T&C Post-Hardcore Comp Submissions Thread

PDA

View Full Version : T&C Post-Hardcore Comp Submissions Thread

ninja.kitty
07-17-2009, 02:08 AM
this thread is strictly for submissions.

DO NOT post unless you have an attachment to your song in your post.

if you want to talk about or participate in this comp, go to the main contest thread
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20771045#post20771045

Thomasoman
07-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Finisheddd. Got struck with major inspiration. Might actually take this to my band and do something with it, I'm quite fond. But yeah!

Carl6661
07-21-2009, 01:09 PM
EDIT -

I'm happy with mine, so I put a finished version up.
Good luck everyone. :)

ANOTHER EDIT -

Not mixed for RSE. Make sure you listen in MIDI.
Also - the last 2 bars in the chorus would be an overdub with a guitar in Dropped A#, to get the low chord. I accidently forgot to change the label though, so ignore the fact it says Dropped B.

Rumpy
07-23-2009, 05:43 PM
...and here comes my offering, meaningfully titled "Brophinar Orthorocumlot, Pron?" ;)

tested with gp5.0 rse, sounded okay (some midi-oriented mixes fail epically when confronted with rse)

chromaticvision
07-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Really not sure about the genre but here we go anyways.

lordofthefood1
07-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Mixed for RSE, though I think it sounds fine during MIDI.

I haven't written a "TFOT" song in so long, so I hope I didn't do too many blatant rip offs
(I have a bunch of songs in this category that are much better, but obviously I can't use them because they were posted months ago hah. I wrote the intro like five minutes before I saw the thread and though, "wow, I have to finish this song." I think I way too rushed it, but I wanted to finish it, so yeah)

icronic
08-01-2009, 02:27 PM
As finished as it's going to get. I think I may have shot myself in the foot genre-wise with a couple of my decisions like the chorus and interlude/outro bits. Either way though, I think it's not bad for my first time writing in a new genre that I almost never actually listen to, and it gave me a good excuse to play around with some fun chord ideas.

JUDGES Make sure you open the correct file, as both the midi and RSE are mixed differently, and listening to midi in the RSE mix will just sound plain bad. I'd also really appreciate if you could listen to the RSE mix at least once.

huevos
08-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Here we are.

I *WE* shall speak in a collective tone.
I *WE* don't know why, and I *WE* don't have anything to prove.

Srsly.

In all honesty, I like this song. Idk if I would say it's my magnum opus, but it definitely is one of my best.
JUDGES!!!
I would use midi, as I don't have RSE (I had a compelling urge to say AIDS/HIV).
That's all.

(Wouldn't let me bold and underline judges the first time through).

Of_Wolves
08-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Here ya go.

NOT MIXED FOR RSE! DON'T USE!
[I don't like it anyway hehe]

|_JR_|
08-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Phew... canīt believe I finished this... don't know if I've got the style quite right but I think it came out pretty okay for a 3-day effort (I usually take some 2 weeks to do a full song... xD)

Mixed for MIDI only.

Joe_92
08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Finished at last- its probably not the most post-hardcore song in the world by a long shot but here you go anyway.
Mixed for guitar pro 5 RSE- so use that if at all possible please judges :)

JesseBlanchard
08-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Not my best work, I can write better.

Hes my piece none the less.

Oh, and the title is from what Thomasoman said in the Hippy thread. Thought it sounded like a cool song name.

ninja.kitty
08-05-2009, 04:32 PM
here's mine. i went for a dance gavin dance kinda feel. it's probably sound like post rock in places, and a bit different then what id usually write. but, i threw in some of ph and my own elements :D

edit: it sounds fine in both midi and rse, so dont worry