6131 records and your favourite labels

PDA

View Full Version : 6131 records and your favourite labels

technicolour
07-20-2009, 11:25 AM
So this thread is inspired by the fact that I just received my copy of Rewind and repeat by Miles away, and Vandalized by Rotting out. Both bands from the aforementioned record label. Loving these bands so far, and I also want to check out Swamp things' newest release "in shame".

Sweet label in general.

What are some of your favourite labels? (and the bands on them, I suppose)

*insert compulsory deathwish and Bridge 9 reply*

handbanana
07-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Bad Seed is the best band on 6131

willingvictim
07-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Bad Seed is the best band on 6131

man, bad seed is not THAT good. rotting out, swamp thing, pressure, and cruel hand are all better than bad seed talent wise and with their live show (though ive never seen pressure). i love bad seed, but they have been sloppy like 4 out of 5 times ive seen them. idk man. band is over hyped. no hate.. just cant take how hyped they are.

and as far as labels go, i cant pick

handbanana
07-20-2009, 11:47 AM
they were pretty tight on saturday and when they played with bracewar last month. while talent wise those bands probably are better since bad seed is pretty generic nyhc. still an awesome band tho imo

JxD
07-20-2009, 11:58 AM
My favorite are Ebullition, XTrueX, Just Say No!, Deep Six, Level Plane, and Revelation (for it's classic stuff).

handbanana
07-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Also there is a huge sticky thread that the top of the forum about labels

SadistNation
07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
adagio 830
625 thrash
slap-a-ham
firestarter
clean plate

GodofCheesecake
07-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Sumerian is probably my favorite label right now. Born of Osiris, The Faceless, After the Burial, Veil of Maya, Circle of Contempt, and Conducting From the Grave all on the same record label? YES PLZ.

Seriously though, practically every band on Sumerian is at least decent, and that's more than I can say for a LOT of record labels.

recklessnick
07-20-2009, 10:43 PM
bridge 9 and deathwish lol

handbanana
07-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Six Feet Under
Run For Cover

saxaxe
07-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Sumerian is probably my favorite label right now. Born of Osiris, The Faceless, After the Burial, Veil of Maya, Circle of Contempt, and Conducting From the Grave all on the same record label? YES PLZ.

Seriously though, practically every band on Sumerian is at least decent, and that's more than I can say for a LOT of record labels.
Sumerian is great (Duh, I promote for them) but there are some TERRIBLE bands on that label. Stick To Your Guns, I See Stars, Agraceful, Creature Feature and Sea Of Treachery? All terrible.

But as far as hardcore goes, I'll be honest and say I don't know much about labels beyond Bridge 9 and Deathwish, but both of those are pretty great and I couldn't pick a favorite.

IcePh0enix
07-21-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm surprised Relapse hasn't been mentioned. It's not strictly hardcore, but it's got some amazing bands on it.

GodofCheesecake
07-21-2009, 12:51 AM
Sumerian is great (Duh, I promote for them) but there are some TERRIBLE bands on that label. Stick To Your Guns, I See Stars, Agraceful, Creature Feature and Sea Of Treachery? All terrible.

I qualified it with the word "practically." :p:

Okay, I'll change it to "at least half the bands are decent." That's still pretty impressive.

Frenzied
07-25-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't understand the obsession with Bad Seed. Rotting Out is my favorite on 6131.

But Foundation is probably my favorite band in hardcore right now.

Also, I've been very impressed with everything I gotten from Reaper. TUI and Naysayer records looked and sounded amazing.

willingvictim
07-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Rotting Out is the hot ****

andyq777
07-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Six Feet Under
Run For Cover

run for cover still hasn't sent me my title fight shirt. other than that i would say there are some sweet bands on that label