haha

Tom9106
07-12-2009, 10:26 PM
This was pretty much awesome.

the ringing out intro caught me right away, and when the second guitar came in, it turned for the better.

Then the next riff came in and i really enjoyed this riff. probably one of my favourites in the song.

Good catchy chorus. I liked the progression and the lead.

This next part was pretty epic aswell. fit right in perfectly.

The clean spokenword bit was okay, but with vocals over the top itd be really effective.

The soft singing part was good. i liked the clean lead and the constant snare hits. good stuff.

The johnny craig bit was rad. I agree with you, he has jesus in his voice haha.

The outro was real cool, but the contant slides sounded awful on guitar pro, im sure on a real guitar theyd work.

Good song though man, 9 out of 10 for sure.

cirt mine if you want http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1150048

andrew12398
07-12-2009, 10:40 PM
15-16 reminded me of part of a Circa Survive riff, I just can't remember what one.

It's a pretty catchy song, keep it up.

9.5/10, I love these kinds of riffs.

Niko_k
07-13-2009, 03:23 AM
The ringing at the start was very thought provoking. More stuff like this in different points of other songs will help solidify a style. When I'm more awake I'll do a full review but I'm not necessarily informed in this genre...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161807

MattAnderson111
07-13-2009, 12:20 PM
This song was pretty damn catchy

The verse riff is decent, nothing amazing.

The intro rhythm is really good, I don't know why, but I like it alot.

The drums for that section are really good to, awesome job.

The simplicity of the chorus lead is mind boggling, yet it still works.

For the first half of bar 59, i thought DANCE PARTY!!, but....i was mistaken. :sad:

I hate spokenword parts in songs, but the clean was pretty nice.

The Johnny Craig part was pretty awesome, I dont even know who that is, but the little diddly riff made it seem cool.

Outro was okay, nothing special.

I usually dislike this genre, but certain songs make it listenable. Overall I'll give it an 8/10

andrew12398
07-13-2009, 12:34 PM
This song was pretty damn catchy

The verse riff is decent, nothing amazing.

The intro rhythm is really good, I don't know why, but I like it alot.

The drums for that section are really good to, awesome job.

The simplicity of the chorus lead is mind boggling, yet it still works.

For the first half of bar 59, i thought DANCE PARTY!!, but....i was mistaken. :sad:

I hate spokenword parts in songs, but the clean was pretty nice.

The Johnny Craig part was pretty awesome, I dont even know who that is, but the little diddly riff made it seem cool.

Outro was okay, nothing special.

I usually dislike this genre, but certain songs make it listenable. Overall I'll give it an 8/10
Lol, the disco beat came out of nowhere.

Johnny Craig is the lead singer of Emarosa and the ex-singer of Dance Gavin Dance

jimmyled
07-13-2009, 02:14 PM
C4C? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161997)
I really liked the verse. The lead guitar on it was really nice. The intro riff was nice, but the verse was better. Second verse was also really nice. The strumming in the chorus was pretty annoying, except for the triplets and everything, which were really good, and the chords were nice. Postchorus was a little generic. Spoken Word and Soft Singing were the best parts in the song. The "epic" part wasn't as epic as the Bridges. Outro was pretty annoying, until track 1 kicked in.