[c4c] Without Remorse - deathcore/metal?(gp5/gp4/midi)

PDA

View Full Version : [c4c] Without Remorse - deathcore/metal?(gp5/gp4/midi)

cptazad
07-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Wrote it after work today, took about 2 and a half hours to get the whole thing right.

And yes, this is a total guitar pro song, I did not actually write the riffs on guitar, I don't usually write in this style but once in a while it can be fun.

Enjoy, c4c as always.

:peace:

PLEASE TURN OFF RSE BEFORE PLAYING!

edit: Added lyrics, enjoy!

metalhead805
07-16-2009, 11:10 PM
tight

StewieSwan
07-17-2009, 10:32 AM
^ Get the hell out of here with that.

On to the crit:

Intro is good I like the riff. I'm a sucker for diminished.
The change to the chorus was a little akward going from straight notes to triplets.
I didn't really care for the chorus leads. They were just kinda there.
The drums for the breakdown were pretty cool.
89 was really cool. I dont normally care for breakdowns but that part was awesome.
Solo was brutal and great except for bars 95-96 and 99-100
Outro was a little abrubt but still good.

jimmyled
07-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Why turn off the RSE? Anyway main riff is ok, probably sounds better in reality. I really liked the Blast Beat the drums did later on. You used the riff too much throughout the song though IMO. Chorus was really good. Post Chorus was amazing. Throughout the songs the drums were amazing. I didn't really like the Breakdown though, except for the harmonized part. Solo was rally weird, but hey, that's not bad! I really liked it. Final Verse was the best verse. On the whole great Black Metal/Deathcore song.
C4C? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161997)

Butt Rayge
07-17-2009, 12:53 PM
^ Get the hell out of here with that.

On to the crit:

Intro is good I like the riff. I'm a sucker for diminished.
The change to the chorus was a little akward going from straight notes to triplets.
I didn't really care for the chorus leads. They were just kinda there.
The drums for the breakdown were pretty cool.
89 was really cool. I dont normally care for breakdowns but that part was awesome.
Solo was brutal and great except for bars 95-96 and 99-100
Outro was a little abrubt but still good.
I agree with pretty much everything here. Except i though the outro was fine. Lyrics were a nice addition, i was actual singing along in my head, and it sounded awesome.

Also, i didn't really care for the breakdown, to be honest, but then, i generally don't...

Care to take a look at mine? I wrote it in much the same way you did... http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1164461
Anyway, info's in the OP.

cptazad
07-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the crits guys!

@Stewie: The change to the chorus is a bit weird but I think it fits. The harmonized leads for post chorus, yup, you guessed it, they're just "there" but shhh, don't tell anyone >_<

@jimmy: thanks man! The main riff def. was used a little too much, the updated version will have a new riff or two to spice it up. Oh and the final verse haha, ;)

@butt rayge: This breakdown was pretty generic, I threw it in there cuz meh, I just did lol. Generally I don't write breakdowns for my band, but when it comes to writing songs for UG I almost always put in a breakdown, don't know why, habit I guess.

I will crit the links that were provided tonight, thanks again guys!

P.S. them lyrics, I wrote them on the spot kind of so I wasn't sure if it was good. Went to bed, got up today, listened to the song and followed along w/ the lyrics, damn, good stuff I must say (as biased as that might sound haha)

Butt Rayge
07-17-2009, 10:07 PM
:haha

Well to be honest, i wasn't so much commenting on the lyrics themselves... Just on how well they went along with the song. Theres a few things i'd change in there... (from memory you had something in there about breaking shins?) ...but only if you didn't wreck the flow of it by doing so.

arcains_valor
08-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Hey, thanks for your crit on Vampire!

I liked the main riff, it's pretty awsome. To be honest, I didn't like the chorus. It just didn't feel right to me and it kinda killed the song, until the main riff started again. Breakdown was awsome. The fast part after it just before the solo was kinda strange, but not bad. I can imagine some All Shall Perish style high pitched screams there. I'm not a huge fan of the solo, the dive at the start of it was awsome though! Outro was okay. I usually like in thius style music a breakdown to end it, but it's ok.

Overall it's a decent song. With an awsome vocalist it could be pretty good.

Again, thanks for your crit!