T&C Post-Hardcore Judging Thread

PDA

View Full Version : T&C Post-Hardcore Judging Thread

ninja.kitty
07-20-2009, 03:12 PM
It may seem like im making a ridiculous amount of threads, but i think its nice to have everything separated.

now, this thread is for judges scores only. dont post unless you are a judge and are giving your scores.

it is also where i will list exactly how the judges will judge.

this is how it will work: there will be three categories

Creativity (how the writer puts forth his talent and makes the song his own)
Quality (how well the writer makes the song, in sound and structure)
Genre (how well the writer puts forth the spirit of post-hardcore)

the judge will then put down a score 1-10 in each of these categories

then after that, he will combine the three scores, and divide that number by 3 for the final score for that writer.

then after all the judges have judged accordingly, we will simply add all the scores the people have gotten from the judges. the one with the most points, wins. :)

hopefully that made sense to you guys. happy judging :)

remember, dont judge until EVERYONE has posted their song

mtgold83
08-06-2009, 03:36 AM
My scoring chart
1 Writer did not put forth any obvious effort and deserves minimal points
2 Is pathetic
3 Is bad
4 Is okay
5 Is Average
6 Is good
7 Is very good
8 Is great
9 Is Superb
10 Is PERFECT. Aka the chances of someone having a 10 shouldn't be that high. The 1st and second place composers might find themselves receiving a 10 in 1 or at best 2 categories.

PS: to anyone who has a comment or a problem with my judging feel free to send it to me. I wont start a flame war I'll consider your thoughts.

Edit: not rounding decimals anymore to make scoring more accurate.

Ninja.Kitty's Submission Evaluation
Creativity: I really enjoyed your more melodic side of the genre. the instrumentals were pretty unique regardless to it was very Jonny Craig era DGD.
The drums were very nice I liked the beats quite catchy. They were just very unique but remained on beat with the song. The Intro was really creative nice delay effect thing added there. The whole pre-chorus to the breakdown flowed well and the breakdown was surprisingly able to be called creative. Very good use of synth during the second half by the way. I must say I wish you changed up verse 2 a tad bit more but regardless it is still good. The post chorus was a very nice touch the second time around but the synth being as loud as it was made me feel like it was drowned out. Still I liked that. the first two bars of the Outro weren't too unique but they truely preped for a nice outro. Unfortunately I didn't get the outro I wanted and thought would fit but it was still good. But I think it was the least creative part of the song.
To wrap it up you score an 8 in creativity.

Quality: The mixing was a tad drowned out by the synth sometimes and the bass could use a 1 or 2 volume increase overall but you mixed it very well oh and I think the drums also need a slight volume increase. Drums and bass are typically high in the mix for these genres remember that. The note usage, progressions and lead phrasing were very nice. you were very strong in the rhythmical section I must say. The riffs were pretty catchy. Amazing use of melody and dissonance. The chorus was the best part in the melodic side of PHC and the post chorus and breakdowns had a good use of dissonance and dissonant note progression. My only problem with the writing was honestly the end needed to be more emotionally touching. Best part of the song was definatly the breakdown. As i said you were very creative here but it just wowed me honestly.
I am gona over look the mixing because it might of been what you wanted and who am I to tell you how to mix your song if it sounds beautiful?
You defiantly score a 8.5in Song Quality.

Genre: It was pretty post hardcore but you were right not 100% dead on. The mixing was a reason for it. I did not let it effect your song quality rating but I was gona have to make you lose a bit here. Again bass and drums are very present in PHC and modern PHC not so much bass but drums still are very high up in the mix. The synth gave you a nice attack attack PHC feel during the breakdown and a sort of DGD, ASkylitDrive feel where you used synth strings.
Minus the ending I'd say it was instrumentally PHC. The drums MAYBE could of used a tad more double bass. and I think you could of used a tad more of dissonance but you did pretty good here.
Thus you score
a 8 in Genre Accuracy

It was a great song so...
Overall Score: 8.16

JesseBlanchard's Submission Evaluation

Creativity: Very sweet intro had a great groove to it. Drums were not as creative and really didn't feel to match with the groovy feeling you had going. Minus the drumming the intro up to bar 10 was almost perfect in the field of creativity. the dissonant half of the intro was really cool. Not as unique but you kept that sweet groove feel even though you switched to those raw PHC dissonant chords. It just got me in a really angry "groove mosh" mood. (groove mosh here i mean a kinda violent yet very on beat style of dance just feels right here. Not some douche bag Slam dance but like a kinda pushy jumpy dance haha.) I loved the ending half of bar 14 dunno why it was a nice touch. Screaming section sounded like Megaman gone PHC a nice mix here. The Track 2 was weak there tho ):. I didnt like that you brought back the intro. You coulda made a more interesting transition here to the preverse. Preverse was cool but not super creative I liked verse 1 alot tho. A real sweet DGD kinda thing but it almost sounded foreign at times haha it was sweet. Chorus sounded like this sick band I know called Closure in Moscow. Look em up. Your song resembles those guys so much. Verse 2 was sweet a tad too much ringing but thats okay Im skipping to your second middles bc it was a repeat basically. The middles was sweet i liked the electric drumming a lot here.Your breakdown was a tad standard but the lead over it was cool. Bridge 2. Gauranteed Highlight of this song. It was awesome this was perfect except the FINAL bar. ): otherwise right there on its own. just so good. I think you coulda made a better outro rather than that dissonant groove but it did feel right and sounded fine.
This ones hard to decide but i say...
You score a 8.5 in creativity.

Quality:Your use of post hardcore melody and dissonance were great. a tad over use of the same type of dissonant chords but that wont effect you much because they did their job. the groove of the song and the rhythms were just awesome very very complex rhythms made the song. your leads and rhythms were a lot like the band Closure In Moscow Like i said. You should listen to them. They are defiantly a band you'd like if you write like this often. the outro and reuse of that intro were my only real problems with the song writing so you did a good job. So...
in Song Quality you score a 8.5

Genre: You had a real good posthardcore/groove combo going on most of the song. Sometimes nut rare you sounded a tad more like Prog Rock but that was cool when you went into that. Example: Preverse 1.
a 8 in Genre Accuracy

Overall Score: 8.16

Joe_92's Submission Evaluation

Creativity: Ok right off the bat not very creative. Drums were almost pointless and thats a very attack attack! What Happens If I Can't Check Myspace / Chiodos riff. I forget the song name. Im hoping it'll get better. Okay bar 18 it starts getting better the pre-chorus is cool but i need to bring that up later Ok chorus 1 is very cool but needs a lead. It sounds like Alexisonfire rhythms. Ahh heres some creative use Verse 2. Seems like you turned that attack attack riff into your own. Thats what im looking for. I really liked this part. Bridge A is really sweet nice use of melody and hammer ons here. I didnt like Bridge B Final chorus is what all your chorus should have been. Ending was a good use of Bridge As lead.
Creativity Scores a 5

Quality: the quality of the song was okay the drums were kinda bad and off beat at times. The pre chorus was kinda more power metal than posthardcore i'd say your AOF like chorus was very good but could of used a lead. You used the same chord progression many times and that really didnt allow you to do much Best part of the song was Bridge A. That was a very good part. Bridge B was good to but not as good
Song Quality gets a 6.5

Genre: Mostly accurate some parts were a tad just rocky but the parts of your song that were good were the ones that were Posthardcore
You score an 7.5 in Genre Accuracy

Overall Score: 6.33

mtgold83
08-06-2009, 04:49 AM
|_JR_|'s Submission Evaluation
Creativity: Haha this is one of the creepier songs I've heard. Kudos for the mood you put your listeners into. It doesn't sound like mars volta but it has the same effect on your listeners as their music does on theirs. A really trippy, acidy sound with strong use of ambiance and effects. I'd even go as far to say this could be a hole change in the PHC genre but still remained heavilly PHC. I can promise you a good score in creativity :). Ok well the intro just had to really creep me out haha. really strong use of effects being shown in a midi file. Your vocal melody is very out there but in a good way. I could just imagine with some strong intelligent lyrics this could be a really emotional song. Pre chrus my only problem was I would of liked to hear a new lead but thats okay the vocals grabed most the attention. Same thing with prechorus. this was all a good transition in the chorus. I liked your use of fading disonance in the tracks here. People never use fading enough. I also must say your bass is just outstanding very unique. the song almost has a space themed video game feel to it at this point. You have good use of melodies in your rhythms being contrasted by the fading lead I just love it. Haha verse 3... Omfg. I cant say anything except that was major win. Just flawless use of your crazy music side dude. Interlude was a real nice resolution to the craziness of the previous bars. I really liked the drums here to. Now that im relaxed i expect you to bring back the previous bars... and you do so. Sweet. though i'd like to see some more changes up in the song at the chorus' and verse' The ending was a TINY bit weak compared to the rest of the song but regardless you did great in this field.
as i said you'll be happy. You score a 9.5 in creativity.

Quality: The mixing was good. You knew to use bass well and you recognized that strength and put it high in the mix like it should be for this genre. Unfortunately the drums werent loud enough to over come the many tracks used. I would of liked to see that 1 or 2 volumes higher. You could of used some panning during the effects sections to really add something but regardless the mix overall was quite pleasing. You had very very solid progressions and you used all the weapons at you disposal. The song was very intelligently written I must say. I don't have really any enough complaints here or suggestions you could do to improve the song but i'll try. You could of made a better ending i'll be honest but you did well. Drums kinda were meh at verse 3. they were good elsewhere though. Again shoulda been a tad louder but no matter. the prechorus to the final chorus needs to be a tad more of an explosion if you know what i mean? like volumes need to be increased just to add a quick rush of emotion before the song ends. and then you need to add a more powerful and remembered ending. But very good job
You defiantly scored well. 8.5 in Song Quality.

Genre: It was very very very close to posthardcore. If anything a new style of it or a more mars volta lean in through posthardcore. Like personally I'd consider their early stuff post hardcore but some would not and i can see why. this was similar to that. You did an excellant job with the song great use of all the requirements needed to be posthardcore but for many i fear they might not agree with me.
a 7 in Genre Accuracy

It was a great song so...
Overall Score: 8.33

Of_Wolves's Submission Evaluation

Creativity:Right off the start it felt like it was gona be a tad generic. I liked your fade in into the verse. Was a nice thought. Your chorus chord progression was very well thought out. There were a couple cool changes and all but you did repeat the chorus and very too much. Bridge drums = win. really good usage of fading and letting the drums take control. Very nice. The bridge felt like a great epic build up. Just a suggestion have a quieted dub guitar at bars 74 til the chorus intro. have it heavily panned to the left and quieted and use it to shred some disonant or melodic transition riff. I think you needed more parts than just chorus verse bridge. ):. a good outro could of easily been thought of
Creativity - 6.5

Quality: Well i did not like the intro very much at all... Just way over produced. Posthardcore is usually known for its lack of instrumental production except a few over dubs here and there. Very typical generic build, lacked an ending or any real climax except the chorus. The parts of the song minus the intro for me were very well written but you coulda done more. You should of also used more melody and disonance this could be done by adding a clean break and a typical breakdown. I think if you wrote those you would of done very well.
6.5 in Song Quality

Genre: Well you didnt stray off the genre at all except the mixing could of been more typical PHC and you used heavy production in the intro.[/B]
a 8.5 in Genre Accuracy

Overall Score: 7.16

huevos's Submission Evaluation

Creativity: Intro not super creative. Good use of slides and drums very AOF. Your lead and rhythms were very good but standard. your intro into your tempo change was really sweet on bar 16 clean guitar. Your distorted lead 2 sounds super Time Consumer Coheed and cambria which was really my cup off tea haha. Very good use of bending and slides which i rarely see anymore used the way you did. bar 33 had a real cool lead and i enjoy your continuous use of those clean guitar chords. I liked your breakdown but coulda been more creative. I must say after the breakdown the song turned REALLY good. If only it was all like this. Your leads were just so different and melodic and chill haha Your verse kicked absolute ASS. very good lead. I dunno something tells me you were a fan of coheed in their shabutie and second stage turbine blade days. Just a guess. either that or ATDI. Chorus got a little repetivtive til you began using ethnic drums that was neat. Interlude was good use off fading and effects. Im skipping to the solo bc u just repeat your self til then.
Solo. = Awesome. I love the use of a good solo in this genre. Again more seemingly that you like time consumer. I think you could of made a better ending though. but you did fine :).
Creativity Scores an 8

Quality: Pretty standard song build the intro coulda done more though. Ending NEEDED to do more. Solo was magnificant. Just the second half of the song destroyed the first half. I think you needed to focus on using more complex rhythms and this will become a masterpiece. Also spots without leads could really use something more. Good job. :).
Song Quality 7

Genre: everything except the rhythm sections were posthardcore. The solo did not take away from the song being PHC either so good job there. Your clean guitars were a tad off in the genre at times but regardless you did fine. I think your breakdown needed to be more of a climax, drums needed some double bass, and the song could of used more dissonance.
Genre Accuracy 7

Overall Score: 7.33

mtgold83
08-06-2009, 04:51 AM
Judging in Progress
chromaticvision

icronic's Submission Evaluation

Creativity: You really took DGD and made it your own dude. I think you need to add some let right and maybe make the lead a clean sound. but just a great intro. really upbeat not generic stuff here. verse was just super happy and like getting me pumped. Your chords were insanely thought out i presume very good. Chorus. Never heard anything like this. Just wow. I wasnt a fan of the drum break. You coulda added a bass solo or ambiance or feed back to make it better. The fact that you were so creative in your previous verse makes you lose some here though. Verse 2 just adding a slide and a melody ):. makes me sad. You could of done some insane Sh*t. You did not live up to the previous verse. It was still very cool thought and I like hearing it haha. The melodies did however help the prechorus and chorus. very enjoyable in those sections. I noticed them doing some different stuff to. Hahah. :). second drum break nuuuuuuuu D:. same as before. Make use of your skills dude. use it!. Interlude haha was really sweet. very different than most clean parts but I liked it. Really ATDIish sounding outro I liked it. Probably the least creative of the piece but still overall you did great.
Creativity Scores an 8

Quality:Coulda been longer ): (mostly bc i like hearing it hahahah) but yea Insane song build I just have a couple small problems with note selection in the verse. You went off of key I believe. Im not sure if it was on purpose or w/e. still not a big deal at all and wont really effect you. Everyting was just well done. This is something that needs to have vocals though. It would add so much more. make a better outro and this score you are about to receive would be 1 higher.
Song Quality 9

Genre: Almost perfeclty on genre. the clean part strayed from it a very tiny bit but you did amazingly in the rhythm section, the tiny leads at the end of the rhythms. The panning made that really effective. The intro was so DGD styled and such. Just a great job.
Genre Accuracy 9

Overall Score: 8.66

lordofthefood1's Submission Evaluation

Creativity: It seems like you took DGD and made them have sex with protest the hero hahah. It was cool. I loved the intro and the really sweet rhythms Your use of bass is very different but good for the most part. really didnt like the bars. 38- 46. seemed pointless the bars afterwareds is when this song started owning. the bars leading up to bar 57 were really sweet and angry haha. Bar 57 that whole section is awesome melody, disonance and everything that makes PHC sweet. I liked the TS changs btw. bars 61 really need a lead or something. It was all cool tho up til 81. 81 and that section were probably the best part and most thought out. Just really sweet rif***e. more of the power chords and etc. into the acoustic closing. It was cool and all but sounded a tad.. creepy in a not good way ):.You coulda done much better on that part but w/e.
Creativity Scores an 7.5

Quality:just overall a great song but needed leads in parts that it didnt. The bass could of been intended as more of a lead in these parts but i really think you coulda done more. You had great ideas and used them well but I woulda liked to hear more. Bass was awesome i must say though. oh i forgot this lol umm bars 6-8 and all the times you did that were a sweet way to build up. I just really liked that and needed to say it.
Song Quality 8

Genre: Pretty well on genre. The ending and some of the tapping ish and pull off parts were off a bit but you did good.
Genre Accuracy 8.25

Overall Score: 7.91
I am re

mtgold83
08-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Reserved For Judging
Thomasoman
Carl6661
Rumpy

(if you havent caught on Im doing 3 people per post bc there are 12 entrees so 4 posts.)

Uber Man
08-06-2009, 08:15 PM
ok, im gonna make it short and to the point :) i'll give it a score one positive comment (+) and one negative comment (-) for each category. btw i'll try judging very strictly here.

Thomasoman

Creativity: 7
+All the instruments have very unique parts, which i like to see.
-The use of the dissonant notes one semi-tone from each other, started getting boring and predictable, softening their tension building abilities.
Quality: 8
+It's quite obvious you spent a lot of time on each track and in each riff fine tuning every detail
-while having a limited amount of tracks does increase each tracks individuality and quality, i feel as though you had overfilled them with your time, time that could have been better spent working on a 5th track maybe? (idk, 8 is a really high score so, don't worry to much about this comment)
Genre: 9
+The only genre i could possibly place this in is post-harcore
-at around 84-91, things starting getting iffy, but that is the ONLY part i have complaints about
Final Score: 8
Beautiful peace, very well arranged for only four tracks, and a very nice example of post-hardcore.

Carl6661

Creativity: 8
+The time signature changes actually work, most songs that have them (imo) fail epically
-I honestly can't think of anything for a minus, except that they're weren't enough postitives
Quality: 9
+You obviously worked very hard on this piece. and it sounds amazing. From adding the dead notes on the bass to make the slides better, to the crash cymbals to make the reverse symbols sound better
-the ONLY! complaint here is that there was very little melody, lots of kick ass beats, but nothing you can really "hum" to, if you know what i mean.
Genre: 8
+Sounds like Post-harcore to me
-The multitude of clean guitar parts started pushing the limits a tad to hard, but that's ok imo because it scored you a point or two for creativity.
Final Score: 8.3
A personal fav of mine, mostly because im not a die hard PH fan, but that didn't earn you brownie points :P

Rumpy

+A very unique sound, and very nice melodies
-Because the devotion to making the guitar and drums really nice you managed to leave the poor little bass in the dust. Left to hold whole notes and slowly chug open quarter notes, very boring.
+Well sculpted chord progressions/phrases and melodies
-Transitions were rough, Transition from the first chorus to the pre-verse was odd, and built up tension wasted at the pre-chorus, kinda disappointing
Genre: 7
+Fits in the Post-Hardcore Genre
-The dissonant sounding riffs (while in them selves are good) come up to often and for to long.
Final Score: 7.3
It's post-hardcore, but its fairly generic, nothing very "wow" here *edit* when i said "generic" i meant like, "oh yah a unique 7/8 riff, not like there are enough of those..." i hope that makes more sense.

chromaticvision

+Each riff in itself is very unique
-Most of the time all your doing is building layers, layers of repeating riffs
+you worked a good long time on this one, many parts, many effects, good job
-Sometime parts starting getting out a place and losing strength. I like to see the basses hitting those higher octaves, but not unless there are at least 2 or 3 other parts to back it up. otherwise things start sounding weak and unsupported.
Genre: 6
+Has elements of post hardcore
-I thought that there weren't a lot of dark dissonant parts that one could insert screaming vocals, and there were no break downs. you sacrificed your genre score for the creativity score. *EDIT* what i meant, was it kind of sounded like a poppy punk song, rather than a post-hardcore song
A lot of parts, epic composition that may have failed to reach some expectations, but epic none the less.

lordofthefood1

+Very unique sounds, and i like how you had some riffs where the bass was lead, not a lot of that now-a-days
-*EDIT* after a re-listen i noticed that previous things were more "possible" than i previously believed, but the lack of any drum fills only raises you 1 point in creativity
Quality: 6
+The intro seemed very thought out
-The whole thing felt very very rushed. The time changes didn't work very well and the song felt unstructured and sounded unsupported.
+Elements of Post-Hardcore
-I honestly would not put this in a post-hardcore genre, im not sure where to put it though, there are so many different riffs from different styles of music im not sure what to do :S
Final Score: 6.7
Sorry bro, this song just felt lacking, but it does have a lot of potential.

icronic

+Very creative leads, chords, and interludes
-Things started getting repetitive up until the interlude
Quality: 7
+I liked how all the tracks complemented each other so well
-Some parts were very unsupported and weak, like the pre-chorus for example. and the drum breaks just didn't really work, there was little transition and everything sort of fell apart
+Fits in the Post-hardcore genre
-But not every riff does. Im not to sure about the chorus to be honest, it just feels out of place.

huevos

+Unique riffs and melodies :)
-your "solo" was more of an extended melody and was way to short
+Most every riff had at least one, sometimes two melodies going on.
-you had a lot of fancy stuff going on untill the interlude, which just fell apart. Taking out the drums really slowed everything down, and it was just hard to follow. (but you still got 8)
+fits in Post-Hardcore genre
-The constant, and sometimes seemingly random, switch from distortion leads and clean leads is kind of weird and unbalanced.
Final Score: 7.7
A fairly good piece with unique melodies and good support.

Of_Wolves

+I like how you managed to have a lot of chromatic "out of scale" stuff and still make it sound melodic
-Verse got really repetitive
+Very nice transitions into Chorus, i really like that
-The transition out of the first chorus seemed sloppy
+Very Post-Hardcore
-A little overproduced
nice song, each part was well managed, and i really liked the chorus.

OK! i shall try getting the other four done tonight.

|_JR_|

Creativity: 10
+Creative time signatures, creative bass lines, each part had its own very individual part, like'n it :)
- N/A, hence the 10
+Beautiful use of all 7 tracks, and excellent panning effects.
-Sometimes, (keyword) some tracks are engulfed and unheard and server very little purpose.
+I can see the Post hard. influences
-It's very far from traditional PHC. So many time changes, and overdubs. it almost sounds like some sort of jazz-prog fusion thing.
Really nice song. i thought i wouldn't like this song at all on first glance because of the 7/8 time signature, and 7/8 doesn't usually work out on my ears, but it sounded great.

Joe_92

+It's some pretty unique riffs.
-while i can't really think of anything "good" to put here, i can't just hand out 10's like free candy, im being really strict, so my stupid reasons are, 4/4 whole time (boring) bass didn't have much unique going on besides the chorus.
+has potential
-All lot of parts just kind of hurt my ears, with and without RSE. huge chord eighth notes played by both guitars just sounds bad in guitar pro, and it. and eventueally, somehow, the whole song got one eighth not behind (or ahead) of the beat. it seems like you should have noticed that and didn't care. and it would be very hard to sight read if one tried playing it.
+fits in PHC nicely
-nothing screams PHC!!!!! if i had listened to this at a different time not knowing it was for a PHC comp i woudn't have guessed it to be PHC
Pretty good, has potential, need some kinks worked out of it.

JesseBlanchard

+Everything had it's in part. and each part actually meant something :D
-Some of the time changes seemed to ruin the flow of the song.
+Great use of harmonics and changing of the drum tracks.
-can't think of anything significant enough to say, its all the littlest things added together.
+This definitely feels like a PHC song
-Somethings seemed a tad bit to "technical" if you know what i mean.
I Throughly enjoyed this work of awesome.

ninja.kitty

+Each part was sculpted individually while still keeping everything connected.
-Just kind of seems like it follows a generic (not entirely bad) structure of "soft melodic verses" to heavy(ish) choruses/pre-choruses.
+Excellent use of effects (reverse cymbal/instrument changes.)
-At the breakdown, the sudden jump for the 2nd frets to the 10th and 15th frets just seems unmanageable.
+Heavy PHC influence
-Like a lot of these songs, PHC wouldn't be the first genre i'd put it in, although it does fit.
Awesome song, well put together, and well supported.

plz understand my judging people, i didn't want to hand out 10's. i was looking for any reason not to give them 10's and only one 10 was squeezed out of me. Another thing is that, the more creative a song gets, the further away from its genre it gets, and nearer to the genre it gets, the more generic it sounds.

frankibo
08-15-2009, 11:26 AM
i like the way uber man has judged so im gonna do it the same way

Thomasoman

Creativity: 8.5
+very unique and unpredictable at times, i really enjoyed the bass break. outro was beautifully heavy
-seemed a bit to creative at times resulting in chaos
+a lot of effort clearly went into this resulting in a great composition
-the drums seemed to quiet at times though
+ no doubting this is PHC
- not sure about the 92-93 bit
Final Score: 8.5
great composition, i wasnt bored at all and i really enjoyed it. great use of dissonance.

Carl6661
Creativity: 9.5
+ there are many unique parts about it. the drum break is phenomenal, there is a nice mix of dissonance and melody resulting in an epic piece of music. time signature changes work beautifully,
- none of the song is really that unique on its own but the little things added here and there are what make this song seem so original (if that makes any sense - this tbh is more of a compliment if anything)
Quality: 10
+ undeniably brilliant quality, an insane amount of effort is obvious. mixed brilliantly as well
- its pretty much flawless on this front
+ it sounds kinda liked fightstars brand of PHC to me, which i would call PHC
- some may say fightstars brand of PHC isnt THAT PHC really.
i thinks its PHC.
Final Score: 9.5
Simply amazing, i listened to this over and over and enjoyed it every time. its heavy in all the right places, is interesting, melodic and just sounds amazing to be honest.

Rumpy

+ i enjoyed the clean solo and the chorus sounded pretty in an odd way i love the precerse riff
- ive seen the unique (and demented) pieces you have created and tbh i thought this fell short of what youre capable of. i have no idea why the verse II riff exists, the preverse riff should've continued as it is far more interesting. It was a bit too dissonant at times and the ended didnt seem right in my opinion
+ there are some nice meoldies
- again too much dissonance and the 7/8 riff sounds odd and out of place
+ has PHC elements.
- doesn't really seem PHC enough at times.
Final Score: 7
if it wasnt so dissonant and maybe had some more lead parts it wouldve scored much higher

chromaticvision

Creativity: 8.5
+ very unique for the most part. enjoyed the bass part and the lead guitar parts. the bridge is BEAUTIFUL.
-drums were very bland most of time though.

Quality: 8.5
+ very nicely mixed and a lot of effort clearly went into this...
- ...except the drums again.
Genre: 6.5
+ has PHC elements in places
- sounds more like like pop/rock to me
Final Score: 7.83
only the drums really let the actual piece down. it didnt really seem PHC for me though

lordofthefood1

Creativity: 6
+ pretty original...
- ...but i didnt really enjoy the originality. the lead parts annoyed me most of the time as did the drums. the bass parts were pretty cool though
+its mixed fairly well
- i cant tell if there was a load of effort gone into this or not, im kinda lost here.
+ its pretty PHC
- but im not sure if i enjoyed the elements of PHC youve used.
Final Score: 6.66
it wasnt a bad piece, i just didnt enjoy it really and it bored me at times.

icronic

Creativity: 9.5
+ very original, i enjoyed the guitar parts and the drums. contained some nice melodies. chorus is very nice. i quite liked the drum break as well. interlude was good. bass part was nice here. outro is very original and has a nice feeling to it, made me dance a little.
- ?
+ nicely mixed, good use of each track.
- ?
+ some parts sounded very PHC
- other parts sounded nothing like PHC (Chorus for example and the outro in some ways)
Final Score:8.5
i enjoyed this but i have to question how PHC it is.

huevos

Creativity: 6.5
+ its fairly original
- ...but some parts sound a bit bland. repeats bored me. breakdown was lame.
+ its fairly well mixed and its nice and melodic for the most part
- could've been better in many ways, it wasnt very complex
Genre:7
+its kinda PHC
- but again not really. maybe my idea of PHC is rubbish?
Final Score: 6.83
honestly, it bored me. nothing really happening

Of_Wolves

+ definitely a very original piece. loved the outro
- some bits sounded soo dissonant they just sounded like the wrong notes though.
+ well mixed, i loved the intro, very beautiful. good use of synth
- like ive always said there were bits that just sounded plain wrong.
+ definitely PHC
- didn't really use the best parts of PHC at times
Final Score: 7.33
the wrong notes in the chorus kinda ruined it for me but otherqwise it was a decent song.

_JR_

Creativity: 9
+ nice use of 7/8. very creepy intro, excellent. liked the bass parts. verse 3 is genius
- i hate the drums, really wrecked it for me. chorus didn't seem melodic enough.
+ nicely mixed, each track is used well.
- the drums make the song seem a mess. the chorus wasnt very well balanced
+ definitely PHC
- but i also have to agree with uber man, it was a bit to whacked for PHC
Final Score: 8.33
very nice piece. as i will say once more, i hate the drums though.

Joe_92

Creativity: 6
+ i like the intro but its probably been done a BILLION times before
- actually this kinda applies to the whole song
+ nicely mixed, each track is used well, nice harmonies in places. liked the lead in the bridge.
- the timing got super screwed up in places what the hell happened? why is there 15/16 when its meant to be 4/4? :S
+ sounded like the blackout PHC, i loved the blackout :D
- theyre not really that PHC lol
Final Score: 7
i don't really think this song hits this competition tbh. it wasnt anything amazing or unique but i really enjoyed it, this scoring system just doesn't reflect that lol.

JesseBlanchard

Creativity: 9
+ intro is pretty original. the main riff is GENIUS! :D nice verses, all very different. good drum parts, nice sample drum bit. good breakdown. good lead parts.
- didn't like the first few bars of the chorus, thought they let the song down tbh :/
+ each track did its job well, good lead parts, good clean parts, mixed very nicely.
- chorus seemed chaotic
+ very PHC!!
- ?
Final Score: 9
I LOVE THIS SONG. it really is an epic song, that riff is ****ing excellent. if you record this i need to hear it!!

ninja.kitty

Creativity: 10
+ nice intro, epic chorus. enjoyed the breakdown as well. lead parts are good.
- cant really fault the creativity, its very original.
Quality: 10
+ the effort is obvious. good use of keys, chords used are excellent. mixing is good.
- cant really fault the quality
+ there are elements of PHC (some of the lead parts and the breakdown)...
- but i have to say it is more post rock then PHC
Final Score: 9
this is a very nice song, its just isn't very PHC but thats really the only thing that lets it down, outside of this competition it its an almost faultless song. i think the last chord should be huge and epic and distorted, not clean and understated.