[GP5] Midnight March (Neoclassical instrumental)

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5] Midnight March (Neoclassical instrumental)

bnull24
07-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Ok people, this is my very first piece that I have ever actually sat down and composed. Other than this, all I've ever really written is some chord progressions on the fly and some improvised solos. It is a neoclassical piece, but it isn't really a rock song, more like an old Baroque piece. It is in theme and variation form, which I was inspired to use by Paganini's 24th Caprice. Other inspirations for this piece include but are not limited to Bach, Vivaldi, and several neoclassical shredders, namely Yngwie Malmsteen. Enjoy, and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism is much appreciated.

AustinxAtomic
07-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Sounds good, man.

tearsofmyguitar
07-20-2009, 07:59 PM
sounds pretty good, but parts of it do sound VERY similar to the 24th caprice.

AvengedFoghat
07-20-2009, 08:00 PM
nice. I just changed it a little bit to make it more "neoclassical metal" sounding. but still, it's a really nice piece :)

bnull24
07-20-2009, 08:18 PM
sounds pretty good, but parts of it do sound VERY similar to the 24th caprice.
Are you referring to the grace notes before the arpeggios in bars 34-37? If so, yeah I pretty much got that idea entirely from Paganini. Also, the rapidly arpeggiated ending is very similar, but I didn't even realize that until now, I just thought it was a cool way to end it, must have been some sort of subliminal thing. Anywhere else?