The last time I'll ever bother you guys for a while with my stupid posts...

PDA

View Full Version : The last time I'll ever bother you guys for a while with my stupid posts...

TonyIommi2557
07-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Critique on the solo?

whalepudding
07-13-2009, 07:43 AM
.gp5 doesn't work

jimmyled
07-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Give us a link (valid)!

TonyIommi2557
07-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Crap! Will edit! One of my friends got it before, and they got some strange French Error.

TonyIommi2557
07-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Bump!

afterthewar
07-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Twas okay. Solo was pretty good. Bad ending though. Other guitar was boring. Shaker gave me a headache. It needs bass too. Nice job though.

TonyIommi2557
07-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Twas okay. Solo was pretty good. Bad ending though. Other guitar was boring. Shaker gave me a headache. It needs bass too. Nice job though.
Eh, all I'm really worried about is the solo. If the solo's good, huzzah!

TonyIommi2557
07-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Bump again.

jimmyled
07-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Bump again.
The GP4 worked, but the 5 didn't. The French error. And Bumping is against the rules. Since you're only interested in the Solo it was great, though the rhythm didn't match some of the time which kinda ruined it.
C4C? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161997)

icronic
07-14-2009, 07:30 PM
At the risk of repeating myself. It was a great solo. The drums were very annoying, and the rhythm was mildly annoying, but the solo itself was great, and there's been definite improvement comparing this one to the other ones you posted previously.

The only thing I can think that could be improved is the ending. It feels slightly anti-climactic compared to the rest of the solo. You might consider squeezing a few more notes in there between the emphasized notes to create a little bit of movement. You might also try some slow bends up to the notes you're hitting instead of directly hitting each note.

Now. Start posting some songs to go with your solos :)

TonyIommi2557
07-14-2009, 10:04 PM
At the risk of repeating myself. It was a great solo. The drums were very annoying, and the rhythm was mildly annoying, but the solo itself was great, and there's been definite improvement comparing this one to the other ones you posted previously.

The only thing I can think that could be improved is the ending. It feels slightly anti-climactic compared to the rest of the solo. You might consider squeezing a few more notes in there between the emphasized notes to create a little bit of movement. You might also try some slow bends up to the notes you're hitting instead of directly hitting each note.

Now. Start posting some songs to go with your solos :)

Much thanks, man! The actual structure of the song is much different with my original band (Likewise for drums, don't know crap about them, and rhythm's getting switched up between it all). That's pretty much just a basic layout of it, it'll be switched up later, I was just asked to write out a solo, and I came up with that in 30-60 minutes or so.

The thing is with all music I write, I just try to write out basic parts to them (Like this), and always add on to them when I actually get around to playing them, but I usually don't add little tidbits like those to my tabs.