Favortie/Best Hardcore Release of '09 So Far

PDA

View Full Version : Favortie/Best Hardcore Release of '09 So Far

handbanana
07-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Title says it all.

Silenced7
07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Old Crows/Young Cardinals was probably my fav release...simply because it's alexisonfire. Even if they are no longer that same southern ontario hardcore/screamo band we once knew....they are doing what they feel is right.

pmeg568c
07-16-2009, 12:03 PM
geez i can't even remember what came out this year right now. i remember that i jammed the new iron age album wicked hard.

but nothing else matter because when converge's new album comes out it will **** all over everything.

tdrules
07-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Architects- Hollow Crown
no questions

IcePh0enix
07-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Here are some of my favorties (many of which aren't really hardcore):

Pulling Teeth - Paranoid Delusions/Paradise Illusions
Loma Prieta - Dark Mountain
ISIS - Wavering Radiant
mewithoutYou - It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream! It's Alright

I haven't been able to listen to new TUI yet, but I'm sure it breaks faces. New Converge and BTBAM are going to be the best.

willingvictim
07-16-2009, 12:10 PM
but nothing else matter because when converge's new album comes out it will **** all over everything.

Agreed

I'm gonna go with the new TUI or the new Mother of Mercy

handbanana
07-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Agreed

I'm gonna go with the new TUI or the new Mother of Mercy

Yeah these two are definitley on my list along with new Iron Age, Paint It Black and Title Fight

If I had to pick one as being the best though it would probably be Iron Age. The Sleeping Eye is so good.

runx2xthehills
07-16-2009, 12:23 PM
i personally really liked the Set Your Goals "This Will Be The Death of Us" CD..

and Jungle Juice... i dont remember if their coming out with one later this year or not.

handbanana
07-16-2009, 12:29 PM
set your goals released a cd?
i know they had new songs on myspace but i didn't hear anything about a release yet, or atleast i didn't think it was out yet

ColdDarkHeart
07-16-2009, 12:33 PM
i know they had new songs on myspace but i didn't hear anything about a release yet, or atleast i didn't think it was out yet

Yeah it leaked the other day, it's not great but it's not crap, if you get me.

there is a cringe moment with that twat hayley williams in one of the songs.

new TUI is amazing.

willingvictim
07-16-2009, 12:33 PM

its on doto

JxD
07-16-2009, 12:40 PM
I've enjoyed:
Ghostlimb/Fischer split (Ghostlimb's side is astonishingly good)
New Trainwreck album
The leak of the Shook Ones album
Punch- s/t
Pulling Teeth- Paranoid Delusions/Paradise Illusions

IcePh0enix
07-16-2009, 12:42 PM
I've enjoyed:
Ghostlimb/Fischer split (Ghostlimb's side is astonishingly good)
New Trainwreck album
The leak of the Shook Ones album
Punch- s/t
Pulling Teeth- Paranoid Delusions/Paradise Illusions
Ooh I forgot this one.

handbanana
07-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah it leaked the other day, it's not great but it's not crap, if you get me.

there is a cringe moment with that twat hayley williams in one of the songs.

new TUI is amazing.

whats wrong with hayley williams? she's hot

Okeefe Is Legit
07-16-2009, 01:23 PM
whats wrong with hayley williams? she's hot

eyes set to kill vocalist > hayley

handbanana
07-16-2009, 01:24 PM

never seen her

recklessnick
07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
final fight - half head full shred

MustangMan311
07-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Hayley Williams is a beautiful and enchanting songstress who plucks my heart strings like she was Herman Ri.

Anyway, I'd say...

(Pop Punk?) Hardcore?
Set Your Goals - This Will Be The Death Of Us

(Metallic) Hardcore?
Reign Supreme - Testing the Limits of Infinite
Advent's new album is going to rule, as well

Metalcore?
August Burns Red - Constellations
BTBAM's new album will be the best album of the year, hands down

Rock? Other?
He is Legend - It Hates You
The Number 12 Looks Like You - Worse Than Alone

IlikeTheSKA
07-16-2009, 02:15 PM
As of right now, I'd say the new TUI. And this

handbanana
07-16-2009, 02:20 PM
As far as local stuff goes, the Daylight Demo is so good.

12shinn21
07-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Shook Ones album, Title fight new songs, Gray Ghost album.

Plus I'm looking forward to new polar bear club, btbam and converge.

chris_122
07-16-2009, 08:55 PM
NFG
Pulling Teeth
Punch

Cedence
07-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Swamp Thing - In Shame
seriously, this album ****ing rips. Anyone who hasnt checked it out needs to do so

also:

The Nasty - Graves
Title Fight - The Last Thing You Forget

The new Revenge LP will tear off heads as well. Just got back from a 10 day tour with these dudes, incredible band. Also heard some demo tracks from the new Carrier LP, beyond incredible.

Anxiously awaiting new stuff from Polar Bear Club, Crime in Stereo, In Remembrance, and more that I can't think of at the moment

recklessnick
07-17-2009, 01:41 AM
final fight, assholes!

Cedence
07-17-2009, 10:10 AM
final fight, assholes!
wasn't that 2008?

boffen
07-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Architects - Hollow Crown
TDWP - With Roots Above and Branches Below
Born of Osiris - A Higher Place

handbanana
07-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Swamp Thing - In Shame
seriously, this album ****ing rips. Anyone who hasnt checked it out needs to do so

also:

The Nasty - Graves
Title Fight - The Last Thing You Forget

The new Revenge LP will tear off heads as well. Just got back from a 10 day tour with these dudes, incredible band. Also heard some demo tracks from the new Carrier LP, beyond incredible.

Anxiously awaiting new stuff from Polar Bear Club, Crime in Stereo, In Remembrance, and more that I can't think of at the moment

was at your show in upper darby, revenge was awesome

xRenegadEx
07-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Darkest Hour - The Eternal Return

RPExecutor
07-17-2009, 04:22 PM

wholehearted agreement, after seeing that brief "new song" vid they made. sweet fancy moses.

brandon369852
07-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Title Fight's and Punch's, only because I was reminded of them from this thread. I can't even remember.

ABR's new one is apparently good, so I'll probably check that out.

Veil Of Osiris
07-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Between The Buried And Me.

It hasn't even been released yet, but I'm sure it will be the best. As of right now, however, I'm really digging August Burns Red's new one.

Haymaker17
07-17-2009, 05:30 PM
converge's album is already the best release this year

edit: yes handbanana daylights ep is really good too

Squifey
07-17-2009, 06:10 PM
TUI.

Mother of Mercy might be best too, but due to the new vocal style, I haven't really listened to it.

brandon369852
07-17-2009, 07:37 PM
^I love Mother of Mercy's new album. I forgot to mention them.

Cedence
07-17-2009, 08:24 PM
was at your show in upper darby, revenge was awesome
haha, quite the strange show. our singer was getting a stick and poke tattoo in the kitchen. cool basement though

TheReverend724
07-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Arsonists Get All the Girls' new cd had some cool stuff on it

I also think SYG's new cd is fantastic

I havent checked out constellations yet but i probably will seeing how much i liked messengers

Vandals572
07-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Not hardcore but it belongs in this forum: Born of Osiris - A Higher Place

fvcking awesome album

handbanana
07-17-2009, 11:17 PM
haha, quite the strange show. our singer was getting a stick and poke tattoo in the kitchen. cool basement though

yeah was hoping it would be bigger, and was surprised that those kids actualy moshed that basement(and broke the air conditioner). kinda got the vibe like i was at an emmure show, but everyone i talked to was pretty friendly since the only people i knew were the two dudes i came with and cut short, if you didn't know the dude who did guest vox during cut short was willingvictim who posts on here(singer of burdens).

I was actually upstairs while you guys played cause I thought it was a different band playing. :( but will definately be around next time you guys are in town cause i like what i hear from the songs on your space.

Cedence
07-18-2009, 12:23 AM
yeah was hoping it would be bigger, and was surprised that those kids actualy moshed that basement(and broke the air conditioner). kinda got the vibe like i was at an emmure show, but everyone i talked to was pretty friendly since the only people i knew were the two dudes i came with and cut short, if you didn't know the dude who did guest vox during cut short was willingvictim who posts on here(singer of burdens).

I was actually upstairs while you guys played cause I thought it was a different band playing. :( but will definately be around next time you guys are in town cause i like what i hear from the songs on your space.
no worries dude, it was hot as balls down there. I actually missed the last band because I didn't feel like having a heat stroke.

Cut Short was sweet though, I talked to one of the dudes from that band after our set for a bit.

handbanana
07-18-2009, 11:12 AM
yeah we left before the last band, cause i had to drive my friends back to the city and then drive myself back out to the suburbs, on top of having work the next day(only to drive back to the city for that). but yeah all the cut short dudes are awesome. i'm going to see floorpunch today with two of them. you guys sounded cool from the dudes bedroom upstairs lol(all the bands probably sounded better upstairs cause that basement was so horrible)

willingvictim
07-18-2009, 11:12 AM
cut short sucks

IlikeTheSKA
07-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Between The Buried And Me.

It hasn't even been released yet, but I'm sure it will be the best.
Neither has the new Converge album. And already Converge has **** all over everything, including anything BTBAM could do.

RPExecutor
07-18-2009, 05:17 PM
^ i actually have to agree on that one, i love BTBAM but honestly, Converge just way outclasses them. can't wait for their '09 release.

Converge outclasses everything else save Botch and Black Flag, however, so meh.

kryptonite22
07-18-2009, 05:49 PM
fuck, ive missed a ton already this year. ima have to check some of the ones i missed out.

Frosted Flakes
07-19-2009, 02:11 AM
So far?
Worse Than Alone - The Number Twelve Looks Like You

Looking forward to BtBaM's new album of course, also Converge. If DEP releases something this year, I'll be happy.

MustangMan311
07-19-2009, 02:15 AM
http://www.bookschristian.com/images/products/1111171_b.jpg

EndTheRapture51
07-19-2009, 05:35 AM
The song Damocles by Fightstar.

handbanana
07-19-2009, 01:18 PM
I also think a lot of people are sleeping on Paint It Blacks new EP "Amnesia". These tracks are pretty good. If you haven't listened to it, do it.

master_exploder
07-19-2009, 05:07 PM

:down:

the guy who said hollow crown by architects is spot on :)

and im listening to set your goals new album now, and im impressed :D

some other good albums that have been released are Adelphia by A Skylit Drive, Constellations by August Burns Red and Apologies Are For The Weak by Miss May I

handbanana
07-19-2009, 05:08 PM
:down:

the guy who said hollow crown by architects is spot on :)

and im listening to set your goals new album now, and im impressed :D

some other good albums that have been released are Adelphia by A Skylit Drive, Constellations by August Burns Red and Apologies Are For The Weak by Miss May I

why do i even bother specifying myself in the title? oh well

jonnowev
07-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Probably the new Evita album. =]

hxcsavedmylife
07-20-2009, 04:04 AM
My Three favorite releases this year

-August burns red: Constellations
-Alexisonfire: Old Crows/Young Cardinals
-For Today: Portraits

Hands Down. Hands ****ing Down.

Chucklehead
07-29-2009, 12:41 AM
The newest Grave Maker is pretty sweet.

BGSM
07-29-2009, 05:14 AM
Anchor - First Year, hands down for me. Can't wait for Converge's new album too.

BassNewbie
07-29-2009, 11:19 AM
and Jungle Juice... i dont remember if their coming out with one later this year or not

for real?!?!? their from my area, my former band are buddie buddies with them

Frenzied
07-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Naysayer - No Remorse
Iron Age - The Sleeping Eye
Trapped Under Ice - Secrets of the World

Honorable Mention: DBD, PIB, Reign Supreme, Rotting Out, On, Death Threat

IcePh0enix
07-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Holy **** I can not believe I slept on the new Title Fight for so long. Sooooooo good.

recklessnick
07-29-2009, 02:30 PM
new final fight is still best of 2009 for me.

Cedence
07-29-2009, 03:11 PM
new final fight is still best of 2009 for me.
That record came out in 2008

Internal Chaos
07-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Title Fight. Mark My Words EP comes out next month and anyone who has heard the pre-songs will know it's going to fucking slaaay

BGSM
07-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Really looking forward to Mark My Words. Where can you get the pre-songs?

Internal Chaos
07-30-2009, 01:15 AM
It's just on the MySpace, if you can't wait the month for the album, used www.file2hd.com to get the new tracks.

BGSM
07-30-2009, 03:59 AM
Thanks, haha stupid that I didn't even think of that :haha: I can wait though. When did The Last Thing You Forget come out? If that was 2009 that'd be one of my favourite releases.

Again, Anchors First Year:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/xvasyax/cvrs/anchor_small.jpg

JustMimes
07-30-2009, 01:27 PM

As much as I like old Converge, I thought No Heroes was boring.. not expecting much from the new one.

Graf Orlock - Destination Time Today
Harm's Way - Reality Approaches

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Agorapocalypse is pretty damn good based on first listens too.

So much I still haven't fully listened to.. like Fall of Efrafa, the Ghostlimb split, HWC/Phoenix Bodies Split, Comadre (was kind of a letdown on my first listen), Trainwreck, MAMMOTH GRINDER (almost guaranteed to be my AOTY when I finally hear it..), Hatred Surge, The Catalyst, and judging by this thread I should listen to the new Iron Age...