Thrash Metal style song (GP5, GP4,MIDI) C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Thrash Metal style song (GP5, GP4,MIDI) C4C

British_Steal
07-18-2009, 11:59 PM
This is thrash metal style song I wrote influenced by testament, heathen and some others. The thrash aspect doesnt come through so well in guitar pro, the tone just isnt right but i'm going to be recording this soon. Please tell me what you think, try and be more specific than "that sucked" or " that was good"

C4C also please leave a link to your peice

EDIT

rough version of this on my profile

ObliviousEnd
07-19-2009, 12:18 AM
dude man this song is sick!!The solo was tight,the rhythm guitar section in the intro was good and overall it jsut good man! I play thrash too!!! check out my song, www.myspace.com/dividedskiesnj

Time Bomb
07-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I gotta say that indeed it has a Testament touch in it.
I would work a little bit more on the intro, make it sound a little more heavy.
The verse and the chorus are bone crushing, like the 80's thrash metal.
Once again, the lead section needs some more work, make it sound more metallic, I would add some P.Hs and maybe some bends.
The breakdown really got me going, good work on the groovy style.
The solo was outstanding if you ask me, until bar 137. It has a lot of neo-classical sound in , which I would change and work out.
Same with the outro, I would make it something more groovy like your breakdown for example.
That's my 2 cents, brother.
You are welcome to leave your 2 cents on my thrash metal song that I haven't finished yet.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1165609

Thanks!

kaos572
07-20-2009, 07:01 PM
the intro was too long imo but the riffs are good thrash riffs but the bass was too low when it was doing some good bass lines too. the solo was definately the highlight very good id be amazed to see anyone play that and thats what a solo supposed to make you do. the riff at 201 are really good but the ending is not that good but that might just be GP.
overall its a 4.5/5 very good but not perfect. if that was played live id rattle my head and thats a good thing.

check out my songs in my sig. :D

actaderock
07-20-2009, 08:19 PM
i can easily imagine Dave Mustaine's voice in this

oh and i was really amazed by how the sweep picking fitted the thing.

bnull24
07-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Seriously sick song man, sounds like it could have been written by one of the great thrash bands that we all know. The solo was awesome. I also like the two sixteenth notes thrown into the chorus that change it up a bit from all the eight notes. I know it is a tiny little simple part of the piece, but when I heard it, it really stood out to me.

BotC
07-21-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't expect a C4C for this at all, but, the solo made me smile. Good work.

sporkman7
07-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Looking at the tab, those quick chord changes during the 4th measure of the verse riff are gonna be really hard to pull off reliably. Might wanna find an easier way to play the same chords.

Loved the lead part @ measure 73, but on the repeat, make the fourth measure something different - either a shred or just take the arpeggio higher.

Try using more double bass during the intro (it seemed more like higher tempo doom metal instead of thrash there)

The solo was sick, cant think of anyway to improve that

And try to give the outro more of a cadence. It seems like it just kinda slowed down and stopped. My suggestion would be to build up the tension in the song, and then maybe rest for a couple of beats, and then give it one last E powerchord

Great song altogether though, id give it an 8/10 as it is right now.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1167619

ST Thrash
08-09-2009, 09:12 PM
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/destroyer/

Is my ****. It's not all done some riffs have been changed.
That song's real good. I like the solo. Solid song.

lordofthefood1
08-09-2009, 09:46 PM
but where are the tabs and chords? I can't seem to find any

uncreativelolol
08-09-2009, 11:34 PM
but where are the tabs and chords? I can't seem to find any
Assume s/he removed them in favour of the recording. I'd still like to see the gp file myself :p

Badass song, my man!

lostindasky
08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I thought the intro was ok, the next riff didn't sound very catchy, but that speed riff was awesome.

Song 1's intro reminded me of All Shall Perish's intro to Until the End, is it the song that inspired you?

zigslip
08-29-2009, 05:26 AM
that sounded awesome, i loved the solo too, wonderful note choice during the sweeping section, I'd love to hear a finished product with drums and all.
Should add some reverb/delay to the solo, but that's just my preference, i know some people hate it.
On some of the riffs, mainly the verse, i say throw in some fills, either some lead fills or just throw in some different notes on the rhythm part every 3/4 bar, give it some spice

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191336
There's a song of mine, let me know what you think